Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2013-2014 • 2nd Stage • Karjala Cup • Nov. 7-10 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

starduckets

Jul 4, 2011
According to the Swedish team's official twitter, Leo Komarov went to the Swedish locker room to apologize for his hit after the game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Said yesterday on Finnish tv, the Finnish and Russian tournaments will continue for the next three years while the Swedish and Czech ones will end after this season.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Said yesterday on Finnish tv, the Finnish and Russian tournaments will continue for the next three years while the Swedish and Czech ones will end after this season.

Yes, the Swedish and the Czech ones will be replaced by ordinary games if im not mistaken.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
According to the Swedish team's official twitter, Leo Komarov went to the Swedish locker room to apologize for his hit after the game.

I did lose some respect for Komarov. I thought he has become dirtier, before he hit hard, all the time, but clean. But this proves it must have been accident - you don't go to other teams locker room after thing like that unless it really wasn't intentional.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I did lose some respect for Komarov. I thought he has become dirtier, before he hit hard, all the time, but clean. But this proves it must have been accident - you don't go to other teams locker room after thing like that unless it really wasn't intentional.

It was an ugly hit, but Komarov is no Jarkko Ruutu. Komarov's hits have not become any dirtier IMO, but he has learned new little tricks to get under the opponent's skin and some of them are in the grey area. They are not things that would cause injuries, but it could be asked if they should still be penalized.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
They are not things that would cause injuries, but it could be asked if they should still be penalized.
I like Komarov's little tricks as they are, there's definitely no reason to make them any more pena-like.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They should have actually kept the last leg in the EHT, as the warm up for WHC, and rotate it between the countries.

I think the fact that some domestic leagues are running rather close to the Worlds(players from finalists might not make it to the tournament), mean that it's better to have them in the Fall/before Christmas. Also makes sense in Olympic Years.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
I think the fact that some domestic leagues are running rather close to the Worlds(players from finalists might not make it to the tournament), mean that it's better to have them in the Fall/before Christmas. Also makes sense in Olympic Years.

Well, I don't know, may be just after the reg. season... Although clearly nobody wants to risk an injury just before the play offs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad