Podcast (Audio) Edmonton Sports Radio - Part 7

The best Edmonton sports radio show/podcast?

• Total voters

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Would kill for a Canadian version of this.

Considered cancelling cable, but the price of SN + TSN (that from what I hear doesn't work great) + PGA Live is getting near the ballpark of the price of my cable package anyways. I also don't have to deal with occasional buffering issues or it being slightly behind live, which is a problem when people text you about goals that haven't been scored yet.

I got cable and cancelled my SN and TSN subscriptions two years ago because...

a) at the time SN stopped working properly and couldn't even load a stream without buffering or crashing.

b) it was annoying that TSN didn't have an app on Roku, Prime, ect so i always had to connect my laptop to my tv watch TSN content.

c) the cost of both subscriptions was 45$/month or something like that when a basic cable package was 55$/month with all sportsnet and TSN channels.

With cable you get access to the streaming stuff for free so you can watch the game even if you aren't at home and with cable when I turn on my tv everything works properly and i don't have to run around connecting devices.

I don't think there's a big advantage to cutting cable anymore.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I got cable and cancelled my SN and TSN subscriptions two years ago because...

a) at the time SN stopped working properly and couldn't even load a stream without buffering or crashing.

b) it was annoying that TSN didn't have an app on Roku, Prime, ect so i always had to connect my laptop to my tv watch TSN content.

c) the cost of both subscriptions was 45$/month or something like that when a basic cable package was 55$/month with all sportsnet and TSN channels.

With cable you get access to the streaming stuff for free so you can watch the game even if you aren't at home and with cable when I turn on my tv everything works properly and i don't have to run around connecting devices.

I don't think there's a big advantage to cutting cable anymore.

Before moving in with me my girlfriend didn't have cable, so I had to log into these streaming services through my cable subscription while I was there. Sportsnet worked ok for me, but TSN was completely unusable. Buffer fest.

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad