Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 2 - Get a good night's sleep guys - Tampa Bay 4 BRUINS 3 F/OT

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bigger picture, Cup winners usually have four lines rolling effectively. The Bruins don't have that with the third line this year. The wingers either aren't ready for prime time (Bjork) or are driving a Dodge Pinto in a Nascar race (Ritchie). I feel like the Bolts exposed that last night. Also, if you want to get someone to combat Pat Maroon, why not just sign Pat Maroon?

Well in last years playoffs they didn't really have a 2nd line.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
best part of last nites game aside from the play of Marchand, was when Clifton levelled that tool with the late hit. Hoping he plants one exactly like that on Maroon tonite.

Reactions: Gordoff

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Id take out clifton for Lauzon. Size>recklessness. I like Clifton just think he’s too crazy out there in not a great way at times.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
The bullying part is what really stood out to me and not in a good way. Bruins went passive and TB dummied them at every opportunity. There should have been TB bodies flying all over the place, especially in front of Halak. If the Bruins keep cringing like that they'll lose the series.
They won’t knock him over too often but they have to start making Hedman’s life more difficult.

Their forwards better slow down TB’s forecheck some too or Krug will be a permanent ad in those boards in Toronto

Reactions: BMC

aguineapig

The more desperate team was the better team for more of the game. But every game in a series is a new chapter in a novel that is yet to be completed. The Tampa D was let loose last night after going down early. Coburn was good, Hedman was as usual but the game was custom made for Shattenkirk. But a tighter game with better forecheck by the B's could expose his flaws such as some of our Defenceman's were in this game.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Id take out clifton for Lauzon. Size>recklessness. I like Clifton just think he’s too crazy out there in not a great way at times.
no way dude. maybe take out Krug for Lauzon. Clifton is clearly getting under their skin.
Krug has done nothing. He is good on the power play, but even then, he never even hits the net if he does shoot.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The d-pairs need to be switched up. Chara is soaking up d-zone starts, which is understandable, he's still solid defensively, but McAvoy should be leading in ice-time, he's just a beast. Krug-Carlo is getting utterly eaten alive. I'd go with:

Grzelcyk-McAvoy (all-around pairing, mostly neutral zone starts)
Chara-Carlo (d-zone heavy pairing, perhaps Carlo will be a bit more aggressive playing with Chara)
Krug-Lauzon (stick Krug with a solid physical player and give this pairing more o-zone starts)

Just my two cents. The bottom six struggled mightily last night and they should consider putting Lindholm back in, perhaps Studnicka. But the d-pairs are a big concern too.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bottom players killed the B's last night.

3rd and 4th lines on for two goals each. Clifton also on for two.

McAvoy made a few really weird decisions at both ends last night.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The d-pairs need to be switched up. Chara is soaking up d-zone starts, which is understandable, he's still solid defensively, but McAvoy should be leading in ice-time, he's just a beast. Krug-Carlo is getting utterly eaten alive. I'd go with:

Chara-Carlo (d-zone heavy pairing, perhaps Carlo will be a bit more aggressive playing with Chara)
Krug-Lauzon (stick Krug with a solid physical player and give this pairing more o-zone starts)

Just my two cents. The bottom six struggled mightily last night and they should consider putting Lindholm back in, perhaps Studnicka. But the d-pairs are a big concern too.

McAvoy is leading in ice time.

Tampa pressure is making B's D play faster than they are used to.

Wouldn't mind seeing Lauzon, Lindholm or Studnicka. Trust the coaching staff to make the right calls.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I definitely expect a bounce back like game 3 against STL last year.
Marchand was our only forward showing me anything last nite.
We didnt score on multiple quality chances the first 2 periods. sometimes not even getting a shot on net.
Debrusk continues to baffle me. He has such great speed but takes the weirdest angles to the puck. If he would just use his speed against Colborn Bogosian and Schenn that line would actually be relevant.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
WE played bad yet went to overtime against a really good team. We where never going to sweep this series, probably going 6-7 and people are panicking. First Vlader cannot be in net today in this vital game. Has never played in the NHL. It would be a panic move. Also, we are a better team than the 2018 team. We will win tonight.

Reactions: HumBucker

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

I am not in favor of sitting Clifton this series. So far he has been the only one hitting and getting under their skin. Mcavoy definitely should be with Gryz. I like Carlo with Chara. But I like Lauzon Clifton better than Krug Lauzon.
What has Krug done to stay in the lineup?? Hes ketting pummeled out there. Plus hes getting turned by defenseman released by the Sabres.

Reactions: BTO

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
We're just pissed-off. Happens after a tough loss as you may have noticed. Or is that not allowed anymore? I dunno, maybe it offends people or something.

Again, again, again, tomorrow we'll be optimistic and enthusiastic and will be out in full force cheering on our beloved Bruins. But tonight have the courtesy of allowing us to wallow in our collective misery. Sheesh.

Oh it's allowed and it gets quite comical. Not offensive just silly like "start Vladar, Halak sucks" "Tampa is just too good, they DOMINATE us every time, can't handle them" You know, that kind of intelligent stuff which is not quite the same as being disappointed in a loss. So sheesh yourself. No one said anything about being bummed. I was bummed too.

aguineapig

I believe in the group.
I believe in the leadership of the group.
I believe they win tonight.
You can take that to the bank...
I second the motion on all except the last as I am a credit union member. And they are only open for drive thru!

Reactions: BMC

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
no way dude. maybe take out Krug for Lauzon. Clifton is clearly getting under their skin.
Krug has done nothing. He is good on the power play, but even then, he never even hits the net if he does shoot.
I get Krug has struggled. But when your mentioning benching him you really are in fantasy land.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00