GDT: Edmonton Oilers at the Washington Capitals 11/24/23 3:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Didn't look up the Caps' successful PK record re. # of games or kills in a row. Allowing 3 this game (so far) - regardless of the opponent - is probably more than they've given up in a month or more.

Close this one out and move on.

I think I'd rather be on the road around a holiday - regardless of which nationalities are on my team - so the distractions of family etc are not as numerous and burdensome. Even if it's that way for only a few of the players.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This isn't even a coaching thing. They can't maintain possession or make a pass on the PP. They're just awful, and having Ovi not move or do anything just makes it a 4v4.
Not just that but the majority of pucks are cleared on his side.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Years past I always thought when Carlson would take his shot more up top for a few games = things and movement and the one timer to Ovie starts working again

Reactions: um

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I actually think Carlson is the biggest problem on the PP. He doesn't seem capable of QBing a PP anymore.
I don’t know about that. He does a good job at the point keeping control and shooting a bit more. OV doesn’t keep the puck in. Milano has lost puck every time he carries the zone.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Like seriously, Ovi has become such a detriment to the power play. They literally cannot play off the left side. Everything has to be played on the right wing, and because Ovi doesn't move or do much it's basically a 4v4 between the opposing teams best defensive forwards and 4 skill guys in a super small area.

I don't see how you make that successful if Ovi refuses to move.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I don’t know about that. He does a good job at the point keeping control and shooting a bit more. OV doesn’t keep the puck in. Milano has lost puck every time he carries the zone.
He barely gets the shot on net though. Seems like 90% of them just hammer the glass. The only thing he's bringing is some nice zone keeps.

Reactions: DWGie26

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
With no Backstrom and Oshie and with Kuznetsov playing like that, the team passes the puck really poorly.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Pinnacle of NHL reffing: Giving a team 4 min of PP when they should have received 5 minute major against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad