MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
409f399bea3bf7372ced833f6ccbde99.jpg

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I don't have a problem with the lack of free agent signings. I think Hervey is more concerned with scouting south of the border and finding guys who would be a good fit for the CFL, I have confidence that they can do it as he's been relatively successful in adding big contributors this way in the past.

My problem with this approach is that I don't think our coaching staff is competent enough to take these raw materials and coach them into a well oiled, cohesive machine. Maas inherited a championship team last year and yes there we're some significant losses to the secondary but it was still a large part of a Championship team, I would of liked to see continual improvement throughout the year and they we're up and down.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I don't have a problem with the lack of free agent signings. I think Hervey is more concerned with scouting south of the border and finding guys who would be a good fit for the CFL, I have confidence that they can do it as he's been relatively successful in adding big contributors this way in the past.
Meh, I wasn't super impressed by Hervey's free agency strategy last season. We saved cape space and waited on guys like Jefferson and Grymes to become available following NFL cuts and then consequently ended up playing undermanned on the defensive end all season long.

We currently don't have a legit starter at either cornerback position and I'm going to be really disappointed if we don't sign a guy when there were a number of solid starters available (ie. AJ Jefferson).

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Hervey really wanted Ryan Phillips but was outbid. Our secondary worries me despite what Ed is saying publically.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Philip Hunt's resigning should be announced soon. Our defence looks good as long as we don't allow opposing QBs to throw the ball.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Any word on Grymes' status down south?

If he gets cut is he a FA?

He's a CFL free agent and is in he plans with the Eagles. The Esks think they'd be able to sign him if he doesn't make it down south. He'd be huge for us but he's not expected.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'll have a lot less patience now with any of the guys "returning to the fold" after jumping ship and racing off with Jones. I would hope when we play the Riders, they all want to stuff it to him.

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
Surprised that Bell has not signed anywhere. Any chance the Esks can re-sign him? I really liked the one-two punch we had in the backfield last year

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The agent representing former NFL quarterback Vince Young says he's talking to the Saskatchewan Roughriders about his client playing in the CFL.
"#VinceYoung We have opened discussions with Saskatchewan Roughriders of @CFL for @VinceYoung10 @Longhorn_FB @LonghornNetwork," agent Leigh Steinberg tweeted.

Seems a bit late, but the guy probably has no money so he'll take whatever he can potentially get.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Surprised that Bell has not signed anywhere. Any chance the Esks can re-sign him? I really liked the one-two punch we had in the backfield last year

I'm going to guess there's little chance of him coming back here, as it looks like they've tried to fill that hole with Lawrence.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Don't expect Shakir Bell to return. Part of me (the evil part) is hoping he signs with Saskatchewan because someone slammed me on Facebook for saying that and I've saved the post for possible retribution later. C'mon, Jones, make it happen.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I have a bad feeling about this upcoming season. Unless Hervey pulls a few miracles out of US scouting it's going to be ugly. Calgary is still Calgary, BC is better, Winnipeg is better, Riders are going to be better. Pretty much every team is going to be better outside of Toronto and maybe Montreal.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I have a bad feeling about this upcoming season. Unless Hervey pulls a few miracles out of US scouting it's going to be ugly. Calgary is still Calgary, BC is better, Winnipeg is better, Riders are going to be better. Pretty much every team is going to be better outside of Toronto and maybe Montreal.

Toronto should be better with both Popp and Trestman coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad