Prospect Info: Eeli Tolvanen

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
We aren't going to be totally screwed if we reverse the Forsberg/Erat trade or something, absolute worst case. If we trade Tolvanen for a rental winger and we don't win anything or re-sign that winger, well, we still have Forsberg, Arvidsson, Fiala, and Smith who aren't exactly chopped liver for top-6 wingers. For the right trade if we are indeed in Cup-mode, I agree that Poile has to be at least considering the option. And the WJC spotlight is better than a mid-West AHL road trip in that respect.

Reactions: maplepred

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This is a massive overreaction but he reminds me of Saros in the sense that he'll dominate at the lesser levels but once the show comes calling it doesn't quite translate. Yet.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
This is a massive overreaction but he reminds me of Saros in the sense that he'll dominate at the lesser levels but once the show comes calling it doesn't quite translate. Yet.

Saros was awesome at the AHL level and really good in the NHL so they're really nothing alike.

Reactions: adsfan

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Which month are we talking? How full is the roster in front of him?
I'm just saying in general since he's come up. He's a good goalie and would certainly start for quite a few teams, but I guess it's up to how somebody is interpreting what really good means. I guess it's not inaccurate to say he's not elite but he's really good. Context I suppose.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I'm just saying in general since he's come up. He's a good goalie and would certainly start for quite a few teams, but I guess it's up to how somebody is interpreting what really good means. I guess it's not inaccurate to say he's not elite but he's really good. Context I suppose.
The fact that he is better than some teams’ starter makes him a huge asset. That puts him in the top 30 at the position in the whole league. I don’t see any team taking Tolvanen and plugging him on their top line, but several would love Saros as their starter.

Tolvanen still has to potential to become another Fiala or Smith. A 20/20 winger that was hyped up as much more talented. People had him on the same level as Pettersson before the season.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The fact that he is better than some teams’ starter makes him a huge asset. That puts him in the top 30 at the position in the whole league. I don’t see any team taking Tolvanen and plugging him on their top line, but several would love Saros as their starter.

Tolvanen still has to potential to become another Fiala or Smith. A 20/20 winger that was hyped up as much more talented. People had him on the same level as Pettersson before the season.
Craig Smith the overhyped former 4th rounder? :huh:

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
A lot of people had him as the Calder favorite his rookie year.

I have to call BS. I don't remember anything of that sort. I remember people (Preds fan not NHL fans) being excited after rookie camp in which he was big and fast and displayed a strong shot but there wasn't hype at that level.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I have to call BS. I don't remember anything of that sort. I remember people (Preds fan not NHL fans) being excited after rookie camp in which he was big and fast and displayed a strong shot but there wasn't hype at that level.
he received 1 single vote for the calder. a 5th place vote at that, so you would be correct. there was no hype to that level before, during, or after.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Mike Milbury on the 1st game of the season predicted him as the Calder favorite on NBCSN.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Milbury isn't exactly known for his hockey IQ. Look at the contracts he offered that are just now coming off the books.
I get that he not the most assute anylist, but honestly how many times does a Predators player get hyped on a National Broadcast for a major award? It was extremely rare at that time and even Forsberg didn’t get National Attention his rookie season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad