Proposal: Ehlers for Draisaitl

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Nope, we'll keep the guy who can play center and outscored Nik both years they were in the league.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ehlers and I think he'd be great as the rw on the McNuge line but this makes no sense for us. Like at all.

I think the main advantage for Edmonton would be saving $2.5M in cap. I understand why you'd turn it down though.

Reactions: RedBar

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm a big fan of Drai but Ehlers is so fun to watch. I'd have a hard time giving him up, to the point where it would have to be an unreasonable overpayment to do so.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Draisaitl is the more versatile, more productive player...and didn't completely disappear in the playoffs. He'd immediately be the 2nd best Center on the Jets. Why would the Oilers give that up for a Ehlers, other than a little bit of cap savings?

Reactions: Brock Radunske

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Ehlers’ value is in between Draisaitl and RNH.

There’s no deal to be made because either team doesn’t want to be the one that gives up quality for quantity.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Draisaitl is the type of center you go to war with in the playoffs when cute hockey ends. He's big, strong as an ox, already top 10 in the league for face offs, and has high end vision on the ice. The Oilers can't trade him unless whatever is coming back is ridiculous.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Trade that could work out for both teams. Young gun for Young gun to improve lines.
While possibly improving lines you'd also be taking away from existing lines for both teams. Ehlers scores more and costs less but big scoring centers like Drasitaitl don't grow on trees. Both teams say no.

Last edited:

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Draisaitl is the type of center you go to war with in the playoffs when cute hockey ends. He's big, strong as an ox, already top 10 in the league for face offs, and has high end vision on the ice. The Oilers can't trade him unless whatever is coming back is ridiculous.

This. Draisaitl isn't going to be traded unless it's a massive over payment. Being able to play C and either W at very high level is amazing.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I like Ehlers would love him in EDM but WNG would have to add.
What does WNG have to add maybe some young players that they have to waive Petan, what other players would Jets be willing to add.
Don’t the Jets have a cash crunch in the next two years with the players they have to sign

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Only reason to consider for the Oilers would be the 2.5m in cap savings.

Polite no

Sherwood71

Jul 18, 2016
I don't think this would happen from the Oiler's perspective, but if it did, could you imagine the speed on the ice if Ehlers and McDavid were paired together. That would just be insanity for the opposition's D pair.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't think this would happen from the Oiler's perspective, but if it did, could you imagine the speed on the ice if Ehlers and McDavid were paired together. That would just be insanity for the opposition's D pair.

Let’s just not talk about the rest of the lines...

McDavid doesn’t need burners to play with. He plays best with guys that will give him the puck and get out of the way.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Can't see it. Ehlers is a very, very good young player, but not worth Draisaitl.
In fact, I can't think of a single reasonable trade that could entice them to move such a big, strong, skilled and young player.

A 2C/1RW of Draisaitl's skill is nearly untouchable, unless the return is a seriously talented young defender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->