Confirmed with Link: [EDM/DET] Andreas Athanasiou and Ryan Kuffner for Sam Gagner(10% retained), 2020 2nd and 2021 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
We need forwards so that is good.
Anyone that plays with mcdavid will do well.
Have to wait to see what we gave up before making a judgement here.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Stauffer said it's probably TWO 2nds at minimum so this looks like an overpay which I'm ok with.

I'll say one thing. I'm not a big fan of the player but the Oilers just became a whole lot more exciting. I'm also confident that Tippett can get the most out of his ability. Exciting times to be an Oiler fan.

Fully agree with all of this.

Also if Gagner is headed back it means we still have room for Ennis, theoretically.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Yuk.

Our 5v5 play just went into the toilet with Holland going back to the tired old well he dedicated into the team they are today.

Tell me who trades away assets for bad players on the worst team in the league...

The guy who made that team a pile of dung to begin with.

Loyalty is nice but this is ridiculous.

If this guy hates it, then I like it!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So Anthanasiou for 2 - 2nd round picks.

I am fine with that. Must be a player going to Detroit as well.

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
This had been rumored for a while, but glad to see it finally happen. Oilers only gave up two 2nds for a guy with some serious speed who scored 30 last year. Fantastic!

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Anyone in the world is a 20 goal scorer if he plays with mcdavid, so we need to be aiming a bit higher.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Two 2nds is an awful lot based on the season he’s having.

Hopefully his 30 goal season wasn’t an aberration last year.

Reactions: Aerchon

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Yuk.

Our 5v5 play just went into the toilet with Holland going back to the tired old well he dedicated into the team they are today.

Tell me who trades away assets for bad players on the worst team in the league...

Our 5v5 play went into the toilet because McDavid gets to play with AA instead of Neal/Chiasson/Gags now? That's hilarious.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I hear ya
Two 2nds is an awful lot based on the season he’s having.

Hopefully his 30 goal season wasn’t an aberration last year.
But he is controlled contractually beyond this season. I like this for the Oilers. It'll certainly be intersting and potentially terrifying to see mcdavid and aa flying down the ice.. Especially if his scoring touch returns.

Reactions: Oilhawks

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Hope I'm wrong about this guy.

That's a big return for a guy I wasn't convinced Yzerman was going to pay in a few months.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yuk.

I'm not 100% behind the trade but this is a bad take. His advanced stats are pretty good.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
Two 2nd round picks for a 30-goal scorer. The odds of one of those two picks becoming a 30-goal scorer can't be great.

Benson is the only player from the 2nd round the Oilers have drafted that is trending to be an NHLer since Pitlick and Marincin, which was a decade ago.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yuk.

I'm not 100% behind the trade but this is a bad take. His advanced stats are pretty good.

Reactions: Senor Catface

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think it's worth mentioning that Larkin has went from .96ppg to .7ppg.

There is just a ton of bad in Detroit this year and hard to judge a guy. 2 2nds might be a bit risky, but we needed to start taking some risks. Better now than in the off-season IMO.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad