Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2013-2014 • 2nd Stage • Karjala Cup • Nov. 7-10 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE]

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Dear god Karalahti sucks so badly, really hope he doesn't make the olympic team

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Finland wins 4-3 goals :
1-0 Hietanen, PP
1-1 Alexandrov, Popov, Nikulin PP
1-2 Varnakov, Chudinov,Medvedev
2-2 Osala, Hartikainen
2-3 Komarov, Pihlström
3-3 Averin
4-3 Salminen, Mäntylä,Karalahti

Rynnäs: 20 saves
Barulin: 24 saves

Best player of Team Finland: Salminen
Best player of Team Russia: Popov

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Linus Klasen's second goal. the Czech defense was non-existent

they all got caught standing pylon style

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Sweden dominated tonight. Will be interesting to see us facing Finland, I think we've got a good chance of winning.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Defenceman Jyri Marttinen (Porin Ässät) will replace Teemu Laakso, who got injured.

Quite surprised since he hasn't been that great in Liiga this season. Good for him though.

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
What's the big deal? We'll get our 3 men from that roster. It's not our D that sucks it's Alexandrov and Kiselevich.
That roster - which one are you talking about?
Assuming, that olympic lost is not the end of the world it's not a big deal at all:)

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Defenceman Jyri Marttinen (Porin Ässät) will replace Teemu Laakso, who got injured.

Quite surprised since he hasn't been that great in Liiga this season. Good for him though.

Marttinen conveniently returned to the NT in August for the 1st time since Erkka's last reign. Sounds like sauna buddies to me.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
That roster - which one are you talking about?
Assuming, that olympic lost is not the end of the world it's not a big deal at all:)

There are easily 3 defenceman for the olympic roster there. And I just love ppl panicking after an EHT game. No, our defence wasn't bad. It is one man's(Alexandrov) 3 rookie mistakes cost us 3 goals, and Kiselevich who I admit is still young enough and a first time call up and has a benefit of a doubt was good for another goal against. Noone expects this roster to be anywhere close to the olympic one, so I don't have trouble with some of the call ups being bad. I just hope this is the last stint for Alexandrov and Kiselevich gets the message he's not there yet. There are other negatives and positives to take from that one game, but once again, no, our D as a whole wasn't that bad. Just the level of some ppl isn't up there.

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
There are easily 3 defenceman for the olympic roster there.
Yeah... that's exactly what scares me the most:D

And I just love ppl panicking after an EHT game.
And I just love girls with big boobs... people are so different...:D

No, our defence wasn't bad.
Disagree. Bad positioning, poor decision-making, soft, when need hard-hitting, hard-hitting, when need reliability... Jeez, they could hardly move the puck from their own zone! And all of this against KHL's Finns only!

It is one man's(Alexandrov) 3 rookie mistakes cost us 3 goals, and Kiselevich who I admit is still young enough and a first time call up and has a benefit of a doubt was good for another goal against.
No, not these two only. For example - the goal, you put on Kiselevich only, was the result of poor decision by Ryasenskiy as well, cause in that situation the 1st thing he had to do was to prevent passing through the goal zone. Instead, he decided to heat the forward, that was useless in that case...

Noone expects this roster to be anywhere close to the olympic one.
There are easily 3 defenceman for the olympic roster there.
There will be 6 defs in the olympic roster. So, 3 Defs is 1/2 of the roster. It's pretty close, I guess:)

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah... that's exactly what scares me the most:D

And I just love girls with big boobs... people are so different...:D

Disagree. Bad positioning, poor decision-making, soft, when need hard-hitting, hard-hitting, when need reliability... Jeez, they could hardly move the puck from their own zone! And all of this against KHL's Finns only!

No, not these two only. For example - the goal, you put on Kiselevich only, was the result of poor decision by Ryasenskiy as well, cause in that situation the 1st thing he had to do was to prevent passing through the goal zone. Instead, he decided to heat the forward, that was useless in that case...

There will be 6 defs in the olympic roster. So, 3 Defs is 1/2 of the roster. It's pretty close, I guess:)

If something scres you you should do some anxiety management excersizes. You obviously just repeating the (worthless and unprofessional) commentary you heard on TV during the game. Those ppl had no idea about what was going on on the ice. You also have no idea about tactics. You just assume "moving the puck out of the zone" is some positive mantra. There are different schemes of play. You don't necessarily try to push the forechking forwards out of the zone. Finnish aggressive game brought them a lot of defensive lapses. If our rookie D-men wouldn't be so kind to the finns it could be a different game.

The goal was basically Kiselevich's fault. Ryasensky was forced to clean up Kiselevivch's mistake and made a bad decision with that. I wonder if SKA is a team where even decent D-men become useless.

There will be 8 D-men on the olympic roster. And we just don't have more NHL defencemen to fill out the spots.

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
If something scres you you should do some anxiety management excersizes.
I'd better do big-boobed girls. It's a nice solution for any troubles:)

You obviously just repeating the (worthless and unprofessional) commentary you heard on TV during the game.
Wow. I don't remember they said this. Really. Btw, are you one of the Gimayev-haters? Cause Nailyich says some weird things sometimes, but usually, his comments are all right. And I think that he is a good professional.

You also have no idea about tactics.
Well ,probably that was very good and kind christian tactics - if someone beats you, let him beats you more, but you are right here -I'm not an expert in such things:)

You just assume "moving the puck out of the zone" is some positive mantra. There are different schemes of play.
Eeeeh... I could be wrong, for sure, but I always thought, that you need to move a puck out of your own zone to win a game... Probably, you know some very progressive tactic ,that allows you to score without moving a puck from the zone... if so, could you, please, share it with us, it must make some revolution in ice-hockey:D

You don't necessarily try to push the forechking forwards out of the zone.
I didn't say a word about pushing the forwards out. I even don't know how do you imagine this - to push smone out - it's hockey, it's not some freking sumo:D

The goal was basically Kiselevich's fault. Ryasensky was forced to clean up Kiselevivch's mistake and made a bad decision with that.
So, both of them made poor decision. That's what I said. And it's the most striking example - there were tons of it in the game, just not all of them led to goal.

There will be 8 D-men on the olympic roster. And we just don't have more NHL defencemen to fill out the spots.
Most of the teams use 6 d-s in game now. 6 is enough. We don't have even this amount.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Typical Finnish refs. Prokhorkin gets boarded - no call. 20 secs later a cleaner hit from Tereschenko - a penalty :facepalm: and a weak make up call 1 min later :facepalm:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Kontiola & Aaltonen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lehterä & Enlund

Lepistö & Irgl fight!

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Nice, brother-minded fight fits this Saturday well. Finland's game has been fun to watch!

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Nice to see Lepistö dropping the gloves

Mertaranta thought that only penalty out of that is 2 mins :facepalm:

Wohoo! 3-2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad