Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - IT'S OVAH - Tampa Bay ends the Bruins season

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Why would you use the ignore button on anyone? I've never even noticed a single post by you before, but I feel everyone deserves the respect of being able to be viewed as an option to read. Even the people who stalk me in every post don't get ignored by me.

These forums are meant for debates as well ....only accepting posters we agree with all of the time isnt grounds for good debates

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Why would you use the ignore button on anyone? I've never even noticed a single post by you before, but I feel everyone deserves the respect of being able to be viewed as an option to read. Even the people who stalk me in every post don't get ignored by me.

Some people have such trouble seeing an opinion they don't agree with. Seems immature to me that you can't just gloss over someones posts and not be compelled to respond.

Reactions: bluetib

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Wayne Gretzky was traded. Think about that. The greatest scorer in the history of the game got traded to another team while he was in his prime.

Wait a minute now BMC..gretzky was traded ...yes but for another reason.
Pocklington got Gretzky traded for one reason...Money..which he receivef by Mcnall.consequently EDM still had a very powerful nucleus led by one of the greatest in Messier...we dont have that. Edm went on to win another cup(against us) and Messier then went on to the Rangers and won a cup there too..the key was Messier .

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Wait a minute now BMC..gretzky was traded ...yes but for another reason.
Pocklington got Gretzky traded for one reason...Money..which he receivef by Mcnall.consequently EDM still had a very powerful nucleus led by one of the greatest in Messier...we dont have that. Edm went on to win another cup(against us) and Messier then went on to the Rangers and won a cup there too..the key was Messier .

To me that's not the point. I don't care if he was traded for all the gold in Fort Knox or for a bag of pucks. The point is one of the all time greatest hockey players was traded in the prime of his career. In other words there is no player that isn't tradeable for whatever reason.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Would have cost you DeBrusk. Remember Namestnikov was in there too. As was a guy like Howden who is the equivalent of Frederic. So

DeBrusk, Frederic, lindgren, 1st and possible second 1st for McDonagh and jt Miller or the deal we did for Nash, which was a first and lindgren plus spare parts.
Good point.....Would never have done that. But Spooner could have lessened that blow. Bjork ?? JFK ???....I ....So Spoons, Senyshen, Lindgren and the rest.......Would that have gotten it done ?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Would have cost you DeBrusk. Remember Namestnikov was in there too. As was a guy like Howden who is the equivalent of Frederic. So

DeBrusk, Frederic, lindgren, 1st and possible second 1st for McDonagh and jt Miller or the deal we did for Nash, which was a first and lindgren plus spare parts.

Way too much for us. But when you draft and develop as well as TB does, its a luxury you can afford.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Good point.....Would never have done that. But Spooner could have lessened that blow. Bjork ?? JFK ???....I ....So Spoons, Senyshen, Lindgren and the rest.......Would that have gotten it done ?

I think Gorton the sneaky bum was not going to trade Mcdonagh to the Bruins (unless huge overpay) as then he could lineup two deals to obtain multiple 1st round picks

I doubt there were many teams willing to give up a 1st for Nash. Maybe a 2nd

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
To many thing went wrong in this series between game 2 and 5 for the Bruins to win it.

Biggest blow was to lose game 4 the way they did. They come back from a 0-2 hole to take the lead 3-2 in the 3rd on a great SH goal after another crappy call by the refs. Then Krug got hurt and the Kucherov hold/trip against McAvoy that led to TB tying it. When the Bruins lost that game and Krug, you knew they had a very big uphill battle in front of them.

TB were a great team this year with the lead and they got the lead for the vast majority of the time in game 2-5.

Bruins were still up 1-0 and TB wasn't very dangerous until Miller had his stroke and gave the puck away. TB tied it at 1 then the ice tilt. They took the lead on the PP and never look back.

Bruins last 5 on 5 goal this year? Game 2, 3rd period by Krug on a huge softie by Vasolinevski.

Reactions: Andrew83

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
It's too bad this series got away. It will hurt even more if the Caps advance. Washington would of been a perfect fit for the Bruins in the Conf Finals.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
To me that's not the point. I don't care if he was traded for all the gold in Fort Knox or for a bag of pucks. The point is one of the all time greatest hockey players was traded in the prime of his career. In other words there is no player that isn't tradeable for whatever reason.

I think the motivation behind the trade is significant .i will not for instance say because peter pocklington did it it should set a standard..However EDM on the ice proved Gretzky was expendable as mentioned largely because of Messier.I am a huge fan of March thats a fact but trading a guy like him could be devastating..in fact on the roster right now he is the least expandable imo of all the vets also because he is the youngest of them

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
It's too bad this series got away. It will hurt even more if the Caps advance. Washington would of been a perfect fit for the Bruins in the Conf Finals.

He’s had a strange season but I am not convinced Holtby was going to be key to unlocking the Bruins struggling offense.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Some people have such trouble seeing an opinion they don't agree with. Seems immature to me that you can't just gloss over someones posts and not be compelled to respond.

I love reading other opinions, I think it's great to have an open mind and take the time to read opposing ideas and viewpoints. Even if you don't agree, I think it's helpful to see the other side of an argument.

Problem is how people present their opinions. I don't care how valid your point may be, if you present it like a petulant child, nothing you say will ever have any merit in my world. We have a lot of people who post in the key of petulant children. I don't have anyone on my ignore list, but if I was to start adding to it, it wouldn't be for opposing viewpoints it would be for being an asshole.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
It was a good run, too bad it had to end in Tampa but they just looked completely spent after the game 4 loss in OT. This Bruins team has a very bright future ahead, lets hope that includes a SC or 2. Enjoyed the posts and friendly banter, I'll have my spoked B hoodie and socks ready to go, see y'all in Oct! Go Bruins!

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I love reading other opinions, I think it's great to have an open mind and take the time to read opposing ideas and viewpoints. Even if you don't agree, I think it's helpful to see the other side of an argument.

Problem is how people present their opinions. I don't care how valid your point may be, if you present it like a petulant child, nothing you say will ever have any merit in my world. We have a lot of people who post in the key of petulant children. I don't have anyone on my ignore list, but if I was to start adding to it, it wouldn't be for opposing viewpoints it would be for being an *******.

I'm surprised you could see my post then. :sarcasm:

Reactions: BMC and Kate08

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You do realize we have not beaten them in like 5 years or something like that ?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
full

Figured I’d do the stats one last time to wrap everything up.

Should add:

Worst plus/minus = Rick Nash -7

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Ok , in that analogy that you are using, definitely more hammers , less nails.

I was quite shocked to see that some pretty averaged sized players were having there way with the Bruins and what was even more shocking was that there was no push back at all.IDK, I suspect that Tampa was a much more rested team and had energy the Bruins just couldn't match.

Taking away time and space. Tampa did that a lot better than the B's did. High grades for "keeping the feet moving" for the Bolts. And those veteran defensemen didn't give Boston many openings.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The warning signs were there. We won just one of the last 5 games. Twice Florida beat us "who did not even make it to the playoffs", including the season finale' where we lost the Confrecnce #1 seed. Scored only 12 goals in the last 5 games.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the hits stat is kept by the home team's statisticians, and is usually (heavily) weighted toward the home team. Partly because it's such a subjective stat. This is definitely one place where you want to NOT rely on the stats, but should use the eye test. Early in the series, the eye test for me showed Tampa outhitting the B's pretty significantly. I thought it evened out in the latter parts of the series. Giving the Tampa forwards 2-3 times as many hits is exactly that - giving it to them - while not giving it to the Bruins forwards.
Yes I realize the stats on hits can be skewed somewhat, but I still maintain that TB forwards were noticeably more physical than the Bs forwards, especially in the final game. The lack of 5 on 5 goals for the Bs was related to that. There were for sure several B forwards who played somewhat physical, but as a team TB forwards were laying more hits and player a more physical game, both in regards to my eye test and the stat sheet.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00