Elks: Edmonton Eskimos Thread | Offseason | Esks Fire Ed Hervey

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Shamawd did next to nothing in Sask. Really thought this guy would be a great Canadian receiver by now.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Maybe third time's the charm. Or as Rock Guy would, I'm sure, agree, he can always be cut in camp.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
It's Official:

Also some reports of Riders tampering with Hamilton on their Neg List with Manziel. Like Jones needs more negative attention lolol.

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
The Riders illegally worked out Manziel. He is on Hamilton's negotiation list. Jones, once again, proving what a ****** he is.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
The Riders illegally worked out Manziel. He is on Hamilton's negotiation list. Jones, once again, proving what a ****** he is.

allegedly.
I wouldn't get too excited until it's actually proven true.
I have my doubts about that accusation.

as for Chambers, I hope it's an incentive laden contract. heck, I'd give him an extra 5K each game against the riders he gets more than 100 yards receiving.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I can't imagine a game between the Seahawks and Packers would be played in any other city than their own. Broncos vs Packers would do well here.

All three teams hold huge home field advantages with big sell out crowds. Not sure why any of these three would want to hold an international game. These games are usually reserved for teams that struggle to draw at home aren't they? Can't imagine what ticket prices would cost. That was part of the reason the Bills games in Toronto failed and why I'd guess they'd be out of the running for this. It would be a big coup to get two of these three in a game here though, most of those international games are with dud teams.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Im all for Johnny Football in the CFL. Would be great for the league and if he takes it seriously I think he could be a real good QB.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Shows how far Jones reputation has fallen in the league when a story like this pops up without a shred of evidence to support it and few have no problem believing it. If it does turn out to be true then the CFL should just ban this guy. He's proven he has no regard for rules already, over and over again.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Shows how far Jones reputation has fallen in the league when a story like this pops up without a shred of evidence to support it and few have no problem believing it. If it does turn out to be true then the CFL should just ban this guy. He's proven he has no regard for rules already, over and over again.

people don't care. look at when he was in Edmonton. all people wanted to do was win, and didn't care how it happened.
same thing in sask. they don't care how many rules he breaks or how much it costs in fines, if it gets them the cup.

good sportsmanship as your guide mostly died years ago.

I'm sure most teams do the same things jones does, but since he's seems like a jerk, and is more open about what he does, he gets more heat.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't even know if Johnny would come to the CFL. He still get's appearance money for some reason to sit there and either drink or sign autographs. Why would he risk breaking his drinking hand by playing in the CFL for what is probably less money?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
people don't care. look at when he was in Edmonton. all people wanted to do was win, and didn't care how it happened.
same thing in sask. they don't care how many rules he breaks or how much it costs in fines, if it gets them the cup.

good sportsmanship as your guide mostly died years ago.

I'm sure most teams do the same things jones does, but since he's seems like a jerk, and is more open about what he does, he gets more heat.

Doesn't help his case when you have a guy that was a god in Sask coming out and throwing some pretty good punches about not wanting to play for a guy like him anyway.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Maybe third time's the charm. Or as Rock Guy would, I'm sure, agree, he can always be cut in camp.

Not sure how many chances you give a guy. But he's really accomplished very little since the time he was drafted other than his 4 catches in the big game.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
So, we're days away from free agency, and John Ojo is still unsigned. But we've managed to lock up Marcus Young for 3 years.:laugh:

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I get that Chambers has done little so far in his career. He could be a late bloomer. I hope we get the good Chambers who was the Canadian Grey Cup MVP and not the bad Chambers. That Grey Cup game showed what he's capable of. Whether he can deliver on that, I don't know.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
I'm worried that it's free-agency day tomorrow and Ojo isn't signed. We can't afford to lose him and not replace him with another guy of similar calibre. Maybe with two guys as we have holes in the backfield.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I'm worried that it's free-agency day tomorrow and Ojo isn't signed. We can't afford to lose him and not replace him with another guy of similar calibre. Maybe with two guys as we have holes in the backfield.

he knows jones is going to backup the brinks truck for him.
he's just waiting for the big pile of loot to come his way. he won't sign with edm.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
It's weird. You hear a million tweets about the Redblacks, Argos, Als, Ti-Cats, Roughriders, Stamps, Blue Bombers, and Lions but not one peep out of Edmonton. Either Hervey is secretly planning a hostile takeover of the free agency or he's twiddling his thumbs content with what he has right now. Kind of scary TBH. You'd think you would at LEAST hear he's putting offers in for Ojo or another player to resign but nothing.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
It's weird. You hear a million tweets about the Redblacks, Argos, Als, Ti-Cats, Roughriders, Stamps, Blue Bombers, and Lions but not one peep out of Edmonton. Either Hervey is secretly planning a hostile takeover of the free agency or he's twiddling his thumbs content with what he has right now. Kind of scary TBH. You'd think you would at LEAST hear he's putting offers in for Ojo or another player to resign but nothing.

I poppe donto riderfans and they're quoting tweets that say the esks have asked players to take paycuts because of cap concerns.
maybe there just isn't any money to sign anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad