Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Last edited by a moderator:

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
my last post from the other thread.

I went over to riderfans.
there is a guy the Rider_Stronson that seems to be a legit insider, with the info he often has.
he said
"Multiple sources: Hervey's impossible to get along with in a long term situation. I think Len Rhoades had enough to be honest. "
Believe me, there's a ton to this. But I think the Esks will minimize it to "irreconcilable personal professional differences."

If this was a long time coming, makes me wonder why they didn't fight to keep Jones and let Hervey go.
must be some serious back stabbing and clashing of egos in the management team.

just bizarre

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
haven't tried linking a tweet but...

Arash Madani‏Verified account @ArashMadani · 23m23 minutes ago

As per CFL sources: Eskimos have quietly been identifying potential GM candidates as far back as January. Wheels long in motion to axe Hervey.

From Lawless;
Ed Hervey @EdmontonEsks was in last yr of contract. Board wanted more control, accountability. Hervey had success but worked on island #cfl

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
my last post from the other thread.

I went over to riderfans.
there is a guy the Rider_Stronson that seems to be a legit insider, with the info he often has.
he said
"Multiple sources: Hervey's impossible to get along with in a long term situation. I think Len Rhoades had enough to be honest. "
Believe me, there's a ton to this. But I think the Esks will minimize it to "irreconcilable personal professional differences."

If this was a long time coming, makes me wonder why they didn't fight to keep Jones and let Hervey go.
must be some serious back stabbing and clashing of egos in the management team.

just bizarre

I didnt realize all this nonsense was going on but when they released Jones I was pissed and thought that Hervey should have been the one to go.

Not a fan of Len Rhodes either. This organization is becoming a total embarrassment.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
haven't tried linking a tweet but...

Arash Madani‏Verified account @ArashMadani · 23m23 minutes ago

As per CFL sources: Eskimos have quietly been identifying potential GM candidates as far back as January. Wheels long in motion to axe Hervey.

From Lawless;
Ed Hervey @EdmontonEsks was in last yr of contract. Board wanted more control, accountability. Hervey had success but worked on island #cfl

The board, the ******** who know nothing about football are all fat cat business execs and all loved the likes of Maciocoa, Tillman and Lelacheur.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I didnt realize all this nonsense was going on but when they released Jones I was pissed and thought that Hervey should have been the one to go.

Not a fan of Len Rhodes either. This organization is becoming a total embarrassment.

They're just supplanting the Oilers.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Lets hope not. Fortunately they have a long ways to go before they match the Oiler level of incompetence.

Well they're not far behind. 10+ years of not even coming close to being competitive in a 9 team league.... Thank God for that one Grey Cup win.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well they're not far behind. 10+ years of not even coming close to being competitive in a 9 team league.... Thank God for that one Grey Cup win.

Not even close to a valid comparison yet IMO.
The Oilers were an embarrassment at every level for 10 years.

The timing of this firing is extremely suspect though. Training camp is only about a month away.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They fired him because of media/fan access. Jesus.

**** Rhodes. What a joke.

I missed that part of the Presser....Rhodes actually used that as the reason for firing Hervey? 1 month away from Training Camp and thats the reason?

drewshoo

Feb 26, 2014
Lethbridge
I missed that part of the Presser....Rhodes actually used that as the reason for firing Hervey?

Yes, although he stated that product on the field was #1 priority, the team has to grow. Also they couldn't come to an agreement in regards to a contract.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Attendance/interest is down because these guys are charging $42 for nose bleeds. That's not the GM's fault. Get a better marketing department.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yes, although he stated that product on the field was #1 priority, the team has to grow. Also they couldn't come to an agreement in regards to a contract.

Contract I can understand but why was there contract discussion 1 month before training camp? As for the "product on the field has to grow"...I have no idea what that even means.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
This would've been nice news in any other hockey season than this one. At least it would've deflected from our ****** hockey club.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I adjusted it for you, this is what I always seem to circle back to.

I understand that fan/media access is important, but that's a smoke screen for whatever real reason Rhodes has.

This is becoming more obvious with every passing minute he talks.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
You could also look at it from the perspective that allowing access to the room and marketing your players better was the sticking point in negotiations for Ed?

Basically, Ed would not budge on that and other things like the mic on the coach, etc.

Doesn't seem like something that he couldn't work around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad