Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2020-2021 • Karjala Cup • Nov. 2-8 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Do you guys think players who are on loan from the NHL / AHL can participate in the EHT? Had undeniably spiced up the teams.

Karjala Tournament will apparently run from 2-8 November. Doubtful .... but if it should go off:

Werner
Lassinanti

Movarare - Heed
Borgman - Björnfot
Lindström - Söderström

Nygård - Händemark - Brome
Bemström - Asplund - Sandin
Grundström - Steen - Fagemo
Fjällby - Vejdemo - Gustafsson

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Whats the point of using players on loan? They will be back in NA in November. WCH will most likely be played without any North American based players anyway.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same as theslatcher wrote. That could be an interesting tournament without nhl-players. Russia is not so clear favourite anymore than it used to be back in 2018 Olympics.

member 305909

I wouldnt mind if the EHT-tournaments were binned altogether. Very uninteresting and an unnecessary break to the domestic season.

However, I guess not everybody agrees with me.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Well, tournament not far away. Rosters should be nominated next week.

Assuming no WJC players, no NHL-loans and no players from KHL/NLA:

Rubin
Lindvall

E.Gustafsson - V.Berglund
Sellgren - Lundkvist
Martinsson - Högström

Berggren - Wingerli - Fröden
Wedin - Lias - Zaar
Bristedt - Ljungh - Lundh
Viksten - Rydahl - Lindqvist

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
That would be majorly stupid from those players. What if they got injured?
Someone wrote that if Finnish association would get insurances for them. But maybe it was just a joke. Don't know at all if it is possible or not and how expensive it would be.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
where can I find the rosters for Team Sweden, I just heard Mattias Norlinder was invited which comes as a surprise.

Målvakter
30. Samuel Ersson, 21, Brynäs
41. Niklas Rubin, 24, Frölunda (debutant)
Backar
6. Mattias Norlinder, 20, Frölunda (debutant)
13. Niklas Hansson, 25, Rögle
27. Nils Lundkvist, 20, Luleå
52. Arvid Lundberg, 26, Skellefteå
58. Jesper Sellgren, 22, Frölunda
73. Adam Ollas Mattsson, 24, Malmö (debutant)
94. Joel Persson, 26, Växjö
Forwards
12. Max Friberg, 27, Frölunda
23. Lias Andersson, 22, HV71
25. Gustav Rydahl, 26, Färjestad
28. Jesper Frödén, 26, Skellefteå (debutant)
29. Pontus Holmberg, 21, Växjö (debutant)
33. Michael Lindqvist, 26, Färjestad
36. Linus Ölund, 23, Brynäs
48. Jonatan Berggren, 20, Skellefteå (debutant)
51. Emil Sylvegård, 27, Malmö
54. Jonathan Dahlén, 22, Timrå (debutant)
57. Anton Wedin, 27, HV71
67. Leon Bristedt, 25, Rögle
70. Jacob Nilsson, 27, Färjestad
72. Daniel Zaar, 26, Rögle

Reactions: montreal

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Rubin/Ersson

Sellgren - Ollas Mattsson
Norlinder -Martinsson
Nasen - Hansson
Nyberg / Backstrom

Dahlen - Nilsson - Lindqvist
Holmberg - Bristedt - Zaar
Berggren - Wingerli - Fröden
Wedin - Lias - Friberg
Sylvegård, Olund

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Finland were supposed to release the roster today but it was pushed to end of the week due to Jokerit players quarantine.

And to clarify, the hockey associations of Finland, Sweden and Czch Rep. sent official notice today to the Russian one that they have to send an men's team to this tournament, because it is meant for men's teams, not a U-20 team. So either men's team or no team at all.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Erik Gustafsson (Luleå) seems to want to play for Team Sweden again, thats good news for us, he is one of our best players we have here in europe, Luleåkaptenen blickar mot Tre Kronor igen: "En VM-turnering hägrar"

He certainly is, and if the World Championships are played without NHLers, he should be a shoo-in WITHOUT HAVING TO PLAY IN THE EURO HOCKEY TOUR (this would also be my opinion under normal circumstances, but I wrote it in caps because of the pandemic).

E.Gustafsson - V.Berglund
Lundkvist

Please let Luleå keep all of their players in Sweden during the pandemic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I don't understand how other teams can decide what players Russia wants to send. Is there a rule in this tournament that says every player has to be at least 20? If not a team would be allowed to send a 19 year old like teams send 19 year olds to mens tournaments all the time. Once you get to that point you can't stop a team from sending an entire team of 19 year olds. Unless there's a rule preventing any U20 players, or those teams basically want to boycott the tournament and play their own 3 team series of games essentially giving this tournament to Russia by default I don't see what leg they have to stand on.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't understand how other teams can decide what players Russia wants to send. Is there a rule in this tournament that says every player has to be at least 20? If not a team would be allowed to send a 19 year old like teams send 19 year olds to mens tournaments all the time. Once you get to that point you can't stop a team from sending an entire team of 19 year olds. Unless there's a rule preventing any U20 players, or those teams basically want to boycott the tournament and play their own 3 team series of games essentially giving this tournament to Russia by default I don't see what leg they have to stand on.

It's classified as a men's/senior tournament not as a U-20 tournament.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Teams, not players. You do understand the difference between individual U-20 players on a senior team and team with nothing but U-20 players?

So where do you draw the line? If you bring 1 you cannot bring 2? Or is it 5? Or 10 that's too many?

The point is if it's legal to bring 1 then you can't stop a team from bringing an entire team of them as each one is individually eligible.

I personally am disgusted when the weaker U20 teams bring like half their players 18 and under. You should only allowed to bring a couple that is a U20 tournament not a U19 tournament :sarcasm:

Reactions: Oleksiak

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So where do you draw the line? If you bring 1 you cannot bring 2? Or is it 5? Or 10 that's too many?

The point is if it's legal to bring 1 then you can't stop a team from bringing an entire team of them as each one is individually eligible.

I personally am disgusted when the weaker U20 teams bring like half their players 18 and under. You should only allowed to bring a couple that is a U20 tournament not a U19 tournament :sarcasm:

How about more than half are over 20. Seriously, I'm about to go all BobMcKenzie on you...

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
How about more than half are over 20. Seriously, I'm about to go all BobMcKenzie on you...

If the tournament has that rule then all the power to them. Without a fixed rule I don't see how the 3 other teams can stop them.

I'm not arguing what the rule should or shouldn't be. I'm saying if there isn't a rule preventing the entire team from being U20 then I don't think the other teams can prevent Russia from doing that.

Reactions: Atas2000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad