GDT: Edmonton Oilers at the Washington Capitals 11/24/23 3:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
PP has collectively collapsed. Ovie, Carlson & Kuzy are all very bad at it currently, and they are really missing the Backy-vision to break down an aggressive PK pressure.

Kuzy is just suck, but especially Carlson makes himself completely irrelevant when he rejects to use his skillset (shot, vision and patience) and its frustfrating.

Since the PP guys clearly reject to adjust themselves, what they need if they want to make changes is to break up the personnel on the PP drastically. And Ovie doesnt earn to be 2 minutes in everytime, show accountabality. If its not working for 120 games in a row, you dont reward them by just giving it to them time after time after time..

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The Ekholm-Oshie bump? That looked bad but wasnt a penalty. Oshie just kind of skated himself straight into it, Ekholm did nothing but embrace the contact.

If anything id say Caps have even gained by the refs today.
That's a stretch but agree on the Oshie injury. Just awful luck.

Mantha and Kuzy are both so terrible.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
OV on that last PP had long stretches where he did not f***ing move at all. I get that’s been going on for awhile, but he seems to have achieved peak immobility.

They can either recover against the Sharks, get some feel-good from the power play - or this kind of stinker could snowball a bit

Reactions: Capitals40

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
The Ekholm-Oshie bump? That looked bad but wasnt a penalty. Oshie just kind of skated himself straight into it, Ekholm did nothing but embrace the contact.

If anything id say Caps have even gained by the refs today.
Can’t change direction and absolutely blast someone skating in a straight line that doesn’t have the puck.

Gained? How dumb are you?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
One obvious correction he needs to make, whether in bumper spot on PP or just now at center point, is to one-time the shot. There isn’t time for two touches
It’s a very hard shot to make. The decline of Oshie may have destroyed our power play.

We need a new strategy and set up.

Reactions: troyerlaw

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1700865675181.gif

My game puck goes to Dylan Strome. Because someone has to get it!

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Well, that sucked. But also can't win 'em all. Between having won 5 in a row and 9 of 11, the matinee, the Oilers shitty play of late, and the impending road trip, this was almost inevitable. Just bounce back well and chalk it up to a clunker.

I also blame @Ridley Simon. The reverse jinx is no more. ;)

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
He didn't change direction, Oshie did. Ekholm has as much right to that ice as Oshie did.

You can be mad Oshie got hurt, but that doesn't suddenly make it a dirty play.
What reality are you trying to live in? Show me where I said it was dirty and where Oshie wasn’t skating in a straight line. 🤣🤡

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I think Ovechkin can mostly just stand still in a bumper area.

Big one-timers aren't really a thing in modern NHL power plays and making that option A is really hurting the Capitals. I've been mostly ok with Carbery so far but the lack of a different PP setup is concerning.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Can’t change direction and absolutely blast someone skating in a straight line that doesn’t have the puck.

Gained? How dumb are you?

My wife thinks pretty dumb. She might be right.

However we got couple soft calls for and got away with one or two, which is pretty understandable in a 0-5 blowout. Most of our penalties were kind of obvious though.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Go and watch the play for the first time. 🤣
You mean the play I saw live and then posted a video of again here?

Me thinks you need to rewatch the play without the homer glasses off.

I think Ovechkin can mostly just stand still in a bumper area.

Big one-timers aren't really a thing in modern NHL power plays and making that option A is really hurting the Capitals. I've been mostly ok with Carbery so far but the lack of a different PP setup is concerning.
I would be willing to bet their isn't a single person in this world that Ted would allow to take Ovi out of his office on the power play, let alone a first year HC in Carbery.

I think it's just like he said. The guys have a lot of bad habits ingrained, maybe some can't be worked out, but it's something they have to work through. Based on literally every other way this team plays, I cannot imagine this is how he envisions his power play functioning. Hell, it looks completely different even from the pre-season setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad