Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Oilers Acquire Alex Petrovic for Chris Wideman & 3rd '19

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Petrovic played very well with Galant in charge In Florida. He was not one of bougner’s guys and it’s tough to be effective when your in/out of the lineup with different partners every other game . I just hope they don’t play him too high in the lineup expecting him to be something he isn’t. That’s just setting a guy up to fail.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Petrovic played very well with Galant in charge In Florida. He was not one of bougner’s guys and it’s tough to be effective when your in/out of the lineup with different partners every other game . I just hope they don’t play him too high in the lineup expecting him to be something he isn’t. That’s just setting a guy up to fail.

Well to be fair, he should have been on the bench all the time! Kiselevich was better and everyone was pissed when Petrosuck got in the lineup! Boughner was way too kind too him ...And after that he went crying the media

North

Jun 25, 2009
Well to be fair, he should have been on the bench all the time! Kiselevich was better and everyone was pissed when Petrosuck got in the lineup! Boughner was way too kind too him ...And after that he went crying the media

He’s looked okay with us so far but it’s only two games in.

Boughner isn’t near Gallant in terms of coaching so I could see Gallant getting a lot more out Petrovic than Boughner could.

Reactions: Boothinator

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
He’s looked okay with us so far but it’s only two games in.

Boughner isn’t near Gallant in terms of coaching so I could see Gallant getting a lot more out Petrovic than Boughner could.

He's been awful, far from ok. His pairing has gotten demolished in the first 2 games. He did play a bit better as the game wore on last night but it's a real struggle for him out there.

With that said, it's always tough adjusting to a new team so he should be cut a little slack.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't remember and maybe it was mentioned already, but did with have an incident with Petrovic couple years back? Maybe we he took a high hit or stood up for someone that took one?

North

Jun 25, 2009
He's been awful, far from ok. His pairing has gotten demolished in the first 2 games. He did play a bit better as the game wore on last night but it's a real struggle for him out there.

With that said, it's always tough adjusting to a new team so he should be cut a little slack.

I think he’s been okay for a guy who hasn’t had much time with his new team and being saddled with Nurse for a lot of it.

Nurse at this point isn’t helping his d partners out there.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
From the "eye test" (and not looking at any stats), Petrovic looked to be serviceable to me. Having said that, he is being played on the top pairing with Nurse, and his flaws are being exposed. When he gets moved back down to the third pairing, he'll be much better than the existing options we had/have (e.g. Garrison, Benning, Gravel)

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Youre missing the point.

Defense when healthy:

Klefbom - Larson
Nurse - Russell
Sekera/Manning - Petrovic/Jones/Benning

Look where Benning is!
:nod:

Reactions: ujju2

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I can't remember and maybe it was mentioned already, but did with have an incident with Petrovic couple years back? Maybe we he took a high hit or stood up for someone that took one?

I don’t think so. I think you’re thinking of when Hendricks hit Ekblad and answered the bell against Shaw, and then again with Gudbranson

Reactions: joestevens29

KidLine93

May 15, 2012

every guy nurse plays with gets demolished corsi wise, but petro looked solid despite one play. No one knows what nurse is gonna do out there. Petro and Jones looked solid when they were out there with eachother, Larssons play dropped once he was back with nurse IMO. Maybe its just easy to play with Jones?

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Youre missing the point.

Defense when healthy:

Klefbom - Larson
Nurse - Russell
Sekera/Manning - Petrovic/Jones/Benning

Look where Benning is!
:nod:

You forget Gravel, there sure is a lot of questions on D. Lots of bottom pairing guys.
Jones should stick around too I agree.

Hmm. I wonder if someone would take a chance on Sekera.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Petrovic is a fine add and probably fills that 'glue guy' role long-term if he's somehow willing to take a reasonable pay cut.

He's looked fine in the first few games he's been here.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
where did he cry to the media, do you have a link? Curious to see what he said. And by the games I've seen florida play no dman is more of a liability on the ice than Matheson, my god is he lost

North

Jun 25, 2009
every guy nurse plays with gets demolished corsi wise, but petro looked solid despite one play. No one knows what nurse is gonna do out there. Petro and Jones looked solid when they were out there with eachother, Larssons play dropped once he was back with nurse IMO. Maybe its just easy to play with Jones?

Because Jones knows how to defend. They can predict what he’ll do and don’t have to overcompensate.

Nurse can’t seem to read a play and then gets lost defensively so his partner has to work harder to try and bail him out.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Funny how trades that are thought of as terrible by the majority of the hockey universe (except Chia) turn out to be terrible.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
where did he cry to the media, do you have a link? Curious to see what he said. And by the games I've seen florida play no dman is more of a liability on the ice than Matheson, my god is he lost

Agreed on Matheson. His skating and speed is fantastic, but he sucks otherwise.

I've said it a while back, they should convert him to wing.

As for Petrocrap....he didnt "run"to the media, that's his brothers job lol.

He did get interviewed and said this

Pending free agent Alexander Petrovic feels ‘pushed...

You do need a sub to read it all.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Gave up a 3rd to possibly get the worse player in a swap. Chia, master of B-trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad