Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Gonna just put this out there:

Esks will be a better team with Harris + the rest of the signings today than with Reilly + Walker + Sherritt.
I don't know that Sherritt was exactly that great last year. Think he was a good leader and voice, but his on field hasn't exactly been that great

Reactions: Cloned

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Join us Harris like your teammates.
upload_2019-2-12_11-56-14.png

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
he was never the head coach in Ottawa

No but he was the OC for them. I'm willing to give him one more year if we give him the players he's familiar with in Ottawa. If he can't do anything with them, then turf him. He has been a positive in terms of wins over losses, so I'm willing to give him a chance.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
No but he was the OC for them. I'm willing to give him one more year if we give him the players he's familiar with in Ottawa. If he can't do anything with them, then turf him. He has been a positive in terms of wins over losses, so I'm willing to give him a chance.
I think this is part of the issue. He was OC for one year.

He's almost in the same boat as Oiler prospects, rushed to quickly.

Reactions: guymez

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They signed Unamba too.

Damn, that cap space with Williams, Grymes, Walker and Reilly gone allowed us to sign these players.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Agreed, but its a mistake for Reilly imo.

He leaves a legacy here, and his best days and games and results quite clearly here. Somebody like Tom Wilkinson always understood that and made this his community. Maybe those are different times but Reilly won't find he has much following in BC. He's also a declining star and maybe he thinks he can rise to dominance three and make another legacy but I think Edmonton will always be his shining moment. In life, and this is just philosophical, you shouldn't be in any hurry to leave those, they don't always come around again.
It's another Ricky Ray moment. He will likely win a GC in BC and then fade near the end of the contract, as age and physical punishment catch up to him. Rhodent announced his departure a few years too late, unfortunately.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
credit where credit is due Sunderland did VERY well today

have a legit starting QB, for cheaper than what Reilly is making
Ellingson makes losing Walker hurt less and has chemistry with Harris
upgraded the OL and LB position

very very well done

Reactions: EagerPug

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Wally isn’t there anymore. Hard to judge them on anything that’s happened in the past.

You've followed the league a longtime. BC has NEVER been a stable player environment. Doesn't matter that they have Hervey presently, he's mercurial too and we don't know HIS shelf life in BC. He's probably in show me territory already with that org. Wally was the only person that org has been loyal to in recent memory.

I don't mind Vancouver, but as a pro athlete I wouldn't want to be there. Its one of the most fickle towns. Fans there, bandwagon all, will turn on you on a dime.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Cloned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad