Podcast (Audio) Edmonton Sports Radio - Part 7

The best Edmonton sports radio show/podcast?

• Total voters

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Such sad news.
John Short was a legend in Edmonton radio.
In the 80's I was a faithfull listener to his program.
The man was an absolute gem.
God bless Mr Short.

If he were still around he would absolutely correct that and tell me that Mr Short was his Dad.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
He was 65, what a tough day for Edmonton Sports media guys.

Rip Robin. Seemed like a decent guy, just listened to an interview with him recently. 65 isn’t young but also, it’s not ancient, that’s my parents age.

Hope his family can carry on strong in his honor

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Sad day for Edmonton radio. Gotta say though, Brownlee is the only account on Twitter that has me blocked. I corrected him in a non aggressive way once and he DMed me calling me a putz and blocked me for it. Haven't listened to him since but can respect his contributions to thr Edmonton sports scene.
Haha “putz” that’s classic brownlee.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Sad day for Edmonton radio. Gotta say though, Brownlee is the only account on Twitter that has me blocked. I corrected him in a non aggressive way once and he DMed me calling me a putz and blocked me for it. Haven't listened to him since but can respect his contributions to thr Edmonton sports scene.
lol he had me blocked too, because I gave him grief for agreeing too much with Gregor, RIP.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Jesus, the guy was supposed to join Gregor today too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he sick years ago? Or was it that he got healthy because he was having a son.

RIP Robin.

You know that you have to change "pill" to putz now, right?

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Same. He would block everyone that didn't share his opinion. Not that I had any ill-will towards him, as I NEVER want anyone to pass away suddenly, but he was one that kinda rubbed off the wrong way at times. In any case, RIP.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Used to listen to John short religiously after oiler games and during weeknights in the 8o's. Had my little transistor radio under my pillow as a kid. Even built up courage during kids hour to call and ask a question Rumor was that gretzky used baby powder on his hockey stick lol I asked John what brand did he use lol
He had tolerance for even my dumb questions. Like he said, " everyone has a democratic right to be wrong"

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions
Exact same thing happened to me.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Im shocked and saddened about Brownlee. I really liked him. Love him or hate him, he had style and was right more often than not. Im not part of the Twitterati so maybe I still like him because he never had a chance to block me.

As a man, he wrote many times how happy he was to be a father and how proud he was of his son Sam. I’m thinking of him right now as that’s a terrible loss for a young man. It’s sad. I’ll miss his “dulcet tones.” Godspeed Reuben Brontë.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad