Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - IT'S OVAH - Tampa Bay ends the Bruins season

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Yes I realize the stats on hits can be skewed somewhat, but I still maintain that TB forwards were noticeably more physical than the Bs forwards, especially in the final game. The lack of 5 on 5 goals for the Bs was related to that. There were for sure several B forwards who played somewhat physical, but as a team TB forwards were laying more hits and player a more physical game, both in regards to my eye test and the stat sheet.
I don't disagree that TB was a more physical team, but the statkeeper giving their forwards three times as many hits reeks of stat inflation. that was my main point.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
TB fan here. Normally, I don't care what's posted here. BUT we have 153 consecutive sell outs. I think we were 7th or 8th in attendance this year. Last year the Lightning was voted the best franchise in all of sports. Had to bring some reality in here.

Great series. You have some great young stars in the making.
Fair enough, games may be sold out but the fans just don't bother showing up to the games, big difference, until the Canadiens play XMas time and Easter for the snow birds;)

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
NHL 2017-18 team attendance at hockeydb.com

There's a graph. Hopefully, pictures are easier for you.

BTW, we're 6th in attendance...that's fans showing up. Crazy.

False. Or at least the data provided to them for that graph is false. For a good chunk of the teams, the number shown is the same as the arena's capacity. So, it is either reporting a fictional number (not one single person missed a game all season long/not one ticket ever went unsold on the secondary market/etc) or it is reporting the number of tix SOLD. Not butts in the seat. Big difference.

Reactions: Zguy370

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
False. Or at least the data provided to them for that graph is false. For a good chunk of the teams, the number shown is the same as the arena's capacity. So, it is either reporting a fictional number (not one single person missed a game all season long/not one ticket ever went unsold on the secondary market/etc) or it is reporting the number of tix SOLD. Not butts in the seat. Big difference.
Ok. I am a season tix holder and I can tell you on my grandmother's grave that Amalie Arena was at or near capacity all season. We'll part ways at this point and wish you all the best till next year.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Ok. I am a season tix holder and I can tell you on my grandmother's grave that Amalie Arena was at or near capacity all season. We'll part ways at this point and wish you all the best till next year.

I don't know why anyone here cares how many fans go to Amalie on a given night. Your team is doing well enough to spend to the cap and ice a strong squad whatever the actual numbers are. And good luck to the Bolts: please beat the Caps. I hate those guys and be sure not to have anyone get Wilson'ed.

Reactions: T REX

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

I'm not questioning the TB number. The 19,092 number they gave is well under the arena's 20,500 capacity, so it seems legit.....or at least seems like someone put some thought into it.

I'm questioning the #s some of the other teams (including the Bruins) provided. Those HAVE to be tix sold and not actual attendance figures given that they match the arenas' capacities exactly.

Reactions: T REX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad