Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2013-2014 • 2nd Stage • Karjala Cup • Nov. 7-10 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
Extended Roster of Russia:
Barulin
Koshechkin
Yeryomenko

Aleksandrov
Ryasensky
Chudinov
Biryukov
Zubarev
Kiselevich
Medvedev
Nikulin

Averin
Plotnikov
Burmistrov
Varnakov
Petrov
Svitov
Tereshchenko
Glukhov
Kablukov
Kovalchuk
Tikhonov
Shipachyov
Panarin
Lisin
Kokarev
Perezhogin
Popov

Still cant believe, Bilyaletdinov did not invited the both KHL Top Scorers Zaripov & Mozyakin

roto

Oct 26, 2009
Nice to see that Russia will have quite high profile team there. Finland will have basically its best euro players there, so I think we'll see an interesting tournament. Finnish team will be announced next week.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Finland's roster:

Jussi Rynnäs, Kärpät
Niko Hovinen, Novokuznetsk

Teemu Laakso, Severstal
Jere Karalahti, Jokerit
Ossi Väänänen, Jokerit
Lasse Kukkonen, Kärpät
Tuukka Mäntylä, Novokuznetsk
Sami Lepistö, Avtomobilist
Juuso Hietanen, Torpedo
Topi Jaakola, Lev Prague

Niklas Hagman, Ässät
Jori Lehterä, Sibir
Petteri Wirtanen, Donbass
Sakari Salminen, Torpedo
Jonas Enlund, Sibir
Jarkko Immonen, Torpedo
Petri Kontiola, Traktor
Mika Pyörälä, Kärpät
Antti Pihlström, Ufa
Juhamatti Aaltonen, Kärpät
Oskar Osala, Neftekhimik
Teemu Hartikainen, Ufa
Leo Komarov, Dynamo Moscow

D Petteri Nummelin had to withdraw due to injury. Replaced by Jere Karalahti.

Last edited:

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Eat your hearts out Czechs, swedes and russians. we finns gonna blow this one 3-0 like we did the last one. Easy win

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Sweden named its roster today.

L 11 Simon Hjalmarsson
R 12 Fredrik Pettersson
C 13 Tom Wandell
C 20 Joel Lundqvist
R 22 Robin Figren
C 24 Martin Janmark
C 25 David Ullström
C 26 Niklas Olausson
R 40 Pär Arlbrandt
R 44 Nicklas Danielsson
L 45 Oscar Möller
L 67 Martin Thörnberg
C 71 William Karlsson
L 86 Linus Klasen

D 2 Simon Bertilsson
D 6 Tom Nilsson
D 9 Niclas Andersén
D 15 John Klingberg
D 33 Elias Fälth
D 48 Daniel Rahimi
D 50 Sebastian Erixon

G 1 Henrik Karlsson
G 31 Johan Backlund

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Where are players like Alm, Tellqvist, Rautio, Bergfors, Videll, Paulsson? And MÃ¥rts said to hockeysverige that Persson would have made the team if he was not injured, thats just insane. MÃ¥rts needs to get fired.

Anyways I want to see this lineup...

Hjalmarsson - Janmark - Arlbrant
Klasen - Olausson - Thörnberg
Möller - Wandell - Ullström
Rödin - Karlsson - Figren

Fälth - Andersen
Klingberg - Bertilsson
Erixon - Rahimi

Karlsson (2 games)
Backlund

Extras: Nilsson, Danielsson, Lundqvist.

Time for Tre Kronor to win some games in EHT. Im tired of losing.

Last edited:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
I'm surprised that Adam Masuhr hasn't gotten a chance at EHT. Any idea why? He's easily top-5 defender in the SM-liiga.
There indeed seems to be some kind of systematic aversion towards Swedes who play in SM-liiga. However, as soon as they've moved on, to KHL or back to SHL, they've suddenly got an invitation.

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
he is not top-5........

Yes he is. Craig Schira and Simon Gysbers are the only defenders I'd take to my team before him. Terrific shot, great playmaking ability and skating, one of the best open ice hitters in the league, he has good leadership ability and as a defender he is starting to hit his prime.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
There indeed seems to be some kind of systematic aversion towards Swedes who play in SM-liiga. However, as soon as they've moved on, to KHL or back to SHL, they've suddenly got an invitation.

its the same for finns who play in shl. no salmela in lejoniit team...the guy is top 10 in shl.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
its the same for finns who play in shl. no salmela in lejoniit team...the guy is top 10 in shl.

As far as I know, Salmela was left off the team in the spring due to ahem- personal problems. I assume that is the reason he is still out and to be honest I do not miss him one bit. There have been Finnish players from SHL in EHT recently though, like Ville Lajunen and Kukkonen last year.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
As far as I know, Salmela was left off the team in the spring due to ahem- personal problems. I assume that is the reason he is still out and to be honest I do not miss him one bit. There have been Finnish players from SHL in EHT recently though, like Ville Lajunen and Kukkonen last year.
Indeed. Salmela is currently persona non grata for the Finnish NT for the same reason Jere Karalahti's career took a turn to south in the mid-2000s and made him an unwanted player in both the NT pool and the NHL.

And like Gaps pointed out, there have been plenty of Finns who have even made major tournaments from the SHL. An especially prominent example is Tomi Kallio, who I believe has the reputation as one of the most feared snipers in Elitserien. There have also been a fair amount of Finns who had good bouts in Sweden and made at least EHT thanks to that. Mikko Lehtonen (the forward) comes to mind, for example.

Of course, the amount of Swedes in SM-liiga over the years has been relatively small, at least when compared the other way around. But still, even those who have done good have hardly got any notions. A good example is Jonas Andersson, who was tearing up SM-liiga for both HPK and Kärpät, but only piqued interest and made the EHT and eventually WHC as well only after his transfer to Minsk in the KHL.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Erkka Westerlund said in an interview this tournament will be higher level than World Championship tournament, referring to player selections.

Also Columbus GM Jarmo Kekäläinen Joined Finland coaching staff as Assistant GM to Jari Kurri and he will give information of Finnish players in NHL and also scout opponents for Sochi

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Also Columbus GM Jarmo Kekäläinen Joined Finland coaching staff as Assistant GM to Jari Kurri and he will give information of Finnish players in NHL and also scout opponents for Sochi
Kurri as Keklu's boss? Now that sounds just... perverse.

bebl

Jul 5, 2008
Finland
Yes he is. Craig Schira and Simon Gysbers are the only defenders I'd take to my team before him. Terrific shot, great playmaking ability and skating, one of the best open ice hitters in the league, he has good leadership ability and as a defender he is starting to hit his prime.

Väänänen, Kousa, Eronen, Söderholm, Schira, Gysbers, Kukkonen, Pokka, Näkyvä, Savilahti-Nagander, Morrisonn and Taimi for start and few others are same category with him.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Kurri as Keklu's boss? Now that sounds just... perverse.

You know what would be even more perverse? Kale giving Kurri's current post to Juti, making Juti Keklu's boss (assuming he stays after this season).

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Is Niko Kapanen injured? He is still seriously competing for 4th line center spot in Sotchi.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Is Niko Kapanen injured? He is still seriously competing for 4th line center spot in Sotchi.

Yes he is. and Janne Pesonen aswell. Also Jere Karalahti and Janne Niskala were close to Karjala tournament selection and Tami Tamminen put out Hytönen as 5th name that are probaply the last 5 players outside this group to have chance for Sochi

Last edited by a moderator:

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
Väänänen, Kousa, Eronen, Söderholm, Schira, Gysbers, Kukkonen, Pokka, Näkyvä, Savilahti-Nagander, Morrisonn and Taimi for start and few others are same category with him.

Väänänen is in his decline, Kousa is poor man's Masuhr, Eronen is all about offensive game, Söderholm is in his decline, Pokka is good young talent but he's not at Masuhr's level right now, Näkyvä is all about offensive game, Savilahti-Nagander has good shot but that's about it, Morrisonn is all about defensive game and Taimi is not even close.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Where are players like Alm, Tellqvist, Rautio, Bergfors, Videll, Paulsson? And MÃ¥rts said to hockeysverige that Persson would have made the team if he was not injured, thats just insane. MÃ¥rts needs to get fired.

Anyways I want to see this lineup...

Hjalmarsson - Janmark - Arlbrant
Klasen - Olausson - Thörnberg
Möller - Wandell - Ullström
Pettersson - Karlsson - Figren

Fälth - Andersen
Klingberg - Bertilsson
Erixon - Rahimi

Karlsson (2 games)
Backlund

Extras: Nilsson, Danielsson, Lundqvist.

Time for Tre Kronor to win some games in EHT. Im tired of losing.

what's this guys situation with contract? I'd like him in CSKA :D

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
Finland's roster:

Niklas Hagman, Ässät
Jori Lehterä, Sibir
Petteri Wirtanen, Donbass
Sakari Salminen, Torpedo
Jonas Enlund, Sibir
Jarkko Immonen, Torpedo
Petri Kontiola, Traktor
Mika Pyörälä, Kärpät
Antti Pihlström, Ufa
Juhamatti Aaltonen, Kärpät
Oskar Osala, Neftekhimik
Teemu Hartikainen, Ufa
Leo Komarov, Dynamo Moscow

offense looks really sirious!!! a lot of heavyweights in there.

russianhockey

Apr 22, 2007
www.russianhockey.de
Czech's Roster

Jakub Kovář (Jekatěrinburg, KHL),
Jakub Å těpánek (Čerepovec, KHL).

Petr Čáslava (Čerepovec, KHL)
Lukáš Krajíček (Dynamo Minsk, KHL),
Zdeněk Kutlák (Slovan Bratislava, KHL),
Jakub Nakládal, Martin Ševc (oba HC Lev Praha, KHL),
Tomáš Kaberle, Milan Doudera (oba Rytíři Kladno).

Roman Červenka (Petrohrad, KHL),
Jan Kovář (Magnitogorsk, KHL),
Zbyněk Irgl (Dynamo Minsk, KHL),
Petr Hubáček (Jyväskylä, Finsko),
Jakub Petružálek (Chabarovsk, KHL),
Lukáš KaÅ¡par, Václav Nedorost (oba Doněck, KHL),
Petr Vrána, Jiří Sekáč (oba HC Lev Praha, KHL),
Tomáš Rolinek, Ivan Rachůnek, Jan Buchtele (vÅ¡ichni HC Sparta Praha),
Radek Smoleňák (Pelicans Lahti, Finsko),
Ondřej Roman (HC Vítkovice Steel).

Náhradníci:
Alexandr Salák (Petrohrad, KHL), Jan Piskáček, Jakub Krejčík, Daniel Přibyl (vÅ¡ichni HC Sparta Praha), Robert Kousal (HC ČSOB PojiÅ¡ťovna Pardubice).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad