Pre-Game Talk: EDSF Game 2 5/17 7:40 PM - Bruins look to tie up series - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
the Bruins are not going to beat Wash especially in a Physical battle

Is that a guarantee even against a 70 yr old goalie??

If so, I may as well cancel my NHL TV subscription tomorrow and put some big money down on the Caps

Reactions: DBL84

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
How about some encouraging Tuukka Rask stats?

Rask after 1 day of rest this season
5-0-0 ; 1.19 GAA ; .952 Sv% ; 1 Shutout

Rask after 1 day of rest in his playoff career
20-17 ; 2.25 GAA ; .926 Sv% ; 4 Shutouts

Rask career in Game Twos
10-5 ; 2.38 GAA ; .924 Sv% (not incl. last year's Hurricanes game)

Rask on Mondays this season
2-1-0 ; 0.99 GAA ; .945 Sv% ; 1 Shutout

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
How about some encouraging Tuukka Rask stats?

Rask after 1 day of rest this season
5-0-0 ; 1.19 GAA ; .952 Sv% ; 1 Shutout

Rask after 1 day of rest in his playoff career
20-17 ; 2.25 GAA ; .926 Sv% ; 4 Shutouts

Rask career in Game Twos
10-5 ; 2.38 GAA ; .924 Sv% (not incl. last year's Hurricanes game)

Rask on Mondays this season
2-1-0 ; 0.99 GAA ; .945 Sv% ; 1 Shutout
Atta boy Tuukka!

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
We are so over matched on the third line. I’m very worried about that
Me too. Don’t even have to look at analytics to see that they looked pretty bad. Our 3rd line in 2019 was a strength and now it appears to be a weakness of ours.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Really tell that to the Blues
The bruins aren’t a physical team. They can’t play like that in the whole series. You pick your spots. They play better with the lead like most teams do. When everybody is cycling and backing up the forecheck. If they beat Washington it will because they outsmarted them not out hit them imo

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
in their series preview on Morning Bru, Billy & Razor felt that they should avoid waking Wilson up by having Frederic antagonize him and I disagreed at the time but even more so after game 1. This team is elite, but they can get caught sleepwalking. Going all the way back to the Lucic days, they play better when they're angry & have a chip on their shoulder. When the games are boring & vanilla that's when they get into trouble. I also don't like that Wilson came out and just played a rock solid hockey game with no funny business. The guy is a total psycho. It doesn't take much to drag him into a gutter war and get his mind off of playing hockey (Ovi too to a lesser extent). I think at a minimum you gotta get Frederic in there and have him start stirring shit up.

Also, it's clear that to get the most out of Marchand in the playoffs you need the games to be chippy. He hits another level when he's mad. The guy has made his whole career out of spite & proving people wrong. The spite & hate is what fuels him to be elite. Playing a good clean hockey game just leaves Marchand to overthink things and play passive. I truly believe this team is capable of winning a gutter war against the Caps. We've seen them dominate them in the regular season in nasty games. I think the Bruins are the better team, but they need to play with spite in their hearts. I say f*** it, stop avoiding this team's real nature. This team isn't as big or mean as the Caps but make no mistake, when they hate the other team they play to bury them, not just physically but mentally. They will want the other team to lose sleep over how bad they lost. They want to hurt the opposing team in their souls, but it has to get nasty first.

So I say stop avoiding the nasty stuff and start inviting it.

Great post. In hockey, especially playoff hockey, evil pays. The last 3 Cups have all been won by big, nasty teams (by modern standards). They all knew how playoff games are officiated and took advantage of the odds in favour of the benefits of playing an aggressive, hard-hitting, tight-checking game outweighing the couple of extra penalties that may be called against as a result. The Bruins need to find their aggro and use it wisely. They have to want to be physical, want to be the agitator setting the tone, right from the first puck drop.

Boston have wasted far too many games this season just drifting around and playing even-tempo hockey and waiting for things to happen. It's ridiculous that 4 months have passed and they still haven't seemed to learn the lesson that most of the time that approach to games just doesn't work. It has to stop, now, or they'll be golfing very soon. I think we'll see a response here, because that's what they've done after just about every poor performance all year. We just have to hope it's enough.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Bruins were credited with 41 hits. Caps with 43.

Lauzon had 8, more than all the Caps D combined.

The way the league counts hits makes the stats almost meaningless. There are hits and there are HITS. Boston needs more of the latter, the ones that hurt, make opponents take notice and/or make a significant impact on the course of a particular play.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Florida is giving a taste of Tampa's own medicine.
Of course Tampa is doing their usual cheap crap but the Panthers are winning 4-3.
I watched some of the game also
Really fast pace and physical

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Yup. Let's demote Tuukka to the taxi squad and call up Callum Booth to back up Swayman.... makes sense... jeez some people
People are just frustrated.

Its a tale as old as time when it comes to the Bruins. The top 2 lines dont show up and Tuukka gives up either a softy or untimely goal, or in this case both for Tuukka

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Agreed but for tomorrow I would move Coyle back to center and Jake back up with Ritchie. Kuraly experiment has ended.

I thought the Kuraly at 3C experiment ended about 10 games into this season. Really ready for the entire Kurlay experience to be over

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The way the league counts hits makes the stats almost meaningless. There are hits and there are HITS. Boston needs more of the latter, the ones that hurt, make opponents take notice and/or make a significant impact on the course of a particular play.

Big hits are not that easy to throw. Balance, skating, timing. Bruins don't have many guys capable. And if the hit isn't right the player (and team) could be hurt by the play.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
People are just frustrated.

Its a tale as old as time when it comes to the Bruins. The top 2 lines don't show up and Tuukka gives up either a softy or untimely goal, or in this case both for Tuukka
This is not frustration. This is irrational hatred that ranges from blaming Tuukka for everything to wishing injury on him so the new toy can play.

People move the goalpost to make their point of view look correct. It is absolutely bizarre.

You can absolutely call him out when he plays like garbage but people then take it to another level which is what the OP was alluding to and is what aggravates people like me.

To a portion of this fan base, Tuukka sucks even when he wins.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
This is not frustration. This is irrational hatred that ranges from blaming Tuukka for everything to wishing injury on him so the new toy can play.

People move the goalpost to make their point of view look correct. It is absolutely bizarre.

You can absolutely call him out when he plays like garbage but people then take it to another level which is what the OP was alluding to and is what aggravates people like me.

To a portion of this fan base, Tuukka sucks even when he wins.
There are extremes for both ends of the people for and against Tuukka. You're right about the people who dont think he can ever do anything right, but we cannot pretend like there arent also people that act like he cant do anything wrong and nothing has ever been his fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad