Waived: [EDM] Neal on Waivers (clears)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I wouldn't want James Neal either. One of the most uninspiring lazy years from a Calgary Flame since Kotalik. Brouwer would be up there as well.

Lucic had his 2nd goal taken away in this game against the Canucks but he has been excellent on the third line. It's as soon as he starts thinking he's still a top 6 player and starts making cute passes that he becomes a liability. I still believe neither player plays out their contract with their current team but I'm happy with what's transpired since the trade.

Especially the cheeky 3rd

Last edited:
Reactions: DFF

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
Not a surprise. Guys washed up.

Another poor trade from Edmonton trying to acquire a project player and failing miserably.

They gave up a 3rd round pick and the more effective player for Neal lol

Since when is a perennial 20 goal scorer for a boat anchor that takes Pejorative Slured penalties considered a poor trade?

And the 3rd should have never been dealt as the terms of the deal were never met but alas treliving who happens to be an executive board member cried to bettman like a manchild and had the deal pro rated after the fact.

Reactions: Sam Cogliano

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Since when is a perennial 20 goal scorer for a boat anchor that takes Pejorative Slured penalties considered a poor trade?

And the 3rd should have never been dealt as the terms of the deal were never met but alas treliving who happens to be an executive board member cried to bettman like a manchild and had the deal pro rated after the fact.

thanks for paying part of Lucic salary. As bad as he is, he is contributing some times. Neal was a negative contributor. Enjoy him

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
He was waived - it’s not a demotion. They’re different things.

Because he cleared, the Oilers now have some flexibility when it comes to the taxi squad. This was all explained in this thread.
I swear half the people on this board don’t understand how waivers and the taxi squad works.

Neal on the taxi squad is still costing the Oil $4.675m against the cap

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
thanks for paying part of Lucic salary. As bad as he is, he is contributing some times. Neal was a negative contributor. Enjoy him

Negative for calgary because peters is a moron that utilized the player improperly. Funny how that immediately changed once he's traded to Edmonton and continues his regular scoring pace.

Lucic on the other hand literally has negative value. Won't step up vs teams he's previously played on due to prioritizing his personal relationships over winning, no one will fight him, his point totals have fallen off a cliff, the guy can't make a pass to save his life as it's basically an intentional breakaway for the opposing team when he does which makes him a liability on the ice and the fact he has to be protected in the draft with his buyout proof contract is just the cherry on top.

I don’t know what’s the worse contract, lucic’s or matheson’s…

Last edited:

CF84

I want to go home, O I want to go home!
Feb 21, 2017
The real cowtown, AB
Negative for calgary because peters is a moron that utilized the player improperly. Funny how that immediately changed once he's traded to Edmonton and continues his regular scoring pace.

Lucic on the other hand literally has negative value. Won't step up vs teams he's previously played on due to prioritizing his personal relationships over winning, no one will fight him, his point totals have fallen off a cliff and the guy can't make a pass to save his life as it's basically an intentional breakaway for the opposing team when he does which makes him a liability on the ice.

Wait, could you show me a comparison of their point totals for this year? I would be very interested to see how Neal is playing for the Oilers.

Lucic had a rough first few games this year, but he has been playing very well for the Flames since then. Players look over their shoulders and make more mistakes when Lucic is on the ice. I'm glad he's a Flame...I just wish his cap hit was a bit less (thanks for helping with that though)

Whenever I watch the Oilers, Neal looks just as useful as when he played for the Calgary. Last year he had a blazing hot start on the power play, but he really seems to have done nothing since then.

Reactions: DFF

Bond

May 10, 2012

I mean, I am not pretending Lucic's contract is great or anything but Oilers are retaining on it and Neal's contract is still garbage. Biggest mistake was Treliving signing Neal in the first place.

Updated Neal/Lucic points leaderboard since the trade:
Neal w/ #Oilers — 37 points (23 G, 14 A)
Lucic w/ #Flames — 33 points (13 G, 20 A)

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I mean, I am not pretending Lucic's contract is great or anything but Oilers are retaining on it and Neal's contract is still garbage. Biggest mistake was Treliving signing Neal in the first place.

Updated Neal/Lucic points leaderboard since the trade:
Neal w/ #Oilers — 37 points (23 G, 14 A)
Lucic w/ #Flames — 33 points (13 G, 20 A)

At Even Strength

Neal: 8g/16pts
Lucic: 7g/19pts

Neal only has 16ESP and is a -22. he hasnt been good in the least

Reactions: Mazatt

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Lucic on the other hand literally has negative value. Won't step up vs teams he's previously played on due to prioritizing his personal relationships over winning, no one will fight him, his point totals have fallen off a cliff and the guy can't make a pass to save his life as it's basically an intentional breakaway for the opposing team when he does which makes him a liability on the ice.

it’s news to the oilers that Neal is a positive contributor at this time lol

lucic’s contract is bad but the oilers is helping so...
They are actually paying more to have Neal

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
Wait, could you show me a comparison of their point totals for this year? I would be very interested to see how Neal is playing for the Oilers.

Lucic had a rough first few games this year, but he has been playing very well for the Flames since then. Players look over their shoulders and make more mistakes when Lucic is on the ice. I'm glad he's a Flame...I just wish his cap hit was a bit less (thanks for helping with that though)

Whenever I watch the Oilers, Neal looks just as useful as when he played for the Calgary. Last year he had a blazing hot start on the power play, but he really seems to have done nothing since then.

Neal missed all of training camp and several games due to scam protocols. Look at the point totals since the two swapped teams. It's always been a terrible trade for the shames. No one fears lucic under the current NHL because all they have to do is turn down the fight and skate away. Even less if it's a former club of his.

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
it’s news to the oilers that Neal is a positive contributor at this time lol

lucic’s contract is bad but the oilers is helping so...
They are actually paying more to have Neal

As one would expect a 20 goal scorer vs useless at everything to be.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
As one would expect a 20 goal scorer vs useless at everything to be.

Hey look, who was waived and driving a cab...lol

hint: it’s not lucic, just in case you are too delusional to figure it out

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
Hey look, who was waived and driving a cab...lol

You clearly haven't been following the NHL for very long if you don't know what a paper transaction is especially on a guy that's bebind the eight ball for reasons already mentioned.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You clearly haven't been following the NHL for very long if you don't know what a paper transaction is especially on a guy that's bebind the eight ball for reasons already mentioned.
It’s not just paper transaction when they actually sat the turd...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Neal got 19 gals last year.

I'd still make that trade today. Lucic was shit for the Oilers.
And Neal was shit for the flames

I would brag about that 19 goals too much. It helped the flames more than the oilers. Flames got a pick because of it and the oilers still missed the playoffs

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Due to peters incompetence of buring him in the bottom six.
I agreed peters was incompetent but only an idiot use Neal in the top 6 now. He is horrible. You should be glad the oilers is smart enough to sit him

The Turtle

Feb 6, 2021
I agreed peters was incompetent but only an idiot use Neal in the top 6 now. He is horrible. You should be glad the oilers is smart enough to sit him

Actually no. Neal on McDavid's line contributed to the Oilers making the post season last year and he provided far more then crybaby Puljujarvi has thus far this year. Once tippet broke up the proven line combinations for the play-in round for god knows why, the team looked like complete dog shit and got bounced by chicago.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I thought Neal looked good on the 3rd when he played with Kassian. Theres room on the team for Neal to be a contributor. He gets bought out this offseason which is why he traded for him, his contract is easier to get out off than Lucic's. Thats about it. the fact he scored 19 goals year is all gravy and any points he gets this year is extra gravy as far as im concerned. He was buy out fodder with the really bad contract chia gave Lucic.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019

This is spoken like someone who hasn't seen Lucic play since Edmonton. Shockingly, players can have resurgances following a change of scenery and Lucic is doing just that as a complimentary scoring piece for Calgary.

So his passes are reportedly bad, you know, a clean breakaway for either team. I'm sure in the playoffs he must be a terrible passer too...

Ok, that's a one off. I have to admit he does cause some odd-man rushes with his passes...

And he surely can't make smart plays with the puck in the zone to set up a goal

But he isn't a goal scorer at the very least? Right???

Lucic 2-1
Lucic scores goal

Fans need to accept that Lucic might not live up to his contract but he is a bonafide NHL player with Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad