Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Other than that did you enjoy the play Mrs. Lincoln? THE BEAR is hit by lightning 7-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Look at crime rates and police funding and the amount of people in jail in other western countries. We are doing it wrong.

I like how this thread is gonna devolve into us bashing private prisons but I’m totally here for it

Also the lightning should be thrown in private prison after that assault tonight

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This is 2020, defund the cops, then what? Do you expect them to put their lives on the line for you?
I expect them not to profile my black and brown friends every chance they get. I expect them to do the job in which they chose to do and are paid to do. I expect them to try all other means before reaching for their gun. I expect them to uphold the law not break them.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
no but I expect them to arrest a murderer. It’s kind of their job that they are getting paid our tax dollars to do

Ok, so your working a job , your putting your life on the line and people are protesting that you be de-funded, in other words , we wanna cut off your paycheck. Are you busting you ass for that? Not me , I'm going home. You dumb f***s can work it out on your own, I'm not spilling blood for you.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
People keep telling me that Tampa is the better team and I guess they are right but it seems like yesterday the Bruins were getting ready to play a game 7 against the Blues to win it all . A team that could come so close to a Cup surely can’t be significantly weaker than Tampa ?

I don't know about 'significantly' but IMO there is a difference in quality - Tampa's that bit bigger, faster, deeper on offense, have better shooters, and are better in net without Rask. I would normally say defense is 50/50, but the Bruin's D just hasn't shown up for long stretches so far.

The Bruins are a very good team, they have talent, but I don't think they're as strong on pure ability as Tampa or even a team like Colorado. Generally they have a lot of heart, they're well coached, have a strong, smart core and they work their asses off, and I think that usually makes them a match for anybody. But if that effort and chemistry falls away that little bit, then a top quality roster like Tampa's will beat them as long as they come to play.

The Bolts screwed up last year and we avoided them. Would we have beaten them then? Who knows. The fact is that the Bs got a dream run to those finals and blew their chance. Deep down we probably all know it was THE chance. But what's done is done.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Well if I get into arguing politics and policy I’m going to have an even worse time sleeping tonight than I am already after that game...

Very disappointing game. Shit happens on the bad calls. The response was gross. I understand three games in four nights with another back to back upcoming, but hard to look at that effort tonight and feel like last year wasn’t the last run.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Probably see a larger commitment from the league to their causes. Maybe even some outright lobbying in DC from the league. But I also think this is being done to kind of spotlight what’s going on- it’s deliberately done to NOT give people an escape to sports because this is something they feel people shouldn’t try to escape from
Who decides how much is enough? The players unions? The owners? And, is more national legislation really what’s needed?

So, owners are supposed to pay millions to sportsmen so that they can shape public policy rather than play under contract while the fans just sit idly by?

Wildly ill conceived.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Ok, so your working a job , your putting your life on the line and people are protesting that you be de-funded, in other words , we wanna cut off your paycheck. Are you busting you ass for that? Not me , I'm going home. You dumb f***s can work it out on your own, I'm not spilling blood for you.

Logging/Fishing/Roofing is a more dangerous occupation than being a cop in the US. Lets not pretend these guys are getting shot at every night on patrol.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

well then you should stop collecting the check and quit your job at that point because you clearly got into it for the wrong reasons if that’s your response to people criticizing legitimate things to criticize

you can’t let a murderer walk, you’re literally validating the protests when you do that

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
I know you're from Montreal, but there's this thing called the 1st Amendment.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
ritchie gave a soft slash behind the play to someone

type of play that happens 20x a game
Thanks. I can't find a replay or anything of this anywhere. Very irritating when a game starts out like that and the momentum is given to one team because of a terrible call. I'm a Rangers fan but I feel for ya, at least you have a few Cups in recent years to be proud of. Good luck in the next game. I don't want to see Tampa win, at all, even with McDonagh. I miss Kevin Hayes, enjoy him.

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Who decides how much is enough? The players unions? The owners? And, is more national legislation really what’s needed?

So, owners are supposed to pay millions to sportsmen so that they can shape public policy rather than play under contract while the fans just sit idly by?

Wildly ill conceived.

no they are supposed to pay thousands/millions to politicians just like they do for every other thing they want....

and I’d imagine the league and the players would reach an agreement, have you seen the league pushing back on them at all?

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I expect them not to profile my black and brown friends every chance they get. I expect them to do the job in which they chose to do and are paid to do. I expect them to try all other means before reaching for their gun. I expect them to uphold the law not break them.

Finally, someone with a logical response. Now if you were a cop, and people were dancing on every street they could about how you should have your livelihood cut off, would you still be following what you posted? Or would you just say I'm out, figure it out folks , I'm not gonna spill blood in a losing battle.

Reactions: Save By Thomas

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
The biggest difference between the NBA and NHL and why I doubt we see any boycotts is because NBA players are the ones who are most impacted by what happened in Kenosha. They see themselves, their family members, their sons in Jacob Blake. This has shaken them to their core again and then when you add in how isolating the bubble is and the chatter that guys are over being there, you get the explosion that happened today.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

I cant tell if you're oversimplifying what defunding the police means because you really dont understand it or if you just cant come up with better reasoning for why toxic police culture should remain uncritiqued

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
well then you should stop collecting the check and quit your job at that point because you clearly got into it for the wrong reasons if that’s your response to people criticizing legitimate things to criticize

you can’t let a murderer walk, you’re literally validating the protests when you do that

But the politicians are doing the same thing and they are still all collecting a paycheck

Reactions: Save By Thomas

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lots of people gonna look real stupid when the facts of the case come out.

The kid who killed the 2 protestors will get off pretty easy as well. Yeah, maybe don’t hit people in the head with a skateboard if you don’t wanna get lit up.

bet a lot of people didn’t hear about the dude in Worcester with multiple prior arrests for domestic and gun charges that shot his girlfriend in the face leaving her brain dead for 3 days before she passed. I can only imagine why that is.

*when the facts come out*

proceed to rattle off things that aren’t facts and dumb strawmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad