Elks: Edmonton Eskimo Thread: 2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Hunter looks like he is seeking redemption, nice interception on the last play.

We were very fortunate to be down only 14-2 by 2nd Quarter but I will take happily take the 17 points. We need to be this intense for every play in the 2nd half.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Nice second quarter from the team. I’m curious to see what the third quarter brings. Maas’ teams have struggled coming out after halftime.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
If you’re an official you look at the tapes and don’t give that diver the benefit of the doubt ever again.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I have to give credit to Maas, he adjusted after the 1st quarter and used Gable very effectively in this game.
Having said that not sure why he is playing Reilly with 2 min left in the game.

Oct 15, 2008
Got to give them credit, they really turned things around. Great receivers, great QB, offensive line gave good protection, dbackfield is still a tire fire.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Mulumba and Stafford have been the 2 most pleasant surprises of the young season.

My thanks to Sunderland for signing Gable and also my thanks to Ed Hervey for signing Marcell Young.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I have to give credit to Maas, he adjusted after the 1st quarter and used Gable very effectively in this game.
Having said that not sure why he is playing Reilly with 2 min left in the game.

Even with a generally great performance from the mid 2nd quarter on, Maas still has to insert one more brainless sequence there at the end. Calling a QB draw with Reilly still in the game in garbage time? Are you freaking kidding me?

Overall, a decent performance, but far from great all things considered. We probably lose that game to anyone besides BC, Montreal, or Toronto. Too many drives killed early by the bizarre insistence on throwing up bombs on second and short situations. Fortunately Jennings is lousy and never took advantage. Some bad reffing helped our cause tonight too. (Would be nice to get those home town calls against Calgary for once)

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Even with a generally great performance from the mid 2nd quarter on, Maas still has to insert one more brainless sequence there at the end. Calling a QB draw with Reilly still in the game in garbage time? Are you freaking kidding me?

Overall, a decent performance, but far from great. We probably lose that game to anyone besides BC, Montreal, or Toronto. Too many drives killed early by the bizarre insistence on throwing up bombs on second and short situations. Fortunately Jennings is lousy and never took advantage. Some bad reffing helped our cause tonight too. (Would be nice to get those home town calls against Calgary for once)

I totally hear you.
I mentioned that I didnt understand why Reilly was still in the game with 2 minutes left. It was rant worthy but I figured that I already had my fair share of rants today. :D

The Esks did their best to give that game away for the first 20 minutes or so and as you mentioned they were very lucky it was BC or the team would be winless at home so far.

That said it was really nice to see the team generate some offensive momentum and then see the defence follow suit. They have a solid weapon in Gable and it opens so much other offensive opportunity. I enjoyed watching that unfold.
All in all though this looks like a .500 team to me so far.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Are you representative of 'their group'? Apparently you are. Please do enlighten me on what makes Eskimo such an offensive term that its use should be banned.

Or maybe you are just doing the 'in thing' now a days...virtue signalling.

I posted my opinions on this in detail but the post was removed. I suspect because it was too political. Its hard to dance the line between discussing a word and venturing into politics because politics is the reason why this is an issue. This has nothing to do with 'feelings' and 'doing the right thing'.

All I'm saying is that if it is offensive to a group of people, that matters.

Not a bunch of sports fans being sensitive or offended over the fact that their team may have to make a name change.

It's interesting that you accuse people of being too sensitive or offended by everything and then post stuff like this post and the one previous. I'd take a good look in a mirror when charging people with being too sensitive or offended by everything.

Being considerate is actually not a horrible thing.

On a side note if you truly want to know why it's offensive then a google search could aid you with that answer but I suspect you don't truly care to take that 5 minutes to find out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drivesaitl

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
Ugly first quarter and a half by the offence and STs but the D kept us in it until the offence got it together. Our young defence should only get better as the season moves along. Lots of potential in this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad