Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Other than that did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln? THE BEAR is hit by lightning 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yes they are CNN and FoxNews etc

triple nba and nhl In ratings

Nba and nhl aren’t that big of a deal in America

the only sport that matters is NFL

If NFL cancels than we could see change nba and nhl are irreverent

I think your gonna be wrong about this on too, by the way it's then not than and English isn't even my 1st language.

Reactions: Embryo

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I think your gonna be wrong about this on too, by the way it's then not than and English isn't even my 1st language.

Yea I don’t care about grammar or spelling on message boards

the news cycle is 24 hours

once the nba quits it will be a story for 3 days

than something else will happen and people will forget the nba even restarted a season

if they want change keep playing for there shrinking tv audience and preach there beliefs

but disappearing won’t help them Get change They want

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Burn this one and move on. Almost everyone was bad. Reffing did us no favours but the Bs were worse.

Boston have one game to turn this around or they'll be going home in 5, just like 2018. There's no magic fix on the sidelines - guys like Seny, Frederic and Stud are going to hopefully give you something in the future, but not now. None from the coaches either, these guys now how to play and what's at stake. Put your best 18 on the ice, Halak in net, stick with your chosen lines, and see if this team has it in them to bounce back or just wants to go home.

There's no shame in losing to Tampa, much as we hate it - on paper they're better than the Bruins in almost every area, even without Stamkos or McDonagh. It's simply a question of whether the Bruins still have the desire and ability to dig deep and get their game and effort together enough to neutralize the difference and at least make a contest of the rest of the series.
People keep telling me that Tampa is the better team and I guess they are right but it seems like yesterday the Bruins were getting ready to play a game 7 against the Blues to win it all . A team that could come so close to a Cup surely can’t be significantly weaker than Tampa ?

Reactions: HumBucker

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
He was unarmed, pretty much all you need to know.

that could very well be all there is to it

why were the police there to begin with? Were they responding to a call involving that guy? Did he say or do anything to make the officers think he had a weapon on him or in his car?

no idea.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Again, to what end? What concrete result would end a work stoppage?

Probably see a larger commitment from the league to their causes. Maybe even some outright lobbying in DC from the league. But I also think this is being done to kind of spotlight what’s going on- it’s deliberately done to NOT give people an escape to sports because this is something they feel people shouldn’t try to escape from

Reactions: HumBucker

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
the dude shot in the back close range?

Looks bad at first look, but i have questions on how that all played out before i ask the NHL to cancel their season
Yes and then the 17 year old who murdered 2 protesters last night and maimed a 3rd with an AR-15 and got a bottle of water from the cops as protesters screamed at them to arrest him. He was arrested hours later outside his home in Illinois.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Yes and then the 17 year old who murdered 2 protesters last night and maimed a 3rd with an AR-15 and got a bottle of water from the cops as protesters screamed at them to arrest him. He was arrested hours later outside his home in Illinois.

yes i did see that one. That was inexcusable.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
that could very well be all there is to it

why were the police there to begin with? Were they responding to a call involving that guy? Did he say or do anything to make the officers think he had a weapon on him or in his car?

no idea.
Their lives weren’t threatened. Why shoot to kill?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I hate to blame this on John Moore. But These things tend to happen whenever he is in the lineup for some reason.

He's cursed I tell ya.

Reactions: SPLBRUIN

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
Is there anywhere I can see a replay of this penalty everyone is talking about? Of course they don't show it in any of the highlights, they all start with the power play goal. Or describe what happened? I heard it was quite the softy.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

This is 2020, defund the cops, then what? Do you expect them to put their lives on the line for you?

Reactions: Budddy and Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is 2020, defund the cops, then what? Do you expect them to put their lives on the line for you?

no but I expect them to arrest a murderer. It’s kind of their job that they are getting paid our tax dollars to do, they probably shouldn’t let the guy walk home only to have him arrested the next day (probably by a different precinct that doesn’t protect murderers)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
yes i did see that one. That was inexcusable.
The cops just released some details about what allegedly happened with Jacob Blake but with no body cameras and the police refusing to say why they were trying to detain him (not arrest him, detain him) it is a case of what witnesses saw and filmed and what the police are saying.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
........................................................HEADLINE .........................................................................
NBA boycotts Wednesday playoff games.
In related news, The Boston Bruins boycott Wednesdays playoff game

Reactions: Gordoff

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Hoping I get this in before you get deleted but I hope you take the time to dig into why the content of this post is so detrimental. This line of thinking is why there are people protesting in the streets.

Asking a truthful question and stating an opinion based on video evidence is “detrimental”?

What planet do you people live on?

Do you really believe that this particular policeman shot the guy because he was black? That’s ridiculous.

Reactions: Save By Thomas

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Yes.

I've been criticized at my job before for mistakes. I don't get to decide to selectively stop doing it and collect a paycheck. They are given rights and responsibilities above and beyond what normal citizens get. That also comes with an expectation of professionalism. If you are doing a shit job and the culture is getting people killed you learn from it. Doubling down is asinine.

Asking a truthful question and stating an opinion based on video evidence is “detrimental”?

What planet do you people live on?

Do you really believe that this particular policeman shot the guy because he was black? That’s ridiculous.

I imagine you sitting in a house full of smoke without a care in the world. Can't be a fire since you don't see it. And even if you do, unless its burning your feet its not really your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad