Proposal: Ehlers for Draisaitl

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
That is truly hilarious. There is no chance in hell Draisaitl would be the Jets #1C over Scheifele. Scheifele is light years ahead of Draisaitl.

You are welcome to your opinion. I shared data showing the opposite...that Drai's progression at 23 is miles ahead of Schiefele's at the same age. No-one can say for sure what future trajectory may bring, but to say that Drai is, offensively, not superior to Schiefele in an draft-year by draft year comparison is not supported by data... unless you'd like to bring some to the table.

Edit: and just to add Snowman... that you are jumping in on an amicable conversation with Biturbo19 where we agreed the two players are very similar. I am only making the point that Drai's offense projects to be slightly ahead of Schiefele's... he's also a better playmaker... where Schiefele is more well rounded, so thus you could expect to see Drai take the primary pivot position with Laine as an example... I hope you will read the prior posts and not just spout without context.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoradoCanes

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ehlers likes to play RW, Imagine a line of Kyle Connor McDavid Ehlers.......pure mind blowing speed.

McDavid doesn’t need a burner to play with. He’s a one man zone entry all by himself. He needs positionally sound players with quick shot releases - thats why Maroon did well.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
You are welcome to your opinion. I shared data showing the opposite...that Drai's progression at 23 is miles ahead of Schiefele's at the same age. No-one can say for sure what future trajectory may bring, but to say that Drai is, offensively, not superior to Schiefele in an draft-year by draft year comparison is not supported by data... unless you'd like to bring some to the table.

Edit: and just to add Snowman... that you are jumping in on an amicable conversation with Biturbo19 where we agreed the two players are very similar. I am only making the point that Drai's offense projects to be slightly ahead of Schiefele's... he's also a better playmaker... where Schiefele is more well rounded, so thus you could expect to see Drai take the primary pivot position with Laine as an example... I hope you will read the prior posts and not just spout without context.
It doesn't matter that Draisaitl is better at 23 than Scheifele was. Your post stated that Draisaitl would be the Jets #1C now, not when they were both 23, which is absolutely incorrect. At this point Scheifele is better than Draisaitl at everything.

I'm not trying to create an argument, I'm just correcting bogus information. If it doesn't get corrected, pretty soon it becomes fact on this site.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
It doesn't matter that Draisaitl is better at 23 than Scheifele was. Your post stated that Draisaitl would be the Jets #1C now, not when they were both 23, which is absolutely incorrect. At this point Scheifele is better than Draisaitl at everything.

I'm not trying to create an argument, I'm just correcting bogus information. If it doesn't get corrected, pretty soon it becomes fact on this site.

I said as early as this season and I didn't say "best all around center today" I said playing the role on the top scoring line... due to relative skill sets and fit. Go back and read the first post I made, I'm quite certain you didn't read it before rudely interjecting. You are making a mountain of a molehill. And it's my opinion, not a fact, so I don't know what you are trying to correct.

The facts I did present are... facts and they remain true... that by the stats, Drai has accomplished much more offensively than Schiefele had at the same point in his career. What happens next is anyone's guess but I've made my opinion known. That's all.

And when you come back with the bolded and words like "hilarious" in describing my opinion, yet offer no thought out position of your own... yes, you ARE trying to incite an argument. It doesn't seem like you have much to offer in actual debate, so not sure why I would engage with it further.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm not understanding the logic of "helping lines." The Oilers have the luxury of putting Draisaitl on RW or C that they wouldn't have with Ehlers. So not only are they giving up the better player in the deal, they are actually handcuffing themselves more. It's clearly a no from Edmonton. Ehlers and McDavid together would be something special to watch but obviously not for Draisaitl.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Ehlers’ value is in between Draisaitl and RNH.

There’s no deal to be made because either team doesn’t want to be the one that gives up quality for quantity.

Well, this is true in the same sense that Sam Gagner's value is somewhere between Connor McDavid and David Clarkson's contract.

To be fair, I like Nuge and always have. But Ehlers' value is far higher than his at this point. And I agree with you, I'm a huge Ehlers fan boy, but Draisaitl is worth more at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad