Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 5 - IT'S OVAH - Tampa Bay ends the Bruins season

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Just watched the game, definitely disappointed with the outcome, however it was a great season to be a Bruins fan!! They need to get quicker & hopefully they won’t be riddled with so many injuries late in the season next year. Hope Backes is ok .

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Good season. Lost to a clearly better team. The Bruins breakout vs. the Lightning breakout was night and day.

Need to improve the depth of the team. Bottom 6 forwards and the D needs serious improvement. Not going to have deep playoff success with a d core including 41 yo Chara, K. Miller, Krug, McQuaid.

Once you throw Carlo & McAvoy in, two of those will be bottom-pairing guys or 7D. Gotta think DS will use some of the offseason cap space to acquire another NHL veteran top-4 D.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I mean, it was really for cash

Without a doubt. At least the Oilers got to use the $15 million and three draft picks they got from the Kings, unlike the previous team that traded Gretzky for cash and picks in a WHA draft everyone knew was never going to happen (my grandfather went to his grave cursing Indianapolis Racers owner Nelson Skalbania).

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Everyone hated the officiating. So did I but what I absolutely hated was the way Tampa Bay flat out bullied this team. I cannot recall any team physically dominating a Bruins team like that until now. It was awful and we didn't respond which made it all the worse. I don't ever want to see a Bruins team play like that ever again.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Everyone hated the officiating. So did I but what I absolutely hated was the way Tampa Bay flat out bullied this team. I cannot recall any team physically dominating a Bruins team like that until now. It was awful and we didn't respond which made it all the worse. I don't ever want to see a Bruins team play like that ever again.

Bullied by muchkins at the offensive end

But they got some tall and strong Ds that can skate. They played pretty much mistake free hockey as well

May 29, 2013
The officiating the Bruins playoff run was sickening at best. The neverending faceoff resets in Toronto was clearly directed at the B's. Funny, that wasn't and issue with TB. Then with the non-calls against the B's vs TB led to goals for TB and missed opportunities for the B's. I hope the league is confronted with this crap.
Overall the team looked tired against TB. Krecji has always been in my bad books as a floater and it showed yet again. It's tiring just watching him on the ice not hitting anybody and avoiding at all costs being hit himself. Oh well he gets a longer summer vacation now - which is all he wants, and of course his $7.5M.
Love Krug on the offence but man does he ever get flattened in the defensive zone. Feel sorry for the guy but he's a liability on the D.
DeBrusk is a keeper - Nash trade was a mistake - Backes for same price i'd rather have Lucic back
I thought McAvoy would have been better. Miller was good - Rask has never will he ever be a game breaker like Thomas was.

Reactions: Strafer

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Bullied by muchkins at the offensive end

But they got some tall and strong Ds that can skate. They played pretty much mistake free hockey as well

That's what I noticed too about TB's defensemen- they're big, strong and they are mobile. The Bruins need to get dmen like this= Krug & Gryz are skilled and brave enough but they lack the size & strength to take or give a pounding. TB hammered both of them the entire series. It definitely had a negative impact on their games.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
this is my biggest take from this series. the Bruins need more hammers and fewer nails

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
That's what I noticed too about TB's defensemen- they're big, strong and they are mobile. The Bruins need to get dmen like this= Krug & Gryz are skilled and brave enough but they lack the size & strength to take or give a pounding. TB hammered both of them the entire series. It definitely had a negative impact on their games.

Yup. Almost felt like they had 6 Brandon Carlos

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

I hope Carlo comes back playing like he did at the end of the year. from the Pittsburgh game in early March until his injury it was like he flipped a switch and was all of the sudden playing physical. Along with McAvoy who hits like a truck, and Miller whose skating improved by leaps and bounds, that’s a very good right side

Reactions: BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It wasn't just their D-men who were playing strong and physical. Their forwards freaking brought it. Callahan/Paquette/Kucherov/Palat had 19 hits today (6/4/4/5). No Bruin forward had more than 2. Really pathetic given that TB's game has dropped off noticeably this season when they are getting hit.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Nothing against the team or the fans in tampa bay. They were certainly the better team in the series. Just based on how shitty the officiating was i hope Ovechkin posts an Ovechtrick on them for four straight games in the conference final. Seriously f*** everything about this series.

Reactions: Strafer

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
This team played a ton of hockey at the end of the season. They went 7 with Toronto.

They faced a very fresh, good Tampa team that took advantage of the fact that the Bruins did not have much left in the tank.

I am not taking anything away from Tampa but those are the facts.

I am trying to forget about the officiating in this series so I won't mention it or add to one of the reasons we lost but we all know what happened.

Proud of the team, happy with the way the kids and veterans gelled.

Hopefully we take another step forward next season.

Reactions: Alicat and Strafer

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Wayne Gretzky was traded. Think about that. The greatest scorer in the history of the game got traded to another team while he was in his prime.
no, Gretzky deal was an out and out sale. why hasn't Edmonton reclaimed their prominence since then.... and remember, EIG, was the replacement until Katz did what he did to recreate that era in ownership...

Gretzky is a generational talent you only see once, if ever, McDavid will always be rated unfairly because it's a different era.... same goes with Crosby succession from the now owner of the Penguins in Lemieux, again, another unfair comparison, no matter what success the Pens have, they're a franchise that somehow, someway, survived 2 Bankruptcies, and we're still talking the fallout to this day of the Arizona Coyotes and their future.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
no, Gretzky deal was an out and out sale. why hasn't Edmonton reclaimed their prominence since then.... and remember, EIG, was the replacement until Katz did what he did to recreate that era in ownership...

Other than the remnants ripping our hearts out and winning the Stanley Cup two years later ... if only Wesley had hit that open net.

Then, the financial issues hit and a lot of the small market teams really struggled, and the Oilers got hit very hard. Rumored to be moving to Houston in the 1990s at the time the Nordiques & Jets moved.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2