Elks: Edmonton Eskimos 2019 v2

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
There's speculation the Eskimos might hire Kavis Reed as the new CEO if the Montreal Als get sold.

Reed between the lines: Could Kavis be coming back to Edmonton Eskimos?

Don't know if I'd like that. I mean, he makes some good points that he lives here and knows what Edmonton fans want out of the team and see game to game. But the matter of the fact is, he better stay away from Football Operations and leave that for Sunderland.

This is like saying you "don't know if you'd like" the Oilers re-hiring MacT as GM.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So the Eskimos potentially go from Len Rhodes to Kavis Reed.
As if hiring Len Rhodes wasnt evidence enough just the fact that this is being floated out there has to really bring into question the credibility of the BoD.

Reactions: TB12 and Cloned

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
As if hiring Len Rhodes wasnt evidence enough just the fact that this is being floated out there has to really bring into question the credibility of the BoD.
Thankfully the article just seems like speculation due to the situation in Montreal.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012

Amen- if they are even contemplating the idea then it reads as another chapter in the book of ineptitude.

Reed is just the worst--period.

Reactions: I am the Liquor

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Thankfully the article just seems like speculation due to the situation in Montreal.

True enough but it sure does seem like something this team would actually consider.

Amen- if they are even contemplating the idea then it reads as another chapter in the book of ineptitude.

Reed is just the worst--period.

For sure.

I mean maybe the best solution is to give the position (dual role) to Sunderland. As green as he is I would feel a lot better about him calling the shots then I would be with someone like Kavis Reed.

Last edited:

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
There's speculation the Eskimos might hire Kavis Reed as the new CEO if the Montreal Als get sold.

Don't know if I'd like that. I mean, he makes some good points that he lives here and knows what Edmonton fans want out of the team and see game to game. But the matter of the fact is, he better stay away from Football Operations and leave that for Sunderland.

Truly a head-scratcher but I'm not too surprised. The Oilers for better or worse has desensitized me to bizarre Edmonton sports management.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
True enough but it sure does seem like something this team would actually consider.

For sure.

I mean maybe the best solution is to give the position (dual role) to Sunderland. As green as he is I would feel a lot better about him calling the shots then I would be with someone like Kavis Reed.

Agreed, give it to Brock since the post of President is largely ceremonial anyway.

Why not just have a GM/President and a marketing manager? That's all Rhodes ever was anyway. A running shoe salesman who knew nothing about football.

Any other responsibilities that Rhodes had (I have no idea what they were in tangible terms) could be farmed out to the BOD.

Reactions: guymez

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Agreed, give it to Brock since the post of President is largely ceremonial anyway.

Why not just have a GM/President and a marketing manager? That's all Rhodes ever was anyway. A running shoe salesman who knew nothing about football.

Any other responsibilities that Rhodes had (I have no idea what they were in tangible terms) could be farmed out to the BOD.

Completely agree. The Marketing role and Combined Football Ops role should be separate positions.
Perhaps thats what will actually happen.

Here's hoping. :D

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I see that Justin Sorenson has taken a job in commercial real estate but does that mean he is now retired from the EE? Was there a retirement announcement?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I see that Justin Sorenson has taken a job in commercial real estate but does that mean he is now retired from the EE? Was there a retirement announcement?
Didn't hear anything, but most guys in the CFL tend to take off seasons jobs due to the salaries they get.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It's obvious now that Rhodes was filling in time to get some name recognition, so that he could get a nomination to run for a political position. Hopefully he goes with his old mantra that "winning isn't everything" when polling day comes.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
It's obvious now that Rhodes was filling in time to get some name recognition, so that he could get a nomination to run for a political position. Hopefully he goes with his old mantra that "winning isn't everything" when polling day comes.

I assume he chose a riding to run in that had the lowest amount of Eskimos season ticket holders living in it...

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

This is a guy that failed at every level he was employed in yet keeps getting promoted. Gotta love this league. Never understood how he got the Als GM job in the first place and then he was a disaster there too. The qualities Majonge says he possesses might make him a good PR guy or would help in community relations but I can’t get past how awful he was in the jobs he’s had. How could you feel comfortable making him CEO and having him in charge of everything?

Reactions: MikeYEG and TB12

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
This is a guy that failed at every level he was employed in yet keeps getting promoted. Gotta love this league. Never understood how he got the Als GM job in the first place and then he was a disaster there too. The qualities Majonge says he possesses might make him a good PR guy or would help in community relations but I can’t get past how awful he was in the jobs he’s had. How could you feel comfortable making him CEO and having him in charge of everything?

He got the Als job because nobody else wanted any part of it. They got turned down by Danny Maciocia ffs.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
If the rumours about the new CFLPA reducing the number of Canadian starters from 7 down to 5 are true then it will be good news for the EE because lets face it, we have had a tough time coming up with 7.

Just look at that safety position and ask how many real starters we have had there in the last decade?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm thinking this is just Majonge throwing something out there and if he's wrong oh well, if he's right he'll pat himself on the back and let us all know he was right

Reactions: bone

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
I'm thinking this is just Majonge throwing something out there and if he's wrong oh well, if he's right he'll pat himself on the back and let us all know he was right

Somebody on another forum was asking if Moddejonge was being serious. Maybe, maybe not. What Moddejonge was being was a lousy columnist as opposed to his regular role as a fair-to-mediocre beat reporter. It's not the first time that I've strongly disagreed with one of his opinions. The latest one re. Kavis Reed is particularly idiotic. I think it has zero chance of actually happening.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Somebody on another forum was asking if Moddejonge was being serious. Maybe, maybe not. What Moddejonge was being was a lousy columnist as opposed to his regular role as a fair-to-mediocre beat reporter. It's not the first time that I've strongly disagreed with one of his opinions. The latest one re. Kavis Reed is particularly idiotic. I think it has zero chance of actually happening.

Let's hope you are right because if you aren't then it will be yet another blow to the club's credibility. At some point, in any business, the customer(s) stop arguing with you and simply walk away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad