Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2013-2014 • 2nd Stage • Karjala Cup • Nov. 7-10 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
This stage is a really nice tourney for all khl fans & insiders.
in the last stages we had also a lot of players, but i think this time we have the highest number?

How much swedish players do play in the khl.

russia will have 22, finland 16, czech rep. 15.

Last edited:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
offense looks really sirious!!! a lot of heavyweights in there.
Yeah, save for a couple of declinations due to injuries (Niko Kapanen and Janne Pesonen), it's practically the who's who of Finnish hockey on the European side.

For a reason, I might add. The Finnish team management had said that this is the main event for those who wish to vie for Sochi outside the NHL. Do good here, and you take a giant leap towards booking a slot. Therefore anyone getting an invite better show up.

roto

Oct 26, 2009
This stage is a really nice tourney for all khl fans & insiders.
At least I really look forward to this tournament. We see a lot of good players who are used to play on big ice and have history of playing together. Of course I look forward to Sochi too, but I see it only as one tournament among others - availability of the NHL players doesn't change the fact that there are just teams who determine which team is the best in tournament. All the talking about determining the best hockey country is ********, because it can't be determined in such mini tournament.

I take tournaments as tournaments and look forward to seeing good ice hockey in EHT, in Olympics and in WC. There was nothing prestigious and entertaining in Vancouver in Team Finland's games againt Belarus, Germany and Sweden. Bronze game was better though but in general, it was far from high-level ice hockey. FIN-RUS in last WC was great (and many other FIN-RUS games too) and something I like to watch independently from are the players from KHL, NHL or somewhere else.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Top 5?

We could argue that Jokerit alone has 4 Dmen that are better than him or at similar level.
Surprised to see him being swedish, i can honestly say i have no recollection of his name whatsoever. But okey, i see him named as aka Adam Andersson, he must have changed his name since leaving Sweden. That name is familiar, although that surname also happens to be the most common one in Sweden.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
karlsson, bertilsson, viklund and pettersson injured. burström, bång, rasmussen and rödin will replace. sweden always have many injured players, especially bertilsson...I guess möller will get "injured" tomorrow.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
and what does mårts see in rasmussen? he have got the chance 1 millon times and not taking it. he is shaky with the puck and not physical enough. why not give the spot to someone like thuresson. thuresson - lundqvist - bång would be mean and physical line.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
No Kovy for Russia. Wasn't expected to be there actually and came as a surprise he was on the long list anyway.

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
Updates from Team Russia

• Prokhorkin replaces Kovalchuk
• Petrov, Svitov, Kokarev, Plotnikov, Koshechkin did not made it

Lines @ Camp

Popov - Tereshchenko - Perezhogin
Aleksandrov - Nikulin

Tikhonov - Shipachyov - Lisin
Chudinov - Medvedev

Panarin - Burmistrov - Varnakov
Biryukov - Zubarev

Averin - Kablukov - Prokhorkin - Glukhov
Ryasensky - Kiselevich

Barulin, Eremenko

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
This is a pure hunch, but I think we haven't seen Niko Kapanen in EHT for a while?

Is there a reason for that?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
This is a pure hunch, but I think we haven't seen Niko Kapanen in EHT for a while?

Is there a reason for that?
Last year, Jalonen was willing to give him a pass for the early-season tournaments because really, the guy had nothing left to prove there. Then he decided to withdraw from the WHC altogether to spend some time with his family for change, which meant we didn't see him in springtime either.

Now, Erkka said that Kapanen would have been in that roster but had to withdraw due to injury. Remains to be seen if he's going to Moscow before Xmas, but if he keeps playing in the KHL like he's played for the last few seasons, I'm not thinking it'll be absolutely necessary.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Last year, Jalonen was willing to give him a pass for the early-season tournaments because really, the guy had nothing left to prove there. Then he decided to withdraw from the WHC altogether to spend some time with his family for change, which meant we didn't see him in springtime either.

Now, Erkka said that Kapanen would have been in that roster but had to withdraw due to injury. Remains to be seen if he's going to Moscow before Xmas, but if he keeps playing in the KHL like he's played for the last few seasons, I'm not thinking it'll be absolutely necessary.

Alright, makes sense. Thanks!

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Finland - lines in game against Russia:
http://yle.fi/urheilu/kontiola_johtaa_ykkosnyrkkia_-_talla_kokoonpanolla_leijonat_isannoi_venajaa/6919466

Hagman - Kontiola - Aaltonen
Enlund - Lehterä - Salminen
Komarov - Immonen - Pihlström
Osala - Wirtanen - Hartikainen
(Pyörälä)

Lepistö-Hietanen
Mäntylä-Karalahti
Jaakola-Kukkonen
Väänänen-Laakso

Rynnäs/Hovinen
Loving the 3rd and 4th line grit :hit: opponents keep your head up.

Komarov was named C again.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
And as usual Sweden has issues selling tickets to hockey tournaments. Tickets are dropping in price now.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Russa - Finland should be an interesting game. I believe Finland will win it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad