• Qadr Spooner
  • Anthony Parker
  • D.J. Calhoun
  • Logan Kilgore
  • Andrew Marshall

Reactions: Canada Drai

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I think the sleeper in the bunch might be Ricky Collins Jr.

I am interested in seeing what he can do.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That is truly an amazing amount of turnover.
I cant ever recall a season where the roster didnt even remotely resemble the roster form the previous season.
If nothing else this is going to be a very interesting year.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Don't know how the esks can even compete without Reilly. Maybe they'll get the crossover though.

Umm, sure. Esks right now with the offseaosn moves they did are in the top 3 in the West still. The team I'd be most concerned about is BC because the cut a lot of their good talent to try to build the Esks of old. Edwards on defence...LOL.

Reactions: Canada Drai

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I should shut up I'm just a casual fan

It's ok, and I know Reilly is a tough loss, but where we may have got a tiny bit weaker in the QB department, we improved SIGNIFICANTLY everywhere else. Sunderland made some shrewd signings and re-built the Esks on the fly. On paper, we should be up there with the Stamps and Lions.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Don't know how the esks can even compete without Reilly. Maybe they'll get the crossover though.

They didn't get the crossover with him. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, as much as Reilly puts up good stats, his second-half play in 2017 and 2018 really dragged the team down IMO. I was ready to move on from him midway through 2017, to be totally honest.

Reactions: MoontoScott

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That is truly an amazing amount of turnover.
I cant ever recall a season where the roster didnt even remotely resemble the roster form the previous season.
If nothing else this is going to be a very interesting year.
I have a feeling it's going to become more commonplace going forward. Maybe not this much every year, but still way more than ever before.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
They didn't get the crossover with him. :sarcasm:

Seriously though, as much as Reilly puts up good stats, his second-half play in 2017 and 2018 really dragged the team down IMO. I was ready to move on from him midway through 2017, to be totally honest.

Agreed, he couldn't move the ball in the 2nd half and at 700K+ it was time to move on.

Reactions: The Batman

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Even if he had stayed 700k is a ridiculous amount for a player his age and the style of game he plays. We wouldn't have been able to keep/sign as many good players. Reilly leaving is almost a blessing in disguise with all these newly acquired all-stars. We have a much more balanced roster now.

I am stoked about the Eskimos. Haven't been able to say that in a while.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have a feeling it's going to become more commonplace going forward. Maybe not this much every year, but still way more than ever before.

Could very well be.

I am intrigued by this roster though. Very curious to see how they do.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Interesting article.

So the most accurate word to describe Harris might be 'Vanilla'. :nod:

Hey, I'll gladly take vanilla over the Jekyll and Hyde offense we had last year. Vanilla might not be pretty, but at least it's consistent.

Reactions: guymez

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I will take more consistency as well any day! I do hope he can stay healthy though and can avoid a lot of the punishment Reilly took. Some aren't in agreement but it would be nice to get our backups more involved too in plays beyond being the holder on kicks.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
There's speculation the Eskimos might hire Kavis Reed as the new CEO if the Montreal Als get sold.

Reed between the lines: Could Kavis be coming back to Edmonton Eskimos?

Don't know if I'd like that. I mean, he makes some good points that he lives here and knows what Edmonton fans want out of the team and see game to game. But the matter of the fact is, he better stay away from Football Operations and leave that for Sunderland.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There's speculation the Eskimos might hire Kavis Reed as the new CEO if the Montreal Als get sold.

Don't know if I'd like that. I mean, he makes some good points that he lives here and knows what Edmonton fans want out of the team and see game to game. But the matter of the fact is, he better stay away from Football Operations and leave that for Sunderland.
Seems like a very bad move. What good as he ever done? He's the guy that gave away how much for Manziel?

He's also a guy we wanted gone, so if he knows what fans want it's not him

Valhallis

Aug 2, 2005

giphy.gif

Reactions: Del Preston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->