FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

PRESS NOTES

:bruins:sc09::bolts

Last edited:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
This hurts. It was such a great opportunity for a team no one expected to be this good.

They got outplayed in this series. The refs were atrocious. Guys who got hurt at the end of the year (Riley Nash, Backes, Chara, McAvoy) never seemed to fully return to the level they were at earlier in the season. A perfect storm of things gone wrong.

There's lots to be excited about next year. The first line is still on arguably the 3 best contracts in the league. DeBrusk is a stud. There are a couple more kids to potentially add to the lineup. This certainly feels different than, say, the loss in '14.

This was one of the most exciting seasons we've watched in a long time. Always a pleasure to share it with you all

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Hate to see it end but I am proud of the way these guys played all season long, had the most injuries in the NHL and worked hard to get where they were today, gave us an extra month of watching.

Sometimes hockey is a lot about bounces and luck, and I think lines 2-4 hit an insane cold streak, other wise we could've taken this series.

I don't even feel like talking about the reffing anymore, we all know what happened that series and I can only hope that someone loses their job over it.

Gonna miss hanging out with you all in the GDT's :)

ViperGTS

Apr 19, 2018
And we wonder why they fix games. It’s because no one really cares to put the effort into ending it, thus the cycle continues year after year.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Marchand played like he was neutered

Can’t blame the guy too much. He’s not allowed to hit like he used to and every time he gets hacked or hooked it’s not called. He’s had to adjust the game so much because the league doesn’t like players like him and will do everything in their power to make players like him fall out of place.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Lots of good stuff going forward. Better team won and exposed our weaknesses... and exposed them hard. Every game was really close and the officiating was a factor way too often, but it is what it is. Fix up the holes and get back at it in a few months.

Reactions: Chief Nine

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
I'm just going to say it: Chara was ass in these playoffs and I am not really looking forward to seeing that next year.

Chara is going to look even slower next year.
Miller will still be brain dead.
McQuaid can’t get slower, can he?
Gryz and Krug are not going to grow, but they can move the puck, but they have to be protected.
Holden is hopefully gone.
Charlie and Carlo will be healed up so they’re going to have to carry the entire D

Reactions: BBruins and Dr Hook

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Unfortunate way to end the year. Really didn’t feel like Boston got a fair shake over the 5 games at all.

Tampa was clearly better. They didn’t need the help.

I know people are excited about the kids coming up, but they have to do a better job pro scouting. They’re littered with guys too slow to make an impact in a playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad