OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Where the tackles are it’s almost smarter to wait and nab Blake Fisher or Rosengarten in the 3rd.

Take Kool-Aid, McConkey or DeJean and BPA at 40.

Roman Wilson is another guy that would be fantastic value in the 3rd if he makes it that far. I think he’s going to be legit.
If we can get Kool Aid and McC with our 2nds ill be thrilled

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
sorry still pissed

took rail thin Forbes which handed the Pats the much higher ranked Gonzales last yearand now took a one year wonder handing the Pats Maye

their fans must love us

Reactions: Neil Racki

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
The pick is made, the QB is in the building. And whoever still wants to complain that it wasn't your guy, take comfort in the fact that most of the NFL -- all of whom know better than us -- like our guy better. As did our new staff, who we've pretty much universally said we trust.

Time for the whining to stop and the winning to begin.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
If we can get Kool Aid and McC with our 2nds ill be thrilled
I would love DeJean, but I don't think the FB gods do us that solid.

But the run on QBs and OTs really has left some good players on the board at CB and WR especially.

As long as CDJ, KAM and McC aren't the first 3 picks of rhe second we'll have an absolute stud at one of those positions of need available.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’m on Team Jayden this morning and back on the hype wagon. Going to forget/ignore the red flags and the fact that he wore the same suit as RGIII — what’s done is done and I’ll be rooting hard for him. I’ve already convinced myself he’s Lamar Jackson 2.0 but better in the playoffs.

The run on OT was a kick in the pants but should leave some really good players available. Five picks today (!) will make the day pretty fun. As of now we have 36 and 40 in R2 and 67, 78, and 100 in R3. Yesterday and today will hopefully set the foundation for a competitive team for years to come, excited to see what Peters and his brain trust can pull off.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Give me a break, i really liked maye too but daniels is still an awesome prospect, its not the same as taking forbes at all. Don’t be so miserable
lets hope your right , what i see him is as a guy who'll run around , make the odd exciting play but for the most part we'll be making excuses how he doesn't have anyone around him to be successful

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
My biggest issue with Daniels isn’t so much rgiii regrets, it’s more of the fact running QBs have yet to win anything of substance. He’s described and talked about as a running QB.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

I know we need a CB and a WR, but drafting for need is always a tough move. If we passed on Jackson Powers-Johnson, we'll regret it in 15 yeah when he's wrapping up a hall of fame career.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I feel like comparing Griffin to Daniels is a ridiculous thing, they're completely different players.

My big issues with Daniels is still he takes sacks at an absurd rate (we just saw how well that goes with Sam), he doesn't utilize the middle of the field, and he's not someone who's shown the ability to pair his running with his throwing.

It is what it is though, he's here.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
My biggest issue with Daniels isn’t so much rgiii regrets, it’s more of the fact running QBs have yet to win anything of substance. He’s described and talked about as a running QB.
He had the highest QBR in college football history and passed for 72%. He's a more polished pocket passer than CW and DM is by a long margin. He threw for over 12,000 yards in college.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
You mean the exact same excuses people made for Maye regressing this year?
nope , it'll be the JD supporters who ignored the stacked team he was on and ignored the weak team Maye was on who'll be making up excuses

drafting players is about projecting how they'll be at the next level and not who had the best most recent season because if was about taking the QB who had the best season JD would have gone 1st overall

i keep seeing the tape on JD and almost all of it was him having 5/6 seconds plus in a clean pocket before he makes he throws usually to a wide open receivers , he'll have no where near that time in the pros so hopefully for us his game translates at this level

anyway this being said it could be much much worse , i could be a Falcons fan wondering how much crack the guys running the draft had to smoke before they selected Penix Jr at 8 , lol

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
depth_chart_1_April_2024[1].jpg

Current depth chart from Hogs Haven (skins website never has an up to date depth chart .. was hoping harris would have fixed that)...

huge needs at LT and CB1 .. WR3

Reactions: usiel and hotpaws

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad