Pre-Game Talk: EDSF Game 2 5/17 7:40 PM - Bruins look to tie up series - NESN, NBCSN, CBC, SN4K, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Healthy team didn’t last long. This is my worry, it seems we have a defense core prone to injuries and in Miller’s case injury management. That does not bode well against the likes of this team.

Not sure what to expect at this point. Need to see more trench work where Bs win the board battles. Start there, and the game should get better when they are physically engaged

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The power play has been so effective with Gryz , he is miles from a Krug and he spends how much time on the PK. You calling him the second best D-man on the team does not make it so. That is like me calling him the least valuable player on the team when you consider his contract. Which needs to be considered when you protect

Why are you bring Krug into the conversation? Who gives a rat's ass about Krug.

Reactions: Orr2Neely8

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Oh good lord people are already calling to put Connor “10 points in 94 games with below average D” Clifton in the lineup

I'd prefer to see Brandon (4 points in 27 games +1) Carlo step it up a few notches and make a difference out there, but if he's still hampered by his concussion and is leery of getting hit then may as well put Connor (7 points in 44 games +10) Clifton in the lineup

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Because come playoff time they are both no shows. Lauzon was the only one roughing up Ovenchicken and Oshie.

So Lauzon plays one playoff game, one that he was a turnstile in gets into the Bruins hall of fame because he pushed back on Ovie ? Weeeeeeee

Friar85

Dec 16, 2013
So Lauzon plays one playoff game, one that he was a turnstile in gets into the Bruins hall of fame because he pushed back on Ovie ? Weeeeeeee
Lauzon and Miller were awful yesterday. Their inability to gap directly led to the third goal. Lauzon doesn't skate well enough to succeed in the matchups that the Caps were feeding him. I know he hates chasing matchups, but Bruce has to shield that third pair. They weren't the biggest issue last night, a bunch of forwards not doing their jobs were, but you can't let your third pair sink you.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN and TCB

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Looking through the threads about the game and this thread it’s crazy. Lauzon now needs to be protected because he played physical but sucked in almost every other facet of the game. Ritchie is a god because a double deflection off him and a Washington defender hit his upper body and went in, but he also sucked the entire rest of the game.

Reactions: TCB

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Why are you bring Krug into the conversation? Who gives a rat's ass about Krug.

Simply using Krug in Comparison to Gryz since you are telling me what a great power play quarterback Gryz is. Personally I would prefer Reillly over Gryz on the power play

Reactions: Gordoff

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Looking through the threads about the game and this thread it’s crazy. Lauzon now needs to be protected because he played physical but sucked in almost every other facet of the game. Ritchie is a god because a double deflection off him and a Washington defender hit his upper body and went in, but he also sucked the entire rest of the game.
In all the expansion draft projections Lauzon is picked by Seattle
Would they take 27 year old 5’8” Gryz earning 3.7 million per year through 2024, yes they most likely take him
You know what you have in Gryz but not sure you have seen the best of 24 year old Lauzon

Reactions: Gordoff

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Lauzon and Miller were awful yesterday. Their inability to gap directly led to the third goal. Lauzon doesn't skate well enough to succeed in the matchups that the Caps were feeding him. I know he hates chasing matchups, but Bruce has to shield that third pair. They weren't the biggest issue last night, a bunch of forwards not doing their jobs were, but you can't let your third pair sink you.

Not sure how you blame Miller and Lauzon for the Caps third goal??

The DK line looked gassed and didn't back check good enough, but regardless #40 should've made the save

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Watching Florida and Tampa game, hope some of the Bruins are watching so they can see the intensity required to win in the playoffs . If you have zero hits at game end you have not played hard enough . Especially for a D-man

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The Bruins play so much better when they are physically engaged, that was a sad effort in that respect last night. They played the Caps hard this season and beat them soundly when they brought their physical game. That is what they need to do from puck drop.

Come on boys, I believe in you, so take it to those dirty head hunters. The old days of losing to them is over....no Holtby in their heads. If Anderson is in, shoot shoot shoot.....he played three regular games this season and is basically at the end of his career.
RIGHT! Before the series started I didn't want Washington, thought that we'd be abused but I've come around on the fact that the Bruins can match them and even have them outmatched. All the Bruins need to do is get their heads in the here and now and win it one period at a time, one game at a time. Cassidy needs to stop their over-thinking and getting them to compartmentalize each game, a play at a time, a period at a time. NO thinking ahead or back. Be present and in the moment.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Scoring goals wins, not HiTtInG and PhYsIcAlItY

both.jpg

In all seriousness, if you don't think its important, especially in the playoffs... idk what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad