Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2020-2021 • Karjala Cup • Nov. 2-8 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
What I like about this Russian team is their composure with the puck. The way they can keep possession of the puck even under pressure. They also keep passing the puck back to their own end instead of just dumping it or giving it away.

Larionov has been teaching them to play it the way Soviet team did it. Bragin never was an elite Soviet player, so his hockey is different.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
I may be in the minority, but I wish the NHL Network would be covering this tournament- or pretty much any hockey from either the KHL, SHL, or any of the Europe leagues instead of the canned programming and reruns of old games that has been the majority of the programming.

Would seem to be a good way to generate interest in players that may be in the league one day - or those who played there in the past.

Reactions: Le CH

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice job by Russia. I was happy the Czechs played all the young guys and gave them experience. 2 guys, jiricek and svozil, might not even make the U20 team as they are do young. Parik did not look the best in the goals against. Next time he plays this awesome Russian squad he won't have a legit NHL defender in front of him. I'm guessing Russia beats us about 6-1 at wjhc.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Larionov has been teaching them to play it the way Soviet team did it. Bragin never was an elite Soviet player, so his hockey is different.
I would not give all credit to Larionov because it is a new policy/approach of the FHR.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
No policy can do it, it's all about coach and players.
But someone is developing the kids in some way, someone is teaching the coaches. What do you think the purpose of Rotenberg´s slogan "Красная машина - новая сборка" is about?

Reactions: Atas2000

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
But someone is developing the kids in some way, someone is teaching the coaches. What do you think the purpose of Rotenberg´s slogan "Красная машина - новая сборка" is about?
About the pipe dreams of a man who has 0 experience at the ground level?

Reactions: Ingvar

wings5

Jan 6, 2008

I don't know if that is the case here, as mentioned Larionov was an elite Soviet player, if anyone would know about the Soviet approach it would be the professor himself. I don't think anyone is teaching him, he obviously has meetings with people in FHR where they have discussions but he already knows how he wants to coach.

Reactions: Bread4Life

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
That's a narrative. Do you think Larionov could teach them ANYTHING in that time? Just as Bragin before him.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
No policy can do it, it's all about coach and players.
It is exactly the other way round. No NT coach can do it in the limited time he has his hands on the players. A countrywide approch and development policies can.

Reactions: vorky

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
It was a really good idea by the Russians
And it was really good idea by the Czechs to let a 16 year old kid play if they feel like he is ready and he is their future star. Let them others complain all they want.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This game Chinakhov is our best player. Overall, all our 1st rounders look great.
Nope. He had one good shot and started retrying it again and again. That's lack of hockey sense in a strategic kind of way. Other than that he's had some boneheaded plays too. It was still easily:

Askarov

Podkolzin, Amirov

everybody else

in that game.

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->