Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v2

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I'd probably go just to see what the game is like. I suspect they would pack the stadium, even for a pre season game provided the prices are reasonable.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd probably go just to see what the game is like. I suspect they would pack the stadium, even for a pre season game provided the prices are reasonable.
If there is a chance to see Antonio Brown play live, even for 5 minutes I'm there in a heartbeat.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The price point is the key. I don’t see why they’d go out of market for a game though without gouging, even if it is just a preseason game. They’re selling a novelty to a new market. Prices were so insane in Toronto for Bills games that people stayed away. Probably be the same for something like this.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I have been to NFL games live. I learned from that experience that the NFL experience is largely a TV experience.
Expert production and broadcasting really makes that game what it is.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I have been to NFL games live. I learned from that experience that the NFL experience is largely a TV experience.
Expert production and broadcasting really makes that game what it is.
I agree with this, I’ve been to a NFL game mostly to say I went to one.

But being that I’m not really a fan of any team but just love watching great football I enjoy the tv and broadcast route more.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

But being that I’m not really a fan of any team but just love watching great football I enjoy the tv and broadcast route more.
The nice thing about being at home is there is a lot of games on. Being a fantasy football manager it's nice to flip around and watch multiple games.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

You make a good point...when you are a fan of one of the teams you are more emotionally invested and it changes the experience. That said because i was a football fan and not a fan of any of the teams I was watching it did allow me to be more objective in evaluating the experience.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Considering that most of the CFL imports are players that couldn’t quite make an NFL team, I suspect the level of play would be about what the CFL is right now. The only difference would be the rules and the jerseys.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Attention all disgruntled Oiler fans-- come join the Eskimo thread for brilliant insights, stirring debate and nostalgic journeys!!

Unlike the NHL, if you don't like your CFL team's roster then just wait until March free agency and voila, a brand new set of players. No more frustration over long term, guaranteed, locked in player salaries for guys who can't play anymore.

Imagine a CFL structured NHL where you could cut Lucic, Brodziak, Kosko, Sekera, Manning etc. with the stroke of a pen. Now how much would you pay?

Yes indeed, this thread could be your shot at sports satisfaction.

See you in May for the new season! Reserve your thread spot early due to system constraints on the high volume of posts and resultant data flow that are often experienced here.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Attention all disgruntled Oiler fans-- come join the Eskimo thread for brilliant insights, stirring debate and nostalgic journeys!!

Unlike the NHL, if you don't like your CFL team's roster then just wait until March free agency and voila, a brand new set of players. No more frustration over long term, guaranteed, locked in player salaries for guys who can't play anymore.

Imagine a CFL structured NHL where you could cut Lucic, Brodziak, Kosko, Sekera, Manning etc. with the stroke of a pen. Now how much would you pay?

See you in May for the new season! Reserve your thread spot early due to system constraints on the high volume of posts and resultant data flow that are often experienced here.
Would this make the Oilers better or worse? Would guys want to sign here as easily as the Eskimos were able to sign top guys this year?

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005

Love the post and it's totally true! Its been a hard sell lately trying to convince non-CFL fans that Eskimos games are worth watching/going to. But the Esks are looking good (on paper) so far in spite of the head coach. It will definitely be a different year I feel at least.

But if the ultimate nightmare were to happen and the Flames win the Stanley Cup the same year that the Stamps won, I will quit sports altogether. I'm out. I'm just going to buy a cabin deep in the woods and whittle wood.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Love the post and it's totally true! Its been a hard sell lately trying to convince non-CFL fans that Eskimos games are worth watching/going to. But the Esks are looking good (on paper) so far in spite of the head coach. It will definitely be a different year I feel at least.

But if the ultimate nightmare were to happen and the Flames win the Stanley Cup the same year that the Stamps won, I will quit sports altogether. I'm out. I'm just going to buy a cabin deep in the woods and whittle wood.

Don’t forget to carry water.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
CFL owners holding millions in off-season bonuses due to players | 3DownNation

This is a very significant story and after reading the article I have to agree with Brian Ramsay and the players.

If the players are owed the money then pay them rather than creating this type of animosity. Fair is fair.

The CFL is already experiencing difficulties in getting guys to go North and this won't help matters.

I love the job that Randy has done but I have to disagree with him in this instance.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
CFL owners holding millions in off-season bonuses due to players | 3DownNation

This is a very significant story and after reading the article I have to agree with Brian Ramsay and the players.

If the players are owed the money then pay them rather than creating this type of animosity. Fair is fair.

The CFL is already experiencing difficulties in getting guys to go North and this won't help matters.

I love the job that Randy has done but I have to disagree with him in this instance.
I hope their mindset isn't "where else they going to go now"

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I hope their mindset isn't "where else they going to go now"

I also found it interesting in researching this story ---- the players say the league pays only 22% of the revenue to its players. Does anybody know if this is accurate because if it is then I have to question this as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I also found it interesting in researching this story ---- the players say the league pays only 22% of the revenue to its players. Does anybody know if this is accurate because if it is then I have to question this as well.
I'd question whether the teams are actually providing solid numbers and what type of auditing access the PA has.

I know for Edmonton we are pretty straight forward due to being a community ran club, but who knows about the other clubs with private ownership.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad