Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Other than that did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln? THE BEAR is hit by lightning 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
Wtf are you talking about? We should absolutely be upset when a cop shoots an unarmed man 7 times. "Black on black crime" is a pathetic strawman btw, lazy and totally irrelevant

Last post on subject:

First, I have seen no facts released from the authorities stating that there was no weapon involved. Second, I am upset about this shooting, but from an entirely different perspective. The officers acted much too passively. Kind of like the Bruins tonight. If they really wanted to apprehend the suspect then do so. Don’t pull your weapon and follow the guy around the vehicle. This was a pure case of fundamentally poor law enforcement tactics. Third, the suspect did not obey commands and caused the situation to escalate rapidly. Getting into the vehicle was a very reckless act. The shooting happened because of many things but the color of the suspect’s skin had nothing to do with it.

Goodnight folks. Bruins got smoked. It sucked. I don’t hate anyone who disagrees with me. We are all Bruins fans and that makes us family.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I cant tell if you're oversimplifying what defunding the police means because you really dont understand it or if you just cant come up with better reasoning for why toxic police culture should remain uncritiqued

Its like the guy who gets put out of work because his company outsourced or replaced him with an immigrant and he goes on about them taking his job.

In reality he should be mad at his company, but the ruling class has him convinced its immigrants.

Cops should be mad at their fellow cops that joined for the wrong reasons or have terrible character. Instead somehow the people asking for change are the problem. That's the issue with the "Blue Brotherhood" or whatever they call it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Finally, someone with a logical response. Now if you were a cop, and people were dancing on every street they could about how you should have your livelihood cut off, would you still be following what you posted? Or would you just say I'm out, figure it out folks , I'm not gonna spill blood in a losing battle.
I would expect the cops who couldn’t handle the criticism to find another line of work and for those who chose to stay, find a way to change the way things are being done and become an ally to the people they serve. Serve and protect not maim and terrify

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Lots of people gonna look real stupid when the facts of the case come out.

The kid who killed the 2 protestors will get off pretty easy as well. Yeah, maybe don’t hit people in the head with a skateboard if you don’t wanna get lit up.

bet a lot of people didn’t hear about the dude in Worcester with multiple prior arrests for domestic and gun charges that shot his girlfriend in the face leaving her brain dead for 3 days before she passed. I can only imagine why that is.
You're backing a guy that brought an automatic weapon to a protest?

If that wasn't an act intended to incite violence, I'm not sure what it is.

If he was black, and killed two people at a Trump rally, you'd want to lynch him.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The biggest difference between the NBA and NHL and why I doubt we see any boycotts is because NBA players are the ones who are most impacted by what happened in Kenosha. They see themselves, their family members, their sons in Jacob Blake. This has shaken them to their core again and then when you add in how isolating the bubble is and the chatter that guys are over being there, you get the explosion that happened today.

To be isolated and not have the support of family during this time must be a very depressing experience. Doesn’t matter how much money you’re making.

What’s really upsetting is that so many people clearly think that these guys are doing this “for show” or something. There’s not even a basic understanding as to how much inequality has torn apart communities and amplified a cycle of poverty and despair on one particular demographic far more than any other. These guys may have achieved success as professional athletes, but like most us, they never get too far from home.

I hope that the league and players can make a positive difference. I fully support whatever they decide to do.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
There’s a reason those two are speaking post game and they need to answer these questions. The leagues moment or reflection was an embarrassing joke. The league needs to do more. Their silence is deafening
They're a hockey league. The only thing they need to be doing is playing hockey.

Leave your social justice bullshit for the people who can actually change the laws.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Lots of people gonna look real stupid when the facts of the case come out.

The kid who killed the 2 protestors will get off pretty easy as well. Yeah, maybe don’t hit people in the head with a skateboard if you don’t wanna get lit up.

bet a lot of people didn’t hear about the dude in Worcester with multiple prior arrests for domestic and gun charges that shot his girlfriend in the face leaving her brain dead for 3 days before she passed. I can only imagine why that is.

Sounds like you are advocating for stronger gun control.

Couldn't agree more.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
*when the facts come out*

proceed to rattle off things that aren’t facts and dumb strawmen
Im not sure you even know what you just posted.

are you going to say he was not hit with a skateboard?

Break it down for me. I’m just impressed you could read all the big words I put in there.

Reactions: Save By Thomas

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Im not sure you even know what you just posted.

are you going to say he was not hit with a skateboard?

Break it down for me. I’m just impressed you could read all the big words I put in there.

you heard the mods, back to your cave

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
no they are supposed to pay thousands/millions to politicians just like they do for every other thing they want....

and I’d imagine the league and the players would reach an agreement, have you seen the league pushing back on them at all?

Holding hostages rarely works and doesn’t engender affection on the part of the captives. Nor should it be encouraged.

Reactions: JOKER 192

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Sounds like you are advocating for stronger gun control.

Couldn't agree more.
Not sure which part you’re referring to. Because the gun that killed the white nurse in Worcester was, get this, not legal.

the man who was let out of jail countless times on gun charges by? You guessed it - the politicians that advocate for stronger gun control.

Reactions: Save By Thomas

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I would expect the cops who couldn’t handle the criticism to find another line of work and for those who chose to stay, find a way to change the way things are being done and become an ally to the people they serve. Serve and protect not maim and terrify

Your gonna find yourself with a pretty thin corps.

Policeman are human , just like me and you. If tomorrow I walk into the office and tell you, Ali, you know what? You and your kind suck, we are going to be de-funding your department. Now go out there and do what ever it is that you do. Are you doing it? Putting your life on the line? If you are then I don't know what to tell you. Good luck

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Rioting and looting is bad. Punishes innocent people. Period.

Driving across a state border, showing up as a citizen “defender of the city” openly carrying weapons is begging for a problem, however. You’ve got problem who are hurt and angry, some of whom are acting out, and I am expected to have empathy for a kid who just murdered two people because the trouble he was looking for found him? No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad