HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Back safely

70321_tPbn6_je-WRh-0qLQWb3X6a8fzDlKGayomV5pYAfeUc.jpg

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Oh they sleep., just doing their job and collecting their paycheck, as instructed by the President, don't want to fold a hockey market in TB with 4,000 paying fans a game do we?

TB fan here. Normally, I don't care what's posted here. BUT we have 153 consecutive sell outs. I think we were 7th or 8th in attendance this year. Last year the Lightning was voted the best franchise in all of sports. Had to bring some reality in here.

Great series. You have some great young stars in the making.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
TB fan here. Normally, I don't care what's posted here. BUT we have 153 consecutive sell outs. I think we were 7th or 8th in attendance this year. Last year the Lightning was voted the best franchise in all of sports. Had to bring some reality in here.

Great series. You have some great young stars in the making.

Congrats on your sellouts and your no away team apparel policy.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
no, Gretzky deal was an out and out sale. why hasn't Edmonton reclaimed their prominence since then.... and remember, EIG, was the replacement until Katz did what he did to recreate that era in ownership...

Gretzky is a generational talent you only see once, if ever, McDavid will always be rated unfairly because it's a different era.... same goes with Crosby succession from the now owner of the Penguins in Lemieux, again, another unfair comparison, no matter what success the Pens have, they're a franchise that somehow, someway, survived 2 Bankruptcies, and we're still talking the fallout to this day of the Arizona Coyotes and their future.
They won two cups after he left.

Regina

Apr 11, 2004
Regina
www.corrine.ca
Anyhow just wanted to mention this was my first playoff as an active poster.. It was enjoyable interacting with all of you ..of course too bad we lost vs Tampa ...hopefully DS makes some moves that will enable us to again make the playoffs and go further.

Go on ...get outta here !!

I kid....LOL

Hope u come back next year , great group of folks here !

Reactions: Marcobruin

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
If there’s anything to be pissed about it’s game 82 when they had the opportunity to make their path that much easier.

Instead they go into round 2 gassed against a rested Tampa.

This is it guys and the writing was on the wall in game 3.

I posted in the main thread about this and knew it was coming after the first loss in Boston.

The team that wins the Atlantic has a MUCH easier path because every year for the next half decade the 2nd and 3rd seed are going to destroy each other in the first round. This will not change as Tampa, Boston. And Toronto continue to dominate the division.

Problem is, the Bruins core is getting older fast and before you know it Buffalo and Montreal will be creeping back up the standings.

This season was lost on a Sunday in April with the Panthers visiting. Boston didn't close out when they we're up 3-1 against Toronto while Tampa took 8 days off after taking on an exhausted Devils team that fought to get in.

Win the Atlantic or expect a 1st or 2nd round exit annually.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This is it guys and the writing was on the wall in game 3.

I posted in the main thread about this and knew it was coming after the first loss in Boston.

The team that wins the Atlantic has a MUCH easier path because every year for the next half decade the 2nd and 3rd seed are going to destroy each other in the first round. This will not change as Tampa, Boston. And Toronto continue to dominate the division.

Problem is, the Bruins core is getting older fast and before you know it Buffalo and Montreal will be creeping back up the standings.

This season was lost on a Sunday in April with the Panthers visiting. Boston didn't close out when they we're up 3-1 against Toronto while Tampa took 8 days off after taking on an exhausted Devils team that fought to get in.

Win the Atlantic or expect a 1st or 2nd round exit annually.

Lack of secondary scoring in the last 5 games/into playoffs killed this teams progress

Bottom line

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Comparing them as 22 year olds. And insulting or not dude is having a playoffs that Bergeron didn't approach until his mid 20's
Because they weren't there till his mid 20's and then when they got there Clode had the shackles on him.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I can't believe how quickly it unraveled.

Exactly a week ago I was hearing Tampa people fearful the team could get swept as the Lightning have always had trouble in Boston.

The irony is the last time the Bruins lost 4 in a row it prompted Cassidy to scrap a morning skate in LA and made the team watch video instead and that is when this team started to blossom.

One lesson must be driven home - WIN THE DIVISION or else meeting being in that awful A2-A3 matchup in Round 1.

Reality is they never fully adapted from the Carlo injury and the B's were a .500 team from that point on. Give Tampa credit as they are now 8-2 in the playoffs - The Bruins finished 5-7.

Last edited:

kevind122684

Mar 23, 2018
Lobbied here for Kane....Nobody wanted him. He sure has not hurt that San Jose locker room......No doubt he was who we should have gotten.
even going after JT miller would of been better than Rick Nash, i'll admit I was excited for Nash, but it didn't work out.

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
We were a 1 line team this series. All the scoring depth we had earlier in the season dried up.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It was a great season that was a huge surprise to me. Never expected this team to be one of the top teams and to seriously throw around the idea of a Cup challenge this season. That’s insane and I have a hard time being that disappointed things ended in the 2nd round. With the new playoff format we’re gonna have to get used to losing good teams early. I was so calm yesterday, I barely knew myself.

No shame going out to a team like Tampa that are stacked in every position and were expected to be a Cup contender. I think the effects of injuries and fatigue just hit us at the worst time and was responsible for a lot. Tampa were just too good to be a tired, hurting Bruins team.

I think there’s a lot to be excited for in the coming years for the Bruins. The top line are locked in for years with beautiful contracts and the youth have been outstanding with more to come. There are some concerns obviously but to me the good far outweighs the bad at the moment.

This was one of the best seasons and one of the most likeable teams I can remember.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Got
The officiating the Bruins playoff run was sickening at best. The neverending faceoff resets in Toronto was clearly directed at the B's. Funny, that wasn't and issue with TB. Then with the non-calls against the B's vs TB led to goals for TB and missed opportunities for the B's. I hope the league is confronted with this crap.
Overall the team looked tired against TB. Krecji has always been in my bad books as a floater and it showed yet again. It's tiring just watching him on the ice not hitting anybody and avoiding at all costs being hit himself. Oh well he gets a longer summer vacation now - which is all he wants, and of course his $7.5M.
Love Krug on the offence but man does he ever get flattened in the defensive zone. Feel sorry for the guy but he's a liability on the D.
DeBrusk is a keeper - Nash trade was a mistake - Backes for same price i'd rather have Lucic back
I thought McAvoy would have been better. Miller was good - Rask has never will he ever be a game breaker like Thomas was.
True . Tim was far too politically incorrect for the Mass minions?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad