Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Oilers Acquire Alex Petrovic for Chris Wideman & 3rd '19

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So, by your logic (and I guess Chiarelli's), we have a glut of bottom pairing men. So, bring in some more of the same to end a losing streak? And presently the losing continues, but now we have even a larger glut of bottom pairing men, given up a 3rd round pick, and have taken on more cap room to boot. How does this make sense in any world?
By my logic, I think that he thinks the two guys he brought in would be capable enough to alleviate the workloads currently being cast upon Adam Larsson and Darnell Nurse in the instance where three defensemen who are generally expected to play over 20 minutes per game are all facing significant injuries.

I think that logic dictates that an athlete consistently facing an elevated workload is at a greater risk of a significant injury. An Adam Larsson injury at this point of the season would be curtains.

The Wideman trade made zero sense to me. The Strome trade made zero sense to me. Unless something magically happens with Manning, that trade made no sense to me. I get the Petrovic one.

Bigger fish to fry out there than this guy.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

BamaOil

Nov 18, 2018
Let's claim Wideman on waivers just to feel like we won a trade. Wait...is that even winning a trade? Whatever, let's roll with it. Let's fleece another team for once.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
By my logic, I think that he thinks the two guys he brought in would be capable enough to alleviate the workloads currently being cast upon Adam Larsson and Darnell Nurse in the instance where three defensemen who are generally expected to play over 20 minutes per game are all facing significant injuries.

I think that logic dictates that an athlete consistently facing an elevated workload is at a greater risk of a significant injury. An Adam Larsson injury at this point of the season would be curtains.

The Wideman trade made zero sense to me. The Strome trade made zero sense to me. Unless something magically happens with Manning, that trade made no sense to me. I get the Petrovic one.

Bigger fish to fry out there than this guy.

But he's not taking minutes from Adam Larsson or Darnell Nurse. He's taking them from Matt Benning and Kevin Gravel.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
But he's not taking minutes from Adam Larsson or Darnell Nurse. He's taking them from Matt Benning and Kevin Gravel.
Did you actually look at their ice times before making this post?

Both of their minutes are down from that seven game stretch.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm a little shocked he was in last night given his poor performance on Saturday. Seemed to have a decent game yesterday

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Nice that we gave up a 3rd round pick for a guy who is the only Oiler to have worse CF% than Wideman this season, 37.95%. On top of that he is currently 0-7 in GF/GA and 29.73 in HDCF%. Yeah, he has a terrible PDO but this is not a good hockey player and not someone who has helped in any meaningful way whatsoever. Seriously, the Oilers must have the worst pro scouts in the entire league.

Reactions: Aerrol

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Nice that we gave up a 3rd round pick for a guy who is the only Oiler to have worse CF% than Wideman this season, 37.95%. On top of that he is currently 0-7 in GF/GA and 29.73 in HDCF%. Yeah, he has a terrible PDO but this is not a good hockey player and not someone who has helped in any meaningful way whatsoever. Seriously, the Oilers must have the worst pro scouts in the entire league.
Look at his 2017-2018 numbers. Not that bad. Same with Manning last year. Both fell off a cliff this year. I guess their thought if they had one was reclaimation project. Spooner i have no f***ing idea.

Or Chia was trying to get fired. That might make more sense.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ex-Oil King and Edmonton native. Petrovic looks like one of the guys our braintrust have probably covered for a while.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him signed at a lower cap number. Completely prepared for it.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
From what i heard Florida gave up a lot to Vegas so they wouldnt take Petrovic. Obviously that didnt work out condidering who they gave up. The fans probably hated him for that.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Ex-Oil King and Edmonton native. Petrovic looks like one of the guys our braintrust have probably covered for a while.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him signed at a lower cap number. Completely prepared for it.

He wasn't an Oil King, fortunately.

He was RNH's teammate in Red Deer.

Reactions: Canada Drai

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He wasn't an Oil King, fortunately.

He was RNH's teammate in Red Deer.
My bad. He's still one of those players that we have had linked to the team for a quite a while. I'll be mildly shocked if the Oilers allow him to walk this summer.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
My bad. He's still one of those players that we have had linked to the team for a quite a while. I'll be mildly shocked if the Oilers allow him to walk this summer.

If they were to resign him then I hope it's for under 1 million so we can bury him in the minors without the cap hit hurting us.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

This team has been far too infatuated with ex Oil kings or guys with an Edmonton connection. That’s part of the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad