Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Other than that did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln? THE BEAR is hit by lightning 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Athletes really Overstate their importance. Millions unemployed, pandemic, category 5 hurricane and another social injustice, nobody cares if they play or not, and them quitting and vanishing makes their message short lived. Keep playing, get your message out every day, every interview...push for change that way.
This is exactly right!

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
The 1st was fine, I'd say even solid. Two horrific breaks with the Ritchie call then the linesman. Otherwise they looked decent. They just didn't handle that adversity at all though. Wheels fell off completely.
Yup. Running into the linesman was too much for them. Then a few more bad breaks and more stupid penalties.

Reactions: 13Hockey

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And? How does that change anything? So they will get real change to happen?

I mean do you not see how things get done in this country and who benefits? Did you not see who has benefited during this pandemic? Whoever has money gets things pulled in their direction

you don’t think a bunch of billionaires taking a near 100% loss on their massive (I think some teams are worth billions now?) investment won’t cause them to try and impact some change? I disagree

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I mean do you not see how things get done in this country and who benefits? Did you not see who has benefited during this pandemic? Whoever has money gets things pulled in their direction

you don’t think a bunch of billionaires taking a near 100% loss on their massive (I think some teams are worth billions now?) investment won’t cause them to try and impact some change? I disagree
And that has WHAT to do with tonights game?

Reactions: Embryo and 13Hockey

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
And? How does that change anything? So they will get real change to happen?
It gets the necessary conversations on all sides to begin happening individually and as a group.

The reach athletes have is incredible and if they want to use it to help figure out how to make the necessary changes happen so everyone in society has a fair go of it, I support them 100%.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

The type of change will be the union busting kind, not the kind where they start marching in the street hand in hand with the little people.

Reactions: EvilDead

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Depends where their affiliation lies.

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Depends where their affiliation lies.

their affiliation lies with their multiple billions of dollars franchise, I can guarantee that

plus these guys best “assets” in their multi-billion dollar investments are predominantly African American.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Not just Tampa, but any team that plays a tough game! Blues, Caps, Bolts, Blue Jackets, Flames, and Avs all play fast and heavy and the B's don't play well against teams that have both and especially if they have a decent goaltender.

And yet the BRUINS were the only team with 100 points prior to the shutdown. Yup, they lose a lot of games to other teams.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
people are talking about it in here, why are you singling me out but praising other people’s posts who also are discussing the same thing?
Because they're basically saying what I agree with, that it has nothing to do with tonight's game.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The few racist cops out there once they see the NBA is shutdown

I guarantee are gonna end there racist views!

No they won't , but they will make the noise that is necessary to get the ball moving in the right direction and we should all be supporting that rather than any of the other dumb shit we will be posting on these boards tonight or ever.

Folks , take a step back, it's all right there in front of you, are you gonna let politicians,media or social media tell what to think or are you gonna be smart enough to form your own opinion. Do whatever it will take to set things right, the time is NOW

Reactions: Static and Alicat

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Anyone remember what happened game 3 of the 2019 SCF? How did that series turn out?

The Bruins PP made the Blues look like shit

Berube whined to the officials that they were getting too many penalties, so the league eased off on the poor Blues and let them get away with just about anything they wanted

...and it changed the rest of the series in the Blues favor

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The type of change will be the union busting kind, not the kind where they start marching in the street hand in hand with the little people.
There were many players out marching with “the little people”. Jaylen Brown went down to Atlanta to meet up with people and march. Marcus Smart, Enes Kanter and other Celtics marched in Boston. Zeno Chara marched. The McCourty’s marched. Lots of other players in other cities marched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad