Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread | reg season starts... 6-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
You are.............???

You should be comparing Esks prices to Oil Kings rather than the Oilers.

Oilers prices would be compared against NFL prices if you wanted to do a comparison

You are right!

Actually, the CFL games this season (so far) has been all close and exciting to watch.

Last edited:

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
That's not...........???

Wow, someone compared the Esks to the Oil Kings. No respect for the CFL.

That's not fair and YOU are taking everything out of context..........we were comparing Eskimos ticket prices to Oilers prices and someone mentioned the Oil Kings.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Does anybody know where Chris Schultz is? I haven't seen him on the panel for a while and his chair is empty. I can't find anything online about him either.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
This is funny. Maybe this will set up a revolutionary way of playing offense in the CFL. Get rid of FG attempts altogether.

It shouldn't be that hard to find an open receiver with no motion restrictions anyways.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah, I'm surprised people aren't commenting more in this thread this season.

What this team is doing with these injuries is nothing short of miraculous.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I dunno about revolutionary, I team has been getting outkicked all year real real bad and passed its way out of trouble

Just a perfect storm I think.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Oh be quiet TSN.

Lamenting BC's injuries when Edmonton has an entire team on IR.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Oh be quiet TSN.

Lamenting BC's injuries when Edmonton has an entire team on IR.

A few games they've been doing this now.

Esks are devastated by injuries to key players yet they won't stop talking about the guys missing for the other team.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
So I missed the full review, but man that one play looked close as hell to a lateral live, was it actually or did they screw up?

Also, TBH, i think that the Lions should have been awarded that one PI after the one awarded to the Esks on the scoring play... or they shouldn't have awarded us one.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kicker Odell Willis

I'm surprised he didn't get injured on the play considering how our season has gone so far.

So I missed the full review, but man that one play looked close as hell to a lateral live, was it actually or did they screw up?

Also, TBH, i think that the Lions should have been awarded that one PI after the one awarded to the Esks on the scoring play... or they shouldn't have awarded us one.

We deserve some good karma in other places, because it certainly isn't going towards staying healthy.

The irony is that this game would have been a LOT closer if Whyte was actually healthy. Take two TDs off the board and make them FGs instead and it's a lot closer in the end.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Never in my life do I recall a rash of injuries like this before it's even August. Maas and the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for having new personnel prepared to step in time and again.

Did Whyte's injury look bad? I was at the game and didn't notice he was out until King and Odell were doing kickoffs. Was trying to figure out what compelled them to go for it on 3rd and 14.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
All you fans are getting spoiled.............compare an Oiler game ticket to an Eskimos game.............the last Oilers game (I attended) for medium seats in the upper deck cost what.............$99 versus $30 for an Esk football game?

And people are complaining?

Ticket prices are determined by supply and demand. The Oilers can get away with sky high ticket prices because that's what the public is willing to pay at this time. Until the building stops selling out, they'll continue to increase them.

The Eskimos pricing structure is such that they'll draw around 30,000 which is barely more than 50% of capacity. Huge supply, little demand at the current price point. Multiple people in this thread alone have stated they would go to more games if prices were lower.

It makes sense. Why pay $50 for a ticket at the top of the upper deck when there will be many rows of empty seats up there? Shouldn't the team just accept what you are actually willing to pay (say, $20 and whatever you will spend on food and beer), as opposed to getting $0 across the board? Right now, the Eskimos seem content with that $0, which can't possibly be a good business move. Younger people that are able to go to games because it's affordable eventually become season ticket holders when they're older. I'm an example of this. I could never have afforded $50 for a ticket as a teenager. But I could afford $10-15 and went to many games. Now I am older and have more money, so I have season tickets. Is the generation behind me going to have the same experience? Given how few under-30 fans I see at the game, it appears not.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Never in my life do I recall a rash of injuries like this before it's even August. Maas and the coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for having new personnel prepared to step in time and again.

Did Whyte's injury look bad? I was at the game and didn't notice he was out until King and Odell were doing kickoffs. Was trying to figure out what compelled them to go for it on 3rd and 14.

Apparently Whyte suffered a hip flexor last night. Can take anywhere from 1-8 weeks to heal.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
There are all..................?

Ticket prices are determined by supply and demand. The Oilers can get away with sky high ticket prices because that's what the public is willing to pay at this time. Until the building stops selling out, they'll continue to increase them.

The Eskimos pricing structure is such that they'll draw around 30,000 which is barely more than 50% of capacity. Huge supply, little demand at the current price point. Multiple people in this thread alone have stated they would go to more games if prices were lower.

It makes sense. Why pay $50 for a ticket at the top of the upper deck when there will be many rows of empty seats up there? Shouldn't the team just accept what you are actually willing to pay (say, $20 and whatever you will spend on food and beer), as opposed to getting $0 across the board? Right now, the Eskimos seem content with that $0, which can't possibly be a good business move. Younger people that are able to go to games because it's affordable eventually become season ticket holders when they're older. I'm an example of this. I could never have afforded $50 for a ticket as a teenager. But I could afford $10-15 and went to many games. Now I am older and have more money, so I have season tickets. Is the generation behind me going to have the same experience? Given how few under-30 fans I see at the game, it appears not.

There are all kinds of reasons by the Oilers are more popular than the Eskimos.
Yours is one of them..........but it is not just pricing.............a few off the top of my head...........a summer sport versus winter sport...........more things to do in the summer time.........less things to do in winter.

The CFL is considered a minor league compared to the NFL..........is another reason why people don't go to games.

The NHL.....we are competing with the New York, Toronto, LA, Chicago......all the bigger cities.

The gambling aspect.........I have friends who love to bet NHL, NFL but would not touch any CFL games.

The grass roots of each game.......most of us has played minor hockey in our school years......not many of us has played football (size, too violent).

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Whyte was sitting with Rottier chatting off to the side of the bench last night - the walking wounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad