Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Not trying to be an antagonist. But you start off by saying people make too much of the regular season then end by emphasizing the Avs were the best home team during the regular season.

Agreed that the playoffs are different. That home record isn’t an assurance it will continue in the playoffs.

There's a difference between the 2. The Avs home ice advantage is altitude + a 41 game sample size is much, much more significant. I voted Avs in 7, but now I'm leaning Avs in 6. Overreacting to a 3 game regular season sample size is definitely right on queue with HF though.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets4Life

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
This is a perfect example of where I’d rather have a top 5 defence and bottom 10 goalie then a top 5 goalie and a bottom 10 defence
The crazy thing is that the jets had the best of both worlds in the regular season. They have a top 3 (best) goalie coming in and a top 5-10 at worst

On another note, I don’t understand their utilization of ehlers. Why does that man play low end 3rd line minutes. He was so similar in production to nylander, but then he’s played 13-15 minutes and his production has dropped a bit. Can jets fans help me out?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
If you told me the Avs were going average 5 goals past Helly I’d say you’re crazy.

I know the Avs are a potent offence, but that’s crazy for this year’s likely Vezina winner.

I gathered that he was mostly hung out to dry tonight and what I did catch of the game confirmed this. What's happened to him otherwise?

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Clearly not. Avs were on the powerplay for the ENTIRE third period. Literally the whole period. If it wasn't for Hellebuyck, the score would have been much worse lol.

Jets aren't going to win any games when they are in the penalty box for 20 minutes.
I mean I was moreso pointing out how it’s been 5 goals a game the Avs have scored on him, but sure.

The only reason this series isn’t 3-0 is because Georgie s*** the bed in game 1.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
Clearly not. Avs were on the powerplay for the ENTIRE third period. Literally the whole period. If it wasn't for Hellebuyck, the score would have been much worse lol.

Jets aren't going to win any games when they are in the penalty box for 20 minutes.
Jets aren't going to win when their depth, an area many thought they had a huge advantage going into the series, gets completely outplayed by the Avs depth.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
But he's blind...
1714201936244.gif

• Haha
Reactions: wayninja

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
I mean I was moreso pointing out how it’s been 5 goals a game the Avs have scored on him, but sure.

The only reason this series isn’t 3-0 is because Georgie s*** the bed in game 1.

I guess that's the Jets saving grace is that Georgiev will eventually s*** the bed again. Afternoon games haven't been good for the Avs this season, so we'll see if it comes on Sunday.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
There is a conspiracy against every team in the NHL
Isn't that the truth....

Exactly.

NHL always favouring their big markets like Denver, Colorado.
It drives me crazy.....I see this on other teams boards also....always a conspiracy against them.....we all agree reffing is bad ...across the board for every team......people can be so childish.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
If you told me the Avs were going average 5 goals past Helly I’d say you’re crazy.

I know the Avs are a potent offence, but that’s crazy for this year’s likely Vezina winner.

Tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game.
You’re absolutely right. Winnipeg hasn’t allowed 17 goals in 3 games, 15 of which were scored with helle in net, averaging 5.00 goals per game with him in the net. You tell him to tell us he didn’t watch the game indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad