Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
meh, I don't hate it. I could live with Harris and Ellingson. MUCH better than the thought of having Jennings here. Good on the org to realize they had to go hard for a QB what with losing Reilly. That nothing less would suffice. It was either Harris or BLM, and why would BLM leave Calgary?

Reilly contract, at his age was a real concern. I'll even agree with that.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
No but he was the OC for them. I'm willing to give him one more year if we give him the players he's familiar with in Ottawa. If he can't do anything with them, then turf him. He has been a positive in terms of wins over losses, so I'm willing to give him a chance.
Maas' 2nd half adjustments were appalling last year...and is far too hot-headed to show leadership on the sideline

and for an offensive guru, his plays weren't working and got exposed by average teams last year

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Grymes is a shell of his former self. This has a decent chance of blowing up in Hervey’s face.

Grymes is imminently replaceable.

As much as people loved Sherritt and Grymes we need more strength in there. These guys were dependable tackling but subject to giving up yards. A D that relied on those guys too much was bending and breaking. We need a monster linebacker that strikes some fear in opponents.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Signed a whole new set of linebackers today and on paper it's hands down the best in the league. Santos-Knox/Dean/Unamba is legit. They might need to find a few cheap rookies who can step into starting roles in the secondary.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Two new teams entered the league today.

Please welcome the BC Eskimos and the Edmonton Redblacks.

The way the Esks were trending and with the RedBlacks appearing in multiple cups I'll take the trade at this point. ;)

I'm a bit more optimistic. But Sunderland has a lot of work to do. But today he's doing well. Even as a huge Reilly fan the Harris Contract is likely better and easier to build a team around.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Grymes is imminently replaceable.

As much as people loved Sherritt and Grymes we need more strength in there. These guys were dependable tackling but subject to giving up yards. A D that relied on those guys too much was bending and breaking. We need a monster linebacker that strikes some fear in opponents.

We got some good ones today.

Unamba was also an all star last year at corner.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Signed a whole new set of linebackers today and on paper it's hands down the best in the league. Santos-Knox/Dean/Unamba is legit. They might need to find a few cheap rookies who can step into starting roles in the secondary.
For sure, losing Grimes that secondary is looking pretty thin. But I am more than pleased with the results of today.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
You've followed the league a longtime. BC has NEVER been a stable player environment. Doesn't matter that they have Hervey presently, he's mercurial too and we don't know HIS shelf life in BC. He's probably in show me territory already with that org. Wally was the only person that org has been loyal to in recent memory.

I don't mind Vancouver, but as a pro athlete I wouldn't want to be there. Its one of the most fickle towns. Fans there, bandwagon all, will turn on you on a dime.
Wally Buono has been their culture for over twenty years. Anything that happened before that is irrelevant anyway. You can’t compare any CFL team now to how they operated twenty years ago. Everything has changed so much. It’s impossible to know what they’ll be without him. All we know is what we know about Hervey.
We know he’s loyal to Reilly and as long as he’s healthy and playing well, why would that change? If he isn’t, then it won’t matter where he’s playing. He’d be fighting for his job anywhere in that scenario.

Reactions: joestevens29

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Was feeling pretty good after Rhodes step down/got punted. After today's moves seems like maybe the Esks have salvaged my interest for now.

Agreed. He did an outstanding job. Filled a bunch of areas we thought we'd have lost from Walker, Reilly, and Grymes and brought in the same or better versions of them. I'm excited again for the Eskimos upcoming season once more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad