Confirmed with Link: [EDM/DET] Andreas Athanasiou and Ryan Kuffner for Sam Gagner(10% retained), 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
As for giveaways... his giveaway rate/60 is still the lowest on the team but I'm sure all the eagle eyes watching for him to f*** up saw him make several (or think they did)... but did they also see any other Oilers make some as well... because they did and the stats obviously aren't perfect for ALL players not just AA... right or not?

Ya all those above stats are subjective... but they are subjective for all players so prone to the same error rates for everyone not just AA.

Do you see anybody else using giveaway/60 rate to judge a player? Yes they are subjective and prone to error for everyone, which is why it isn't a good idea to use it...

As others have said he had a blatant turnover in the middle of the third trying to skate the puck by himself that turned into a a debacle in our own zone at an important time in the game yet still got credited with 0 giveaways all game..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Rather have Benson up with Archie and Sheahan. AA in the pressbox.

He reminds me of Yak and Pulj. Fast but clueless.

Its because that's what he is. Few of his results occur in traffic. Lay any semblance of pressure or cover on him and he folds like a cheap tent. Give him breakaways and 2 on 1's all day and he'll look like a magician. I called it. Dimestore player. A lot of people get seduced by players like this. I pretty much detest players that can only create through a complete absence of coverage. To me those are nothing players on nothing teams. Competitive teams shouldn't be giving them ice time.

Guy scored 30 goals last season and none of them are plays where he's covered. This guy would light it up in a lesser rung of hockey, no doubt. but in a league that emphasizes schemes, 200ft play, its not the decade for one way players like AA.

The one thing is Tippett should be giving a guy like this 3 on 3. Might be one of the few spots he's suited for. But I'm sure Tippett doesn't want the play without puck aspect out there with no sheltering. But it would be interesting.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Lowest TOI in the game and he managed to get 3 shots on net.... which is 3 more than Drai and Yamamoto together mustered all game. :) Yes I know Yamamoto got an assist and I'm being a little facetious because I knew the same old shit throwing crew would be in here throwing shit on AA yet again... like clockwork.

He's a cherry picker who hangs around looking for opportunities and he's getting some chances in his limited time but yes not enough and he's not scoring enough... like much of the rest of the team that's playing like shit recently.

He's a -1 now as well so I'm sure the bucket o' shit brigade will start spewing the "see we told ya he was a crappy defensive player" mantra constantly as well.

His offensive zone start % is basically Sheahan level (Khaira is actually higher on the season)... and I get it... the coach doesn't trust him with his overall game and wants to teach him to a be a better 2 way player... but keep in mind you have a player here that's cheated for offense his entire NHL career and that's in his DNA now and you are basically sticking him into a role that's closer to Belanger/Boyd Gordon type of offensive opportunities and saying to him... score some f***ing goals will ya. Well... he might have some trouble doing so with his usage/TOI/linemates and I don't see many others on the team lighting it up lately either and some of those are getting a HELL of a lot more offensive zone time, better linemates and double the TOI as well.

Again to repeat...

at 5v5...

shots/60... best on the team
expected goals/60... 2nd best on the team behind McDavid
individual corsi/60... best on the team
individual scoring chances/60... best on the team
individual high danger chances/60... best of anyone currently playing on the team.

As for giveaways... his giveaway rate/60 is still the lowest on the team but I'm sure all the eagle eyes watching for him to f*** up saw him make several (or think they did)... but did they also see any other Oilers make some as well... because they did and the stats obviously aren't perfect for ALL players not just AA... right or not?

Ya all those above stats are subjective... but they are subjective for all players so prone to the same error rates for everyone not just AA.

I'm waiting just like everyone else for this f***er to score a goal so I can rub yer noses in it... and say look... the f***er isn't useless. :)

If he's a dud... well it's 2 wasted 2nds and that's sad... maybe not quite as sad as the Reinhart debacle or Yak and JP turning into f*** all... but still sad on a team that could use a guy like AA for much needed secondary scoring. I assume that's what Holland was thinking as well unless he's just an asshole who likes to piss off his coach, the entire fanbase and all his teammates (maybe Holland and Chia are 4th cousins).

I'll continue to wait and see what this negative loser/scoring demon/neutral ball of nothing (whatever he ends up being) does for this team and yes I guess it's going to take more than 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 games to find out.

I'll be here waiting for him to score and finally cash in on the chances/shots he getting in his limited TOI with his inferior linemates in his limited offensive opportunities on his team that seems to be shitting the bed recently.

I'm sure I'll be kept company here in the thread by the same ole brigade of shit tossers that are just waiting to be proven right and who are hopeful he shits the bed because they never liked him anyway and were ready to send him out of town before he even set foot on the plane to bring him here.

This kind of post. Long and nothing really in it. He had 3 shots, none dangerous. There was really no offensive event of note from this player all night. If you saw this player rushing the puck up ice and even gaining a blueline show me where that was. Doesn't look like even his linemates or D are trusting him with the puck all that much. The one time he has it in own zone He throws the puck to the D with heat. Puck is in our net 2 secs later.

My take is you're posting these posts just as some sort of counter. My take is you don't really believe what your putting down here has much merit. At least I hope so.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This kind of post. Long and nothing really in it. He had 3 shots, none dangerous. There was really no offensive event of note from this player all night. If you saw this player rushing the puck up ice and even gaining a blueline show me where that was. Doesn't look like even his linemates or D are trusting him with the puck all that much. The one time he has it in own zone He throws the puck to the D with heat. Puck is in our net 2 secs later.

My take is you're posting these posts just as some sort of counter. My take is you don't really believe what your putting down here has much merit. At least I hope so.

My take is I've read more than a few like that from a guy that used to be named Replacement. For example, his premature and completely inaccurate assessments of a little runt guy named Yamamoto was near legendarily poor, so forgive me for pointing out some of the hypocrisy in his current statement right up above. :)

We all have our viewpoints and biases and takes on "reality" as we've clearly seen in some of your assessments in the past. Only time will reveal how certain players perform here with this Oilers team and I'd prefer to let that play out rather than shit on a player for the sake of shitting on a player because of myopic biases that exist in a mind rather than actual gameplay on the ice.

Reactions: TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
My take is I've read more than a few like that from a guy that used to be named Replacement. For example, his premature and completely inaccurate assessments of a little runt guy named Yamamoto was near legendarily poor, so forgive me for pointing out some of the hypocrisy in his current statement right up above. :)

We all have our viewpoints and biases and takes on "reality" as we've clearly seen in some of your assessments in the past. Only time will reveal how certain players perform here with this Oilers team and I'd prefer to let that play out rather than shit on a player for the sake of shitting on a player because of myopic biases that exist in a mind rather than actual gameplay on the ice.

Nice.

Yama is a changed player this season. Nothing like he was anytime he was called up before. His speed, engagement, tenacity, intensity, confidence, nothing like it was before. Sometimes it clicks. often times for players it doesn't.

I really doubt somehow AA is going to find the promised land at age 25. His career is half over in anycase and he hasn't found it.

I was right on 10 players that didn't work out. Wrong on Yama. So credibility is challenged?

hmmmm could be that's just an unreasonable assertion and if anybody was wrong a few times was held to that level then nobody here has credibility. Should I search all your bold past takes and see what your worst calls were? Nah, I don't see how that's consistent with reasonable discussion.

But if you want to be the type of poster that engages in that flaming fallback then fill yer boots. The thread here is labeled AA. That's the topic. if the above is truly your opinion of me as a poster I won't waste more of your time. Or mine.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Lowest TOI in the game and he managed to get 3 shots on net.... which is 3 more than Drai and Yamamoto together mustered all game. :) Yes I know Yamamoto got an assist and I'm being a little facetious because I knew the same old shit throwing crew would be in here throwing shit on AA yet again... like clockwork.

He's a cherry picker who hangs around looking for opportunities and he's getting some chances in his limited time but yes not enough and he's not scoring enough... like much of the rest of the team that's playing like shit recently.

He's a -1 now as well so I'm sure the bucket o' shit brigade will start spewing the "see we told ya he was a crappy defensive player" mantra constantly as well.

His offensive zone start % is basically Sheahan level (Khaira is actually higher on the season)... and I get it... the coach doesn't trust him with his overall game and wants to teach him to a be a better 2 way player... but keep in mind you have a player here that's cheated for offense his entire NHL career and that's in his DNA now and you are basically sticking him into a role that's closer to Belanger/Boyd Gordon type of offensive opportunities and saying to him... score some f***ing goals will ya. Well... he might have some trouble doing so with his usage/TOI/linemates and I don't see many others on the team lighting it up lately either and some of those are getting a HELL of a lot more offensive zone time, better linemates and double the TOI as well.

Again to repeat...

at 5v5...

shots/60... best on the team
expected goals/60... 2nd best on the team behind McDavid
individual corsi/60... best on the team
individual scoring chances/60... best on the team
individual high danger chances/60... best of anyone currently playing on the team.

I'm waiting just like everyone else for this f***er to score a goal so I can rub yer noses in it... and say look... the f***er isn't useless. :)

If he's a dud... well it's 2 wasted 2nds and that's sad... maybe not quite as sad as the Reinhart debacle or Yak and JP turning into f*** all... but still sad on a team that could use a guy like AA for much needed secondary scoring. I assume that's what Holland was thinking as well unless he's just an asshole who likes to piss off his coach, the entire fanbase and all his teammates (maybe Holland and Chia are 4th cousins).

I'll continue to wait and see what this negative loser/scoring demon/neutral ball of nothing (whatever he ends up being) does for this team and yes I guess it's going to take more than 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 games to find out.

I'll be here waiting for him to score and finally cash in on the chances/shots he's getting in his limited TOI with his inferior linemates in his limited offensive opportunities on his team that seems to be shitting the bed recently.

I'm sure I'll be kept company here in the thread by the same ole brigade of shit tossers that are just waiting to be proven right and who are hopeful he shits the bed because they never liked him anyway and were ready to send him out of town before he even set foot on the plane to bring him here.

:yo:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Nice.

Yama is a changed player this season. Nothing like he was anytime he was called up before.

I was right on 10 players that didn't work out. Wrong on Yama. So credibility is challenged.

hmmmm could be that's just an unreasonable assertion and if anybody was wrong a few times was held to that level then nobody here has credibility.

But if you want to be the type of poster that engages in that fallback then fill yer boots. The thread here is labeled AA. That's the topic. if the above is truly your opinion of me as a poster I won't waste more of your time. Or mine.

No problem... when calling out is well deserved... it's called out, as others have done as well. You are calling my post long and full of nothing and I've correctly called out some of yours in the past as being so as well.

We're all wrong and right at times and certainly can get assessments of players incorrect. I've pointed out my viewpoints and backed with some stats (to try and have an argumentative basis of something more than just myopic eyeballs and preconceived notions) and you've said it's "long and nothing really in it"... did I quote that correctly?

Let's see how AA pans out and how he performs and whether or not he can adapt/change/transform and contribute to this team rather than just pile shit continuously even though by an unbiased eye so far he's had much more of an actual neutral effect on the team than a positive/negative influence.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No problem... when calling out is well deserved... it's called out, as others have done as well. You are calling my post long and full of nothing and I've correctly called out some of yours in the past as being so as well.

We're all wrong and right at times and certainly can get assessments of players incorrect. I've pointed out my viewpoints and you've said it's "long and nothing really in it"... did I quote that correctly?

Let's see how AA pans out and how he performs and whether or not he can adapt/change/transform and contribute to this team rather than just pile shit continuously even though by an unbiased eye so far he's had much more of an actual neutral effect on the team than a positive/negative influence.

"long and nothing really in it" wasn't a call out of you, it wasn't an attack on you as a poster. It was challenging stat lines that don't make enough sense to even post up or consider at length. All the samples here are fairly meaningless in that they are short term. Most of the kinds of stats don't say much anyway. I could break down individually but that would be a further waste of your, and my time.

But I want to make this really clear I was not going at you as a poster. You did do that to me, and clearly, and I'll take my time to consider why you did that and why I would even want to have further dialog.

you crossed a line in otherwords. I take some numbers on that nature of response. Most people do.

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
"long and nothing really in it" wasn't a call out of you, it wasn't an attack on you as a poster. It was challenging stat lines that don't make enough sense to even post up or consider at length. All the samples here are fairly meaningless in that they are short term. Most of the kinds of stats don't say much anyway. I could break down individually but that would be a further waste of your, and my time.

But I want to make this really clear I was not going at you as a poster. You did do that to me, and clearly, and I'll take my time to consider why you did that and why I would even want to have further dialog.

you crossed a line in otherwords. I take some numbers on that nature of response. Most people do.
Your post was clearly calling him out lol.

“My take is you're posting these posts just as some sort of counter. My take is you don't really believe what your putting down here has much merit. At least I hope so.”

It doesn’t get much more condescending than that man

Reactions: TB12 and onetweasy

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Your post was clearly calling him out lol.

“My take is you're posting these posts just as some sort of counter. My take is you don't really believe what your putting down here has much merit. At least I hope so.”

It doesn’t get much more condescending than that man

fill her boots. I respect the poster. I didn't respect the post. Theres a difference.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
So many people here defending the AA trade. This trade is worse than dumping Caggiula for Manning. At least Chia did not give away picks for Manning. I can't wait to see what you people have to say when AA does not get qualified. Or if he gets qualified for 3mill in the summer to be waiver wire material by latest Dec. 2020. You guys make it sound like we gave away nothing for AA. That's two second rounders. Excuse will be how many second rounders make it to the NHL and with our drafting record, maybe we can keep giving away picks since none of them pan out, right?

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
AA looked decent last night. He is an upgrade over Gagner for sure. Just not worth the 2 extra 2nd rounders.
People claiming Gagner> AA have a short memory span. Gagner sucked near the end. AA has been meh at worst.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB

Well I wasn't attacking you as a person either... I was pointing out that "the poster" made questionable assessments of players in the past as well. I viewed and interpreted your response to my post as essentially "this long-winded guy is full of shit and his post is worthless"... aka "long and really nothing in it". :)

That's why I said I've seen incorrect assessments made by you as well in the past which I likely didn't point out as long and worthless at the time... because I'm just too damn nice to do so :)... because everyone has a right to their opinions (correct/incorrect as they may be).

If we see it differently on interpretations then so be it.

Forums are for an exchange of ideas/opinions and if you feel my assessment of AA is wrong, well fair enough but my opinion is that he's going through a process here of adapting and finding a role on the team after cheating for offense as a largely 1-dimensional player for ~300 NHL games in an org that obviously allowed that to happen... in an org with Holland as boss no less so there's likely no one in this league more acquainted and aware of his deficiencies and strengths in his game.

If AA can work on his deficiencies and still maintain most of his offensive aptitude... he can be a good asset for the team going forward... if not, it's a waste of 2 decent picks which would be a moderately painful loss... so there's a reasonable amount of rope that needs to be given to this player in order to find out if there's a player there capable of helping this team going forward.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
So many people here defending the AA trade. This trade is worse than dumping Caggiula for Manning. At least Chia did not give away picks for Manning. I can't wait to see what you people have to say when AA does not get qualified. Or if he gets qualified for 3mill in the summer to be waiver wire material by latest Dec. 2020. You guys make it sound like we gave away nothing for AA. That's two second rounders. Excuse will be how many second rounders make it to the NHL and with our drafting record, maybe we can keep giving away picks since none of them pan out, right?
no risk no reward. The risk could have been our 1st but Holland kept it to 2 x 2nds, got rid of Gagner and added another prospect.
Still a 2nd round pick too many from what AA has brought but there is still hope.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
@nexttothemoon This is the part I took umbrage with. Its a denigration of other posters here, and false alleging of what those posters want;

you said this right?

"I'm sure I'll be kept company here in the thread by the same ole brigade of shit tossers that are just waiting to be proven right and who are hopeful he shits the bed because they never liked him anyway and were ready to send him out of town before he even set foot on the plane to bring him here"

The rest has just been responding in kind. You were the one that decided to take the initial shot. I called it out. you called my call out.

The trouble is on a messageboard that kind of stuff just then starts being all pop flies and foul balls.. which limits subsequent discussion.

So that if you take the first shot across the bow volley is usually expected.

By all means discuss the player. But lets not take shots at each other. I didn't start this nature of exchange. I read you doing it in the bolded and replied.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Its because that's what he is. Few of his results occur in traffic. Lay any semblance of pressure or cover on him and he folds like a cheap tent. Give him breakaways and 2 on 1's all day and he'll look like a magician. I called it. Dimestore player. A lot of people get seduced by players like this. I pretty much detest players that can only create through a complete absence of coverage. To me those are nothing players on nothing teams. Competitive teams shouldn't be giving them ice time.

Guy scored 30 goals last season and none of them are plays where he's covered. This guy would light it up in a lesser rung of hockey, no doubt. but in a league that emphasizes schemes, 200ft play, its not the decade for one way players like AA.

The one thing is Tippett should be giving a guy like this 3 on 3. Might be one of the few spots he's suited for. But I'm sure Tippett doesn't want the play without puck aspect out there with no sheltering. But it would be interesting.

This player still has skills and can be a useful contributor. Yes, you need to have superstars like McDavid and strong two way players like Draisaitl and RNH, but if you look across the line-up, this team still badly needs somebody who can produce some offense from the third and fourth line. The Oilers have been getting depth scoring in the secnd half of the year from Archibald, Kassian, Chiasson. Even Neal is now on the 4th line. Having guys like Neal and Athanasiou in the bottom 6 is a luxury to be happy about. The fact that they currently do not produce as top 6 forwards is less important. Remember David Desharnais.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
@nexttothemoon This is the part I took umbrage with. Its a denigration of other posters here, and false alleging of what those posters want;

you said this right?

"I'm sure I'll be kept company here in the thread by the same ole brigade of shit tossers that are just waiting to be proven right and who are hopeful he shits the bed because they never liked him anyway and were ready to send him out of town before he even set foot on the plane to bring him here"

The rest has just been responding in kind. You were the one that decided to take the initial shot. I called it out. you called my call out.

The trouble is on a messageboard that kind of stuff just then starts being all pop flies and foul balls.. which limits subsequent discussion.

So that if you take the first shot across the bow volley is usually expected.

By all means discuss the player. But lets not take shots at each other. I didn't start this nature of exchange. I read you doing it in the bolded and replied.

Well that reference is to the posters who had preconcieved notions of this player before he ever stepped foot on the ice for the Oilers, irregardless of his performance on the ice with the Oilers. Some here never wanted him as an Oiler and didn't like the player or the trade to begin with based on his play in Detroit so the natural inclination will be to point out negatives and see the worst no matter what happens on the ice. He's getting some shots, some chances and not producing a lot offensively. 2 pts in 8 games in a limited TOI role in limited amounts of offensive situations with limited quality of teammates all while adapting to a new team/coach/system and really an entirely new set of expectations because he's clearly not cheating for offense as much as he was in Detroit or he'd be minus 50 by now like he was over there. Team isn't exactly playing great around him as well which isn't adding anything to his appeal either obviously.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This player still has skills and can be a useful contributor. Yes, you need to have superstars like McDavid and strong two way players like Draisaitl and RNH, but if you look across the line-up, this team still badly needs somebody who can produce some offense from the third and fourth line. The Oilers have been getting depth scoring in the secnd half of the year from Archibald, Kassian, Chiasson. Even Neal is now on the 4th line. Having guys like Neal and Athanasiou in the bottom 6 is a luxury to be happy about. The fact that they currently do not produce as top 6 forwards is less important. Remember David Desharnais.

Well its interesting that most people here consider Neal an awful 5 on 5 player and yet his return to the lineup has coincided with a burst in that line, and in Chiasson play. Neal is old, long of tooth but the guy is still strong, a savvy vet, and makes right plays. Chiasson scores the goal last night because Neal keeps that puck alive, gets that puck to the point. Neal is making a lot of smart savvy plays because he's rested, because he's a smart player, and because he can be physical and strong on a puck. I have all day for players like Neal that can play really well in strong competitive games. AA plays really well in moments where opponent pressure and contain DISAPPEARS or is absent.

That's how AA gets the vast amount of his results. This isn't fiction, people can think it is. Look at every goal he's scored in the NHL. It doesn't even take very long to watch all those. Dozen mins of your time.

AA doesn't produce much, certainly doesn't score much, in tightly contested situations. He scores invariably on wide open breakaways and two on ones. That's his bread and butter. Sorry to say.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Well that reference is to the posters who had preconcieved notions of this player before he ever stepped foot on the ice for the Oilers, irregardless of his performance on the ice with the Oilers. Some here never wanted him as an Oiler and didn't like the player or the trade to begin with based on his play in Detroit so the natural inclination will be to point out negatives and see the worst no matter what happens on the ice. He's getting some shots, some chances and not producing a lot offensively. 2 pts in 8 games in a limited TOI role in limited amounts of offensive situations with limited quality of teammates all while adapting to a new team/coach/system and really an entirely new set of expectations because he's clearly not cheating for offense as much as he was in Detroit or he'd be minus 50 by now like he was over there. Team isn't exactly playing great around him as well which isn't adding anything to his appeal either obviously.

Preconceived notions on a 25 yr old player that has been in the league 6 seasons and that has baggage and can be researched. I sense what nature of goal scorer this is. I sense what nature of player this is. You think that's jumping the gun, fine. Accepted. Watch every one of the players NHL goals and see what you think.

But your toss at other posters WANTING a player to fail is a garbage comment.

The trouble with AA is he's not strong on puck. he's not physically strong for his size, he's not a good battle player, not good in scrums, has trouble working give and go's.

What we have here is a rocket that is good on launch and not much anywhere else. We have this player without even having a PMD to hit him. If you have an AA you should at lest have a PMD to make optimal use of most of what this player brings, which is scoring off the rush.

onetweasy

Oct 16, 2005

The arrogance and condescension just drip off your posts at times.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Preconceived notions on a 25 yr old player that has been in the league 6 seasons and that has baggage and can be researched. I sense what nature of goal scorer this is. I sense what nature of player this is. You think that's jumping the gun, fine. Accepted. Watch every one of the players NHL goals and see what you think.

But your toss at other posters WANTING a player to fail is a garbage comment.

The trouble with AA is he's not strong on puck. he's not physically strong for his size, he's not a good battle player, not good in scrums, has trouble working give and go's.

What we have here is a rocket that is good on launch and not much anywhere else. We have this player without even having a PMD to hit him. If you have an AA you should at lest have a PMD to make optimal use of most of what this player brings, which is scoring off the rush.

Yes this player is a cherry picker... an opportunist... a flashy lightning bolt that when given a decent opening can strike and make a team with poor coverage pay the price.

We definitely agree there.

He's not doing that (to a large degree) in Edmonton for several reasons imo.

Reduced TOI equals fewer opportunities to do so.
Zone starts and usage is such that those opportunities don't present themselves at a particularly high rate.
Reasonably low quality teammates to get him the puck and create those chances to strike.
Games are tighter and many of these games involve teams playing HARD for a playoff spot so again opportunities to play his "style" are more limited.... and the entire team in general is finding it tight and constrictive out there recently so AA isn't alone in that.

I get that you have to produce with anyone you play with and can't expect top minutes with the best players... but it's obvious to everyone that you do better with better linemates and being put out in more offensively slanted situations... no coincidence he has his only 2 points in a game while playing bigger minutes with McDavid.

Also... I'm pretty sure he and Tippett are on the same page about not wanting to cheat for offense and give up scoring opportunities to opponents in an environment where your team is battling for a playoff spot. I think we can give AA enough credit to know his situation here in Edmonton is different than playing out the string all season long in Detroit. That fact likely reduces some of that cheating for offense play as well... which is a good thing imo because he's having to adapt and change his play to be more defensively responsible... which he's likely to screw up sometimes and make mistakes as he's not going to become a Selke nominee in a week in 6 simple steps. :)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The arrogance and condescension just drip off your posts at times.

Sorry for that. I'm flippant. If you met me I can assure you I'm not arrogant or condescending. I'm a stupid dumb punter that knows anything I state on a messageboard doesn't have the slightest importance. Nobody should take me too seriously and I hope nobody does.

if I was smart, truly smart, would I be here making all these posts?

I'm just another tosser

I appreciate though you said "at times". I react sometimes, respond in kind, lose my patience. Not by intent. So that I welcome reminders like the above post.

or alternately

"come at me bro" ;)

Last edited:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
fill her boots. I respect the poster. I didn't respect the post. Theres a difference.

telling someone that they don’t even believe what is coming out of their own mouth, because it contradicts your opinion is not a sign of respect last time I checked.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
telling someone that they don’t even believe what is coming out of their own mouth, because it contradicts your opinion is not a sign of respect last time I checked.

Could be neither of us are always so great at the bolded.

But I try to acknowledge my faults once in awhile.

All I was intending to state to @Nextothemoon is whether he was arguing and supporting some points as devils advocate, which he's done before, and stated he's done before. Thus me asking if he really believed what he was purporting. If it came across a different way, dumb on me..

Its not unintelligent to take a debate position counter to what you might believe. It could be stated as a sign of intelligence (and I believe the poster is intelligent) to take a counter position.

Clarifying, and attempting clarity isn't a bad thing. not that its ever achieved, heh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad