Confirmed with Link: [EDM/DET] Andreas Athanasiou and Ryan Kuffner for Sam Gagner(10% retained), 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
That minus 45 is scary, hopefully it's just a product of Detroit though. 30 goals potential is certainly better than Snowpants + 2 2nd rounders though. Good risk methinks

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Haven't read the thread yet, but looking forward to seeing the usual suspects pick this apart and say what's wrong with it.

This is solid. He's an RFA so he may stick with us another season or two.

Guessing the lines will be...
AA/McD/Kass
Nuge/Drai/Yams
Neal/Sheahan/Archie
Nygard/Haas/Chiasson

For the playoffs

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Despite a dash 45 player coming over and potentially sinking the team in a crucial playoff run. I'm even more concerned how much Holland is going to overpay this guy on his next deal.

Green and Athanasiou are two bad players on a bad team.

We now only have a first round pick in a good draft. And Holland will probably go off the board and pick a defender again.

I can't believe THIS fan base is happy with a GM going with players he knows rather than players that are good. I'm surprised at the optimism. This deal could sink the team this year and moving forward.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That minus 45 is scary, hopefully it's just a product of Detroit though. 30 goals potential is certainly better than Snowpants + 2 2nd rounders though. Good risk methinks
Detroit is -110 as a team, and if he plays a lot (which I suspect he did) he's going to take a few extra minuses. He's not a flawless player, but I don't think that -45 is a complete indication of the player.

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
At the very minimum (like, scraping the bottom of the pessimistic barrel) these deals make anything negative about letting Sekara walk, and the Pulju situation, redundant. I won't even bother getting into what Sekera is today, or Greene. The last two days have been fabulous as far as I'm concerned. Two 2nds? hahahahaha.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
AA-McD-Kas
DRY
Neal-Kerfoot-Chaison/Ennis
Nygard/Benson-Sheahan-Arch

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Green
Jones-Larsson
Russel

Come on ... just need Ennis for a 2021 4th and Kerfoot for benning/Khaira

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I am not sold on this trade, but I honestly have not watched very much at all of Detroit. I have faith in KH!

Come on, one more!

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
AA-McDavid-Kassian/Neal
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Haas-Kassian/Neal
Nygård-Sheahan-Archibald

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones-Green

Smith/Koskinen

Black aces
Chiasson, PRussell
Lagesson, Benning, KRussell, Bouchard

Not bad Kenny, not bad at all.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Despite a dash 45 player coming over and potentially sinking the team in a crucial playoff run. I'm even more concerned how much Holland is going to overpay this guy on his next deal.

We now only have a first round pick in a good draft. And Holland will probably go off the board and pick a defender again.

I can't believe THIS fan base is happy with a GM going with players he knows rather than players that are good. I'm surprised at the optimism. This deal could sink the team this year and moving forward.

Man, you got mad at Holland for not making enough trades in the offseason. Now you're mad for him making moves. It obviously has risk but we have no idea how Holland is going to draft and we are beyond due for some help THIS YEAR to cement a playoff spot and hopefully win a round. I'm pretty sure you said this before but correct me if I'm wrong.

It's okay to say you'd rather a different pickup (maybe name one) but you've become the board clown for all your incorrect hot takes you've gone on endlessly about this year. I'd have expected you to show some humility by now but hey, I'm happy you're whinging as a omen that Athanasiou is about to blow it out of the water lol.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
The Oilers are at a point where the goal is to get better. Trading Gagner and two 2nd round picks for a 30-goal scorer is the definition of that.

Reactions: dustrock

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

"Sink the team". You've officially flown over the cuckoo's nest.

I get being a little skeptical of AA as I'm not his biggest fan either but your hyperbole is out of control.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

I get being a little skeptical of AA as I'm not his biggest fan either but your hyperbole is out of control.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
AA-McDavid-Kassian/Neal
RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Benson-Haas-Kassian/Neal
Nygård-Sheahan-Archibald

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bear
Jones-Green

Smith/Koskinen

Black aces
Chiasson, PRussell
Lagesson, Benning, KRussell, Bouchard

Not bad Kenny, not bad at all.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Two 2nd rounders for 2.5 years of a top6 player.

If he sucks, they still have his rights for two more seasons and can likely recoup most of what they paid in a trade.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Reactions: guymez

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The people who complain when the Oilers don't make a trade are the same people who complain when the Oilers do make a trade. Weird.

Last edited:
Reactions: Haggard

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Excited that Holland picked up a solid player and hope he gels with McDavid, but I really have my doubts that he will.. just not enough smarts to go with that speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad