Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Other than that did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln? THE BEAR is hit by lightning 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
No they won't , but they will make the noise that is necessary to get the ball moving in the right direction and we should all be supporting that rather than any of the other dumb shit we will be posting on these boards tonight or ever.

Folks , take a step back, it's all right there in front of you, are you gonna let politicians,media or social media tell what to think or are you gonna be smart enough to form your own opinion. Do whatever it will take to set things right, the time is NOW

I do have my own opinion and I think the nba canceling the season would be a incredibly bad idea and won’t have nearly the impact they think it will

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
There were many players out marching with “the little people”. Jaylen Brown went down to Atlanta to meet up with people and march. Marcus Smart, Enes Kanter and other Celtics marched in Boston. Zeno Chara marched. The McCourty’s marched. Lots of other players in other cities marched.

Was referring to the Ownership and above tier of pro sports, not the players.

good luck busting the what is by far the strongest union in sports

C.R.E.A.M.

Don't doubt what the ruling class is capable of.

Reactions: CDJ

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Oh and i DID have turkey hill cookie dough ice cream out of a coffee mug tonight. So I’m glad i can end that shitty tradition

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It probably seems like sour grapes after tonight’s pounding but the way this series is trending I wouldn’t be terribly disappointed if the season was canceled. Take a break and do it right when we start again .

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Why are we not playing games now? I missed something for sure.
Bucks boycotted their game at the last minute today and it set off a ripple there in the WNBA, MLS and MLB. Hockey did a moment of reflection and has been getting roasted all night for it.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I think you are wrong. What's more, I hope your wrong. If not them, then who? The politicians? Who.........Who?

Yes they are CNN and FoxNews etc

triple nba and nhl In ratings

Nba and nhl aren’t that big of a deal in America

the only sport that matters is NFL

If NFL cancels than we could see change nba and nhl are irreverent

Reactions: Gordoff

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
I mean do you not see how things get done in this country and who benefits? Did you not see who has benefited during this pandemic? Whoever has money gets things pulled in their direction

you don’t think a bunch of billionaires taking a near 100% loss on their massive (I think some teams are worth billions now?) investment won’t cause them to try and impact some change? I disagree
Won’t make a damned bit of difference. They’re all totally financially insulated. Hurts them not a bit and hurts the little guy. Just deprives the masses their opiate of sports, which just adds to the collective misery caused by the pandemic and its effects.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
right but why today?
In response to what happened in Kenosha Wisconsin earlier in the week and last night.

Game 1 of the Bucks series was to start this afternoon.

There were rumblings last night that the Celtics/Raptors may not play Thursday and the n the Bucks news dropped

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The truth is closing in. Kind of like when covid was closing in and everyone chose to ignore. As the white supremacists would say " Wake up white people"

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Won’t make a damned bit of difference. They’re all totally financially insulated. Hurts them not a bit and hurts the little guy. Just deprives the masses their opiate of sports, which just adds to the collective misery caused by the pandemic and its effects.

I think they absolutely care about a billion+ dollar loss. Did you not see how much they panicked about China lol

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Burn this one and move on. Almost everyone was bad. Reffing did us no favours but the Bs were worse.

Boston have one game to turn this around or they'll be going home in 5, just like 2018. There's no magic fix on the sidelines - guys like Seny, Frederic and Stud are going to hopefully give you something in the future, but not now. None from the coaches either, these guys know how to play and what's at stake. Put your best 18 on the ice, Halak in net, stick with your chosen lines, and see if this team has it in them to bounce back or just wants to go home.

There's no shame in losing to Tampa, much as we hate it - on paper they're better than the Bruins in almost every area, even without Stamkos or McDonagh. It's simply a question of whether the Bruins still have the desire and ability to dig deep and get their game and effort together enough to neutralize the difference and at least make a contest of the rest of the series.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
In response to what happened in Kenosha Wisconsin earlier in the week and last night.

the dude shot in the back close range?

Looks bad at first look, but i have questions on how that all played out before i ask the NHL to cancel their season

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well if Nba cancels you can bet Nhl will follow.

not so sure about that given the composition of each league and each leagues fan base

Also I’m not so sure the NHL can afford to do it like the NBA can. I saw in the Celtics thread the talk about the NBA losing its last fans or whatever and honestly that’s a top 3 post I’ve seen on this website. The league has never been more popular worldwide, and I don’t think that changes by cancelling a months worth of games. The NHL is still kicking in around #4 here in the states but at least the MLB is starting to come within reach imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad