Confirmed with Link: [EDM/DET] Andreas Athanasiou and Ryan Kuffner for Sam Gagner(10% retained), 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulju Propagandist

Jesse’s Bison
Jul 7, 2016
You have to pay to play. And we still have our first for a potential 30g 20a guy, that bring world class speed and good skill. Defence might be a liability but that's not why you are making this trade.

LETS GO.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
giphy.gif

Reactions: Not Canada Drai

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Holland was thinking they needed a winger for McD now or in the summer for long-term. This guy gets us both: a winger now that is also a try-out for a summer raise (~5.5-6 mil?) because we have his rights and he's an RFA. That's got to be the logic here, right?

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
TSN doesn't know shit about the Oilers and Craig Button hates the trade.
Button watches nearly all the Oiler games while the panel looks less than enthused to be talking about them. O'Neill basically only knows Drai and McDavid

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm a bit worried about the player not having the hockey sense to be a sustainably good player, but I'm very happy to actually be taking a bet for a top 6 winger for mcdavid. Bit of an overpay but if he pans out we'll all be laughing at the cost.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Yuk.

Our 5v5 play just went into the toilet with Holland going back to the tired old well he dedicated into the team they are today.

Tell me who trades away assets for bad players on the worst team in the league...

The guy who made that team a pile of dung to begin with.

Loyalty is nice but this is ridiculous.

There is absolutely nothing that indicates this will be true other than your extremely bizarre hot takes.

I would think of all the posters on this board you would actually watch games first and see how things play out before making so many wildly wrong assertions.

Uindicator

Sep 27, 2010
Not sure what there is to hate about this trade, how long has everyone salivated at the prospect of these two playing together , now we get to see and all I can envision for certain is the amount of two on ones these two will create.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Haven't read the thread yet, but looking forward to seeing the usual suspects pick this apart and say what's wrong with it.

This is solid. He's an RFA so he may stick with us another season or two.

Guessing the lines will be...
AA/McD/Kass
Nuge/Drai/Yams
Neal/Sheahan/Archie
Nygard/Haas/Chiasson

For the playoffs

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
That minus 45 is scary, hopefully it's just a product of Detroit though. 30 goals potential is certainly better than Snowpants + 2 2nd rounders though. Good risk methinks

dsi

Sep 13, 2005
Ottawa
So did Holland just turn the Eberle/Strome/Spooner/Gagner trades into Athanasiou? He just turned a turd into gold.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Two 2nds is an awful lot based on the season he’s having.

Hopefully his 30 goal season wasn’t an aberration last year.

Just like with Green, take his stats with a giant sized grain of salt based on the historically bad team they play for.

Reactions: LaGu

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
That minus 45 is scary, hopefully it's just a product of Detroit though. 30 goals potential is certainly better than Snowpants + 2 2nd rounders though. Good risk methinks

Reactions: GreeningOil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad