Proposal: EDM-MTL (Warning: RNH)

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Do Danault instead of Bryon, and I think they should do it. Chia loves size and McCarron will be a fine bottom 6 center, and they could hope that they can package their own first with MTL's and get a top player like Tkachuk (who'd fit them really well).

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
If the Habs acquired RNH, the pick would be bottom 15.
Definitely not. Hopkins does not remotely fix the Ban scoring woes. Montreal is missing the post season with or without Hopkins.

I think a top 10-15 pick would be a huge return for a poor 2, Good 3 center with an albatross co tract in RNH

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
No way. Habs forward prospects are all busts. I want a Habs D prospect with upside - like Tinordi, Pateryn, Beaulieu :)

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Do Danault instead of Bryon, and I think they should do it. Chia loves size and McCarron will be a fine bottom 6 center, and they could hope that they can package their own first with MTL's and get a top player like Tkachuk (who'd fit them really well).
Nope. Danault and Byron have no value outside of Montreal. They're the equivalent of tossing in a 2nd or 3rd round pick. We have a better version of McCarron in Khaira. And although the 1st has value we aren't in the market for futures. Also, Calgary would never in a million years trade us Tkachuk for two firsts.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
So 1st OA

for

Waiver wire player

late 1st

1ST round bust.

RNH is 6 years removed from being drafted #1OA, his draft position shouldn't matter anymore. Byron is not waiver wire, he scored over 20 goals last year. Given the Habs' form that 1st round pick is not likely a late one. McCarron could be considered as a bust so I'll give you that. In general, not a very good assessment.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
To Edmonton:

Paul Byron
2018 first
Michael McCarron

To Montreal:
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Fair? Over/underpayment?
Montreal's 2018 first... am I somehow confused about this, or could this have a high possibility of being Dahlin? Am I lost in time? I could be. I am old and easily confused.

If so, Edmonton would be wise to be in on this.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Shhhh...Hear that? It's Paul Byron's shooting percentage plummeting.

Just imagine. we could have gain those extra 2 points that RNH has and only at the cheap cost of our 1st rd pick next season.

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Habs are brutal. I don't know why their fans thought they would be remotely good this year. You can not win in this league without any resemblance of a top line centre.

The Drouin trade was terrible. Reminds me of the Ryan Mcdonagh for Scott Gomez trade, idiotic. If anyone in here wants to say anything remotely negative about the RNH contract, take a look at how stupid the Drouin contract is.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Oilers would be fools to turn this down. That Habs 1st is gonna be a top 5 pick probably.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Whenever Price finds his game - and he will - he'll single handedly ensure that the Habs pick is mediocre at best.

Maybe I'm out to lunch, but I think a mid-2018 first + huge cap savings is a fair deal for RNH at this point in time. Especially if the pick has a high likelihood of being top-5/10.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Wtf??

Why are we Oiler fans saying no to this?

This screams vast overpay. Id gladly take this pick.

I get a feeling an early 1st could nab a much better player though. Like OEL or some scoring depth on the wings. I like RNH but we could spend that cap space a lot more wisely.

If the pick becomes Dahlin there will be riots.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe I'm out to lunch, but I think a mid-2018 first + huge cap savings is a fair deal for RNH at this point in time. Especially if the pick has a high likelihood of being top-5/10.

If we don't want to win anything this season, sure, it's a fair offer. We're not a better team today with Byron and McCarron, though. Not even close.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
Edmonton shouldn't trade RNH this year - and maybe not at all. He's a very good 2nd line center that could easily become a decent #1. Only reason to do it is if they have cap issues and another player lined up to take his place (Drai? Don't know).

If they do trade him, I sincerely hope that Fletcher is all over it - he'd look great in Green.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
As a Habs fan, I am not trading away this years 1st rounder. There is no evidence that adding only RNH would make such a difference that we would be instantly a bubble team/playoff team.

I also think Byron has become a great player and essential in our lineup. Im not saying he is untouchable but he isnt a throw in, in a given trade.

Right now, our trade bait is Galchenyuk. If a deal cant be centered around him for RNH, i just dont see a fit imo.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Oilers aren't desperate yet and the players offered do NOTHING to improve them this season or next. That 1st 18 is tempting but as others have said with Price in goal it will be mediocre pick anyhow. If he is injured... let's talk :)

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
So 1st OA

for

Waiver wire player

late 1st

1ST round bust.

First of all, RNH being a former 1 OA means literally nothing at this point.

Secondly, Paul Byron scored 20 goals playing bottom six minutes. Not saying this is a good offer, but please educate yourself just a little bit

EDIT: Thought this was a new thread, whoops

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Right now, our trade bait is Galchenyuk. If a deal cant be centered around him for RNH, i just dont see a fit imo.

I want Petry back. Don't really need another winger. Our breakouts are terribad. We can cycle forever with our big physical forwards but moving the puck from the D to N zone is ugly. Our D can extract the puck from the opposing forwards but often make horrible weak outlet passes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad