Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If the CFL season goes ahead somehow someway, the Argos have to be favoured. The one team in the league that is used to playing in a near empty stadium.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

Probably Toronto and BC.

If the four Prairie teams could put together a six-game home and home season and have the first and second place teams play for the Grey Cup, I'd still watch. No reason you couldn't have asses in the seats either, the plague never really hit these cities to begin with. Wishful thinking, I know.

But without asses in the seats, there's just no way the league plays this year, unless the players and owners just decided to divy up the TV money equitably and everyone played for a share of it. Players probably wouldn't risk their bodies for reduced paychecks though.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Probably Toronto and BC.

If the four Prairie teams could put together a six-game home and home season and have the first and second place teams play for the Grey Cup, I'd still watch. No reason you couldn't have asses in the seats either, the plague never really hit these cities to begin with. Wishful thinking, I know.

But without asses in the seats, there's just no way the league plays this year, unless the players and owners just decided to divy up the TV money equitably and everyone played for a share of it. Players probably wouldn't risk their bodies for reduced paychecks though.
Especially in a league that survives off gate revenue.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Probably Toronto and BC.

I agree but sadly I think what you have described here may be the future seasons (beyond) 2020 as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Cuthbert is a huge loss for TSN. He can do hockey and CFL equally well. Surprised they didn't try keep him and just give up someone that is hockey only. Be interesting to see if Sportsnet can get anymore of the talent.

The real problem I see is Sportsnet was making huge cuts not that long ago, so who knows exactly how much money they have to spend.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

I doubt it means more Rod Black as the way CFL is scheduled the most a commentator can do per week is typically two games which Black was already doing for the most part.

Likely means more Dustin Nielson with some sprinklings of Gord Miller and maybe somebody new on weekends that feature a triple header. I wouldn't be surpristed they tried giving a couple games to one of the female TSN hosts.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Play in a domed Stadium only makes sense if the season is extended in to the cold months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad