WJC: "Eh oh Canada go"?

jessebelanger

Feb 18, 2009
the new commercial clarifies that it was written by a canadian and voted on by canadians.

looks like pepsi's been reading hfboards :sarcasm:

OneMoreAstronaut

Reduce chainsaw size
May 3, 2003
the new commercial clarifies that it was written by a canadian and voted on by canadians.

They ought to clarify, written by a Canadian and voted on by Canadians but forced down your throat by a billion-dollar American corporation as part of a slimy marketing shill.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007

looks like pepsi's been reading hfboards :sarcasm:

As far as I recall......the commerical has always been that way.

btw....does anyone recall seeing any poll for this "jingle"?

Maybe it was voted on by Canadians but it doesn't say it was the most popular!

Having said that....where's my coke?

Pascal

Sep 19, 2005
Montreal
that campaign is a huge joke. All I heard were the 3 chants they gave us a choice on and it was so freakin obvious "eh oh canada go" would win cuz the other 2 were even WORSE. Thanks for the choices American multi-national Pepsi.

Coke >>>> Pepsi anyway.

But Dale Hooper, vice-president of marketing at PepsiCo, says the cheer is only meant create a "legacy for Canadian hockey." -> LOL

Last edited:

Pascal

Sep 19, 2005
Montreal
also it's hilarious to see Gatorade and Pepsi's logos right next to our hockey one. **** off corporate america.

2385746.bin

At least if these were Canadian companies it'd be more acceptable. It's like US companies putting a little maple leaf on their logos when doing business in Canada hoping we think they're from here and that we'll support them more or think they love our country.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
also it's hilarious to see Gatorade and Pepsi's logos right next to our hockey one. **** off corporate america.

2385746.bin

At least if these were Canadian companies it'd be more acceptable. It's like US companies putting a little maple leaf on their logos when doing business in Canada hoping we think they're from here and that we'll support them more or think they love our country.

Good lord, that shirt is awful.

PZA*

I laugh every time the Pepsi commercial goes on and seeing people cheer that chant.

NJDevils11

Dec 31, 2008
Lincroft, NJ

2385746.bin

It's funny you picked that picture, because that guy is a hired fan. He's worked for a bunch of NBA and NHL teams. Personally I think its stupid and ridiculous, for an organization to hire someone some fake fan, but I guess if it pumps the crowd up they'll do it.:shakehead

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I think what's got everyone so up in arms is that Pepsi is blatantly trying to stamp their brand on something that ought to be organically Canadian.

I could see Coca-Cola starting a "Go Canada Go!" campaign. Not trying to shill the slogan but just acknowledging it as a cheer that already exists.

BTW, has anyone actually heard this chant cheered yet?

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Upon further inspection, I think the cheer is great and totally represents Canada, from the Maritimes to the Pacific, better than any cheer possibly could!

Also, have you guys tried Pepsi Max? It's the first Diet Cola... For Men! It has MORE caffeine and Ginseng AND 0 Carbs, 0 Sugar, 0 Calories. Can't go wrong there!

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Upon further inspection, I think the cheer is great and total represents Canada, from the Maritimes to the Pacific, better than any cheer possib could!

Also, have you guys tried Pepsi Max? It's the first Diet Cola... For Men! It has MORE caffeine and Ginseng AND 0 Carbs, 0 Sugar, 0 Calories. Can't go wrong there!

:eek:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Upon further inspection, I think the cheer is great and totally represents Canada, from the Maritimes to the Pacific, better than any cheer possibly could!

:laugh: What the hell:dunno:..

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Someone needs bring a poster something along the lines of "You can't buy our love Pepsi, it's CA-NA-DA!". Hopefully that'll rile up the crowd against this corporate crap.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Though the cheer sucks, I just came back from the Canada vs USA womens exhibition and these little girls put a twist on it, and it def made me laugh

Eh! Yuck, America Sucks!

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
Is anyone else insulted that the cheer is based on an American stereotype? I mean, I've never heard a Canadian say "eh" in a serious fashion, and especially not as often as the hosers depicted in American media.

As for the chant itself, it's so stupid, that even if we did try to use it, it would die faster than a Go Leafs Go at the ACC

Derick*

Is anyone else insulted that the cheer is based on an American stereotype? I mean, I've never heard a Canadian say "eh" in a serious fashion, and especially not as often as the hosers depicted in American media.

As for the chant itself, it's so stupid, that even if we did try to use it, it would die faster than a Go Leafs Go at the ACC

He's lieing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad