Proposal: Ehlers for Draisaitl

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Agree that the Jets would have to add. Someone suggested Myers, but that might be too much of an add. Someone else suggested Petan, but that's not enough (unless he has a breakout season this year).

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Agree that the Jets would have to add. Someone suggested Myers, but that might be too much of an add. Someone else suggested Petan, but that's not enough (unless he has a breakout season this year).

Niku.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
16 points in 13 games and had best PPG in playoffs. Pretty impressive, sorry he did not get 7 assists in 14 games with no goals like EHLers

Can I ask you do you think Lucic will bounce back ? Then you do not judge Lucic base on 1/2 a season . How can you judge another player base on a very short time period ?

Feb 24, 2017
If you think Ehlers has distinguished himself from Nylander or Nylander has distinguished himself from Ehlers, you are a massive homer/hate the leafs/hate the jets.

Neither one has done anything to be "more valuable" than the other. If anything, given Nylander's potential at playing C, he might even be more valuable.

REGARDLESS. This thread isn't about nylander so disturb some **** on your own board
I feel he is relevant here

Draisaitl is out of reach for either

Instead of asking for out of reach part time centre for ehlers maybe Jets can get in reach possible centre Nylander

I don’t know what you find inflammatory here

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Can I ask you do you think Lucic will bounce back ? Then you do not judge Lucic base on 1/2 a season . How can you judge another player base on a very short time period ?
Who knows, I personally think he will due to the small sample size of horrible on ice shooting percentage.
I judge Drai on how he was in the playoffs and how EHLers was, also the seasons, Drai significantly outproduced, much better in dzone, top faceoff guy and can play multiple positions. Only thing EHL'ers has on him is contract amount but Drai does have an extra year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Neither gets it done. Myers is a UFA and takes away the ‘But you’re saving money’ angle - actually just causes more problems - and Petan... yeah. Maybe worth a third on his own.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If you are saying today, ok... maybe. These guys are pretty close comparably and Drai stacks up very well in a season by season comparison.

Scheifele:
Draft +1: 7GP, 1G, 0A, 0.14ppg
Draft +2: 4GP, 0G, 0A, 0ppg
Draft +3: 63GP, 13G, 21A, 0.54ppg
Draft +4: 82GP, 15G, 34A, 0.60ppg
Draft +5: 71GP, 29G, 32A, 0.86ppg

Draisaitl:
Draft +1: 37GP, 2G, 7A, 0.24ppg
Draft +2: 72GP, 19G, 32A, 0.71ppg
Draft +3: 82GP, 29G, 48A, 0.94ppg
Draft +4: 78GP, 25G, 45A, 0.90ppg

I'm pretty sure it be a 1A/1B sort of scenario, Drai with a slight edge on offense and Scheifele with a slight edge on D.

Yeah. I didn't mean to imply it'd be a huge difference. More just that it'd be a beastly 1-2 punch like you said. So why would the Oilers give that up?

Reactions: bucks_oil

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Wrong. They are about the same, id stick with nylander though, thkse zone enteries are yummy.
Ehlers - those zone entries are yummier....

Ehlers is 2nd in the league in total zone entries
upload_2018-8-15_16-3-26.png

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Yeah but willy is smoother and has better flow. Just stop,willy is better, i was being nice but now jets fsns are gonna jets fan it up in here.

This guy actually had to go get a chart lmao. Nylander ainec..Drai >>>>>>>>ehlers

Thread/

In that same breath you can say Jets > Oilers / Jets > Leafs so who are you to question what works?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Both good players but Drai has outproduced Ehlers up until this point, is significantly larger and has vastly outperformed Ehlers in the playoffs.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Ehlers for RNH+?
Me and every other Oil fan say hell yes, I'd be willing to go Nuge + Bear + 1st (lottery protected) to get Ehlers. The problem is that like Chaotic said, no one wants to be the one giving up the better player for the inferior one +.

But this does kinda make sense:
Nuge + Bear + 3rd for Ehlers

Jets get their 2 way young 2c, a good RD prospect to offset the loss of Myers to UFA and Trouba to a trade or UFA. The third is a throw in but the Jets would probably find a nice player with that pick. For the Oilers, we get younger and get a player that I think would be dominant with Mcdavid. An Ehlers-Mcdavid-Yamo/Pulju line would probably be the best line in the league in a years time, maybe sooner.

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Yeah but willy is smoother and has better flow. Just stop,willy is better, i was being nice but now jets fsns are gonna jets fan it up in here.

This guy actually had to go get a chart lmao. Nylander ainec..Drai >>>>>>>>ehlers

Thread/

Not sure you can be taken seriously . Remember you would take Matthews at 20 million a year over MacKinnon at 6.3 million and while I agree Draisaitl is the better player the 8 > value symbol are a little over board . When putting value on a player cap hit matters , position matter , team needs matter and last where the team is at in a rebuild or are they a contending team . A blanket statement does not always fit in the real world

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Yeah. I didn't mean to imply it'd be a huge difference. More just that it'd be a beastly 1-2 punch like you said. So why would the Oilers give that up?

My guess is Drai would be your go-to #1 offensive C as early as this year... at least insofar as you'd want Laine on his wing... and Scheifele would become your elite #2... simply because Drai is the better playmaker, whereas Scheifele slightly better defensively. But these guys are very similar players.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Jets are so close to the cup, this trade isn't worth it for them just for the sake of chemistry. Winnipeg just needs to tweak, they don't need to change. Maybe pick up a second pairing D-man or a 2nd line centre at the deadline and they will be set

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
My guess is Drai would be your go-to #1 offensive C as early as this year... at least insofar as you'd want Laine on his wing... and Scheifele would become your elite #2... simply because Drai is the better playmaker, whereas Scheifele slightly better defensively. But these guys are very similar players.
That is truly hilarious. There is no chance in hell Draisaitl would be the Jets #1C over Scheifele. Scheifele is light years ahead of Draisaitl.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
a trade for Drai would solve C needs for the Jets for the next several years. Scheifele is 25 and Drai is 23 (at the beginning of the next season). W is arguably the Jets deepest position when it comes to skill, age/youth, and quality in the prospect pool.

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Draisaitl-Laine
Petan-Little-Roslovic
Copp-Lowry-Tanev

and Vesalainen is a very promising LW/RW prospect.

Obviously losing Ehlers hurts, he's the most electrifying player on the Jets. No way does EDM do this deal though they should be building upon their C depth with McDavid-Drai and potentially RNH (who can switch 1W and C).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad