Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2013-2014 • 2nd Stage • Karjala Cup • Nov. 7-10 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Kontiola & Aaltonen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lehterä & Enlund

Lepistö & Irgl fight!

That's irrelevant comparison. What about Aaltonen vs. Salminen?

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
It's a center & winger duo comparison.

Yup. So, we can forget about Lehterä in Sochi. Kontiola still seems to keep his outside chance alive by the sound of it.

But which one of these wingers - Aaltonen or Salminen - has been better? (Cannot watch the game.)

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Still one game left, but Lehterä is playing himself out of Sochi, and Karalahti is too slow.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Karalahti is too slow.
Yep. He's pretty good offensively, but his defensive game is still full of question marks. It's one reason why Tami makes such a bad analyst. He praised Jere here all the way through, but all those words and his infatuation with Nummelin show is that he only sees the offensive flair and is completely blind to what d-men do in the other end of the rink.

Another indicator of that is that whenever we give up a goal, he pours most of the blame on the goalie despite the d-men not being on top of their game.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Finns can't provide proper medical attention to an injured russian player according to russian team physician Konov. Averin is forced to fly home for medical examination. Classless. I bet they would have found some time for a finn.

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Finns can't provide proper medical attention to an injured russian player according to russian team physician Konov. Averin is forced to fly home for medical examination. Classless. I bet they would have found some time for a finn.

Sounds bogus.

Which is funny cause I've seen you being critical about media when it concerns Russia but now you take it as granted. ;)

Jaan

May 10, 2013

Source?

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
Nice efforts at this tournament from our team.
I was impressed the most by Lisin and Panarin. Tikhonov was decent, Byrmistrov was good, except for stupid penalties. Tereshenko - reliable, as always (except for face-offs), Popov - surprisingly good (I thought that he is done, but he prooved, that he had some fuel so far). And I'm satisfied with the rest of F.
D is meeeh, inspite of victories. Not good enough at Olympic level, but I know - that's all we have so far.
The main question to me - if Bill will try Zaripov and Mozyakin on last EHT before OG? Or he gave up the idea to use them?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

Must be horse s***t, in Finland you get treatment right away if you broke a bone or something like that or worse, and you need to be just nobody, and you get it for free.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
I used to really like Komarov, but now I have lost all the respect I ever had for him. What a ****. Hope somebody ends his career next game he plays.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
That is what happens when players try to avoid tackles sometimes.
Mm. It was by no means intentional kneeing. Janmark tried to dodge the hit and was too late. He should have just taken it like a man.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Haha Finland is acting really pathetic right now, slashing a player who isn't ever near the puck. So dirty

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Lehterä looks surprisingly good now when I watched him for a second. Decent speed after all. Size & skill. Book him to Sochi!

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki

It's not 20th century anymore.
Sounds a bit weird to me. Finland has some of the world leading sport injury doctors, like Sakari Orava who did Beckham's achilles surgery, and my dads. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad